verde

Advice I Gave My Husband ...

76 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
You got it exactly. Thanks. That was my whole point. BTW, I made up with Pushbrk in private messages and this dispute is settled. When you are in a lot of pain, and in a helpless situation, and feel misunderstood, and under attack, it's hard. I know I over reacted, but in my job you have to keep fighting, particularly when you know you are right - and you have to make sure the rules, regulations, and law are interpreted fairly and applied consistently. So I have an obsession about that. There's nothing worse than having a judge make a decision without reviewing the file, and that's basically what the OC did to us. But you got my point. So thanks.
I'm more confused now. In the timelines, the VJ member "verde" (join-date in 2006) lists "Naveed" as the petitioner and "Lori" as the beneficiary (likely switched). This member "numohame" (join-date Nov. 2009) lists "Emily" as the petitioner and "Naveed" as the beneficiary. In the quoted message here, "numohame" sounds like a suddenly-more-reasonable version of "verde." Are these two different people? The same person with two different accounts? Have I skipped my distemper shot again THIS month, and it's affecting my brain? Si, man?

One thing IS clear: Despite all of the initial patience shown to her, the member "verde" is wearing out her welcome.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline
You got it exactly. Thanks. That was my whole point. BTW, I made up with Pushbrk in private messages and this dispute is settled. When you are in a lot of pain, and in a helpless situation, and feel misunderstood, and under attack, it's hard. I know I over reacted, but in my job you have to keep fighting, particularly when you know you are right - and you have to make sure the rules, regulations, and law are interpreted fairly and applied consistently. So I have an obsession about that. There's nothing worse than having a judge make a decision without reviewing the file, and that's basically what the OC did to us. But you got my point. So thanks.
I'm more confused now. In the timelines, the VJ member "verde" (join-date in 2006) lists "Naveed" as the petitioner and "Lori" as the beneficiary (likely switched). This member "numohame" (join-date Nov. 2009) lists "Emily" as the petitioner and "Naveed" as the beneficiary. In the quoted message here, "numohame" sounds like a suddenly-more-reasonable version of "verde." Are these two different people? The same person with two different accounts? Have I skipped my distemper shot again THIS month, and it's affecting my brain? Si, man?

One thing IS clear: Despite all of the initial patience shown to her, the member "verde" is wearing out her welcome.

other people have braught this up and she overlooks the comment. so that means ur probably not going to get an answer either.

Filed: Timeline

other people have braught this up and she overlooks the comment. so that means ur probably not going to get an answer either.

Here is your answer. I have two names, a first and middle name just like most of you. I go by my middle name. Both my husband and I have an account. I was posting our CR1 timeline under my account and our K3 timeline under his account, and accidentally responded under his account. But I want off of here too - even though Pushbrk and others understand that I am sick in pain, scared, and frustrated - people like you make me feel unwanted and unwelcome so I don't want to be here. EWOK please do remove me. I will send you a private message. Even Pushbrk admitted when he first started he had rants and was upset with the injustice of the system. But I don't need to be insulted and dismissed and clearly told I am not welcome here, or have insinuations made about me. Thanks for your understanding, kindness, and support. Now you can go after the next new person who is having a hard time and scare them off too.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Here is your answer. I have two names, a first and middle name just like most of you. I go by my middle name. Both my husband and I have an account. I was posting our CR1 timeline under my account and our K3 timeline under his account, and accidentally responded under his account. But I want off of here too - even though Pushbrk and others understand that I am sick in pain, scared, and frustrated - people like you make me feel unwanted and unwelcome so I don't want to be here. EWOK please do remove me. I will send you a private message. Even Pushbrk admitted when he first started he had rants and was upset with the injustice of the system. But I don't need to be insulted and dismissed and clearly told I am not welcome here, or have insinuations made about me. Thanks for your understanding, kindness, and support. Now you can go after the next new person who is having a hard time and scare them off too.

I said something to the effect that many have rants in the beginning, even me. I made no comparison with regard to the nature, magnitude or quantity of ranting as it would have been both inappropriate and unproductive.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I see you know "Bush" Spanish - "Si, man" is all you can say, lol. Sorry, but you insulted me and apparently I'm not allowed to say anything back. But since I'm leaving anyway ...

