5h1ne4u

After my fiance got his k-1 visas in Nov. he went purchase a ticket using that visa to go to a different country instead of coming here to the USA

89 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

To a different country? The visa for the U.S. wouldn't help him get into another country.

07-17-2009 I-129F sent

07-22-2009 NOA1 date

07-24-2009 check cleared

07-30-2009 NOA1 received via snail mail

10-14-2009 NOA2 (we were around #187 on Igor's List)

12-30-2009 Interview in Madrid!

02-01-2010 Visa in Hand - finally!

03-08-2010 POE Orlando, FL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Thinkin the same thing?? What good would a US visa do in a different country... Also, with the K1 you have to marry in 90 days so it would not do any good here either without getting married??? Need more info!

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

A U.S. Visa is only good for entering the United States. The K-1 visa is only good to come into the US and marry you...that's it. That is the condition for that visa. If he's traveled to a different country, he either had a visa to enter that particular country or didn't need a visa to enter that country.

I am sorry, I don't know what's going on your fiancé. I hope the two of you get it figured out soon.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: Country: Laos
Timeline

We've known for several year now didn't have any ideas how deceiving he can be... Everything was fine until they issued him the K1-visa in Nov. of last month. He's been telling me lies that he lost his phone, bad batteries, no signal, he has more appointment to meet with the embassy and etc... you name it. I got a little suspension so i call to the embassy where he's at and spoke to the immigration officer who granted the visas he said "Visa and his passport was handed back to him in his hand at the begining of the month on his third visit we have no further appointment to see him" That's when discovered all the information. I call his family and they all tell me different stories... I heard from my friends that are close by where he lives... said they heard that he went to a different country other than the USA. So I was wondering if there's any kind of screening to filter people like that and what can i do from my ends to report so if i should happen file for a different K1 in the future this doesn't effect me??? PLEASE HELP!!! :( I don't know what to do anymore... and lost a lot of money for this...

I think he's trying to become an illegal immigrant in any country if he can maybe with someone he knows... I have no clue but i have heard that people done that in the past and are currently happening too...

I'm so sorry for what your going threw but why would he go threw all this K-1 stuff to just become an Illegal immigrant in a different country then America? I don't understand. Why would he wait till he got the visa, the visa is only good for America not any other country. Are you sure he went to another COUNTRY and not just another State then the one you living in?

02-14-10: Medical exam (Passed)

03-17-10: Interview (Approved But Pending AP.)

12-01-10: Embassy Calls Husband To Send In Passport Finally After Almost 9 months Of AP!!

12-01-10: Husband Sends In Passport Via Aramex

12-11-10: Husband Picks Up Visa

12-14-10: Flight Booked

12-22-10: USA Entry[/color]

02-20-11

02-27-11

"Still Together,even after rough times."~muslimqueen

It appears the beneficiary "took you for a ride," right up until the final big cash remittance for the airfare is my guess. THis is always so unfortunate, and down right tragic. More unfortunately, the stories we see here from people willing to acknowledge it, and seeking the support of others, tell us this type of fraud and deception happens with regularity.

I am sorry it happened to you. Unfortunately, given the geographical and political boundaries and jurisdictions of gov't, there is really not much you can do but report the fraudulent beneficiary to USCIS, NVC and the Consulate with duplicate letters addressed accordingly (no notarization necessary) in hopes of never letting him do this, this far to another US citizen or gain entrance to the US.

Report the relationship as abandoned, and request the withdraw of your I-134 Affidavit of Support if you are sure he has left you. Moreover, if he came back to you, would you really take him back and marry him. That takes some soul searching. God Bless and may your heart heal quickly.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

What good is a K-1 for another country?

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I think the K1 was a hook to get money, not the tool to travel. It appears that the K1 was used to have moneys sent to the fiance and then leave to someone already living in another country using that money. At this point there is little that can be done. Whatever money has been sent is gone, the man is not coming to marry and the K1 will probably die unused as the airfare has been expended as seed money for life somewhere else.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

To the original poster , If you have shared any info with this person you need to protect yourself. If you provided the standard amount of personal data you may wish to call the credit agencies and alert them to possible fraud, you can contact customs and border patrol and alert them to the possible fraudulent attempt to immigrate. And you may want to write and withdraw your support of the I 134 you signed for him to get the visa.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

My guess is that he is in the US, probably intends to live here illegally.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I think he's trying to become an illegal immigrant in any country if he can maybe with someone he knows... I have no clue but i have heard that people done that in the past and are currently happening too...

Sounds like a short-sighted heartless ba~tard.

Did you send him any money?

It sounds very much out of the ordinary, going through the trouble to scam someone for a K-1 and not entering US soil.

I have a feeling he IS on US soil but just hasn't told you exactly where.

He'll definitely be illegal so don't waste time reporting him.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.