I said something to the effect that many have rants in the beginning, even me. I made no comparison with regard to the nature, magnitude or quantity of ranting as it would have been both inappropriate and unproductive.

I see you know "Bush" Spanish - "Si, man" is all you can say, lol. Sorry, but you insulted me and apparently I'm not allowed to say anything back. But since I'm leaving anyway ...

Here is your answer. I have two names, a first and middle name just like most of you. I go by my middle name. Both my husband and I have an account. I was posting our CR1 timeline under my account and our K3 timeline under his account (since you can't post two timelines on one account), and accidentally responded under his account. But I want off of here too - even though Pushbrk and others understand that I am sick in pain, scared, and frustrated - people like you make me feel unwanted and unwelcome so I don't want to be here. EWOK please do remove me. I will send you a private message. Even Pushbrk admitted when he first started he had rants and was upset with the injustice of the system. But I don't need to be insulted and dismissed and clearly told I am not welcome here, or have insinuations made about me. Thanks for your understanding, kindness, and support. Now you, TBONE, can go after the next new person who is having a hard time and scare them off too.

Pushbrk, I just meant that a lot of people come into this system and are upset over the subjectiveness of it and even you said you laugh at what you ranted about in the beginning. There is no need for this T-Bone person to be so mean. I give up!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I give up!
You're a fighter. What did Winston Churchill say? "Never, EVER quit!"

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I know how to interpret the law - it's my job - but he's the one who is arguing, not me, I am only responding. If anyone would bother actually reading the content, they'd see what was happening. But anyway, I won't waste my time with him anymore. It's not worth it.

You're a judge? How cool is that! :thumbs:

Supreme Court PDF

EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW”—These words, written above the main entrance to the Supreme Court Building, express the ultimate responsibility of the Supreme Court of the United States. The Court is the highest tribunal in the Nation for all cases and controversies arising under the Constitution or the laws of the United States. As the final arbiter of the law, the Court is charged with ensuring the American people the promise of equal justice under law and, thereby, also functions as guardian and interpreter of the Constitution.

Alexander hamilton & Federalist #78

The Constitution does not explicitly grant the Supreme Court the power of judicial review; nevertheless, the power of this Court to overturn laws and executive actions it deems unlawful or unconstitutional is a well-established precedent. Many of the Founding Fathers accepted the notion of judicial review; in Federalist No. 78, Alexander Hamilton wrote: "A Constitution is, in fact, and must be regarded by the judges, as a fundamental law. It therefore belongs to them to ascertain its meaning, as well as the meaning of any particular act proceeding from the legislative body. If there should happen to be an irreconcilable variance between the two, that which has the superior obligation and validity ought, of course, to be preferred; or, in other words, the Constitution ought to be preferred to the statute." The Supreme Court first established its power to declare laws unconstitutional in Marbury v. Madison (1803), consummating the system of checks and balances. This power allows judges to have the last word on allocation of authority among the three branches of the federal government, which grants them the ability to set bounds to their own authority, as well as to their immunity from outside checks and balances.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Point is Verde obviously you have never dealt with our justice system or the government in any extensive way. What the law says, what the constitution says, what any legal document says is only good if someone decides to enforce it. And if they don't there is no one to go to have it fixed.

You are stuck in the system and while I agree with you that the law says, the manual says, the constitution says, etc. etc. There is not a thing you can do about it except complain. You cannot get it fixed, you cannot speed it up, you can do nothing but wait.

Feel lucky that your case was expediated as much as it was. I am sorry you are having some problems with your case but so did I. All you can do is wait. If he is in AP no one, and I mean no one can do anything. If he is being given a K-3 instead of a CR-1 (or the other way around) just go with it, at least he will get here. You are so busy creating stress over minor details and losing focus on the main issue, getting him here in the US.

When you deal with the government or the justice system you are at their mercy. Just an example. I was in prison, I was released and had my letter signed by the Warden that I had served out all my time. Two weeks later i was arrested again on the same charges because the prosecutor went to the judge and lied. I spent two more months in jail with my letter stating I had already served my time before I saw a judge and was released. There was not a thing I could to about it, I just had to sit in jail and wait.

Same thing here you are at their mercy. You will just have to wait.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

And again she doesn't mention that she has done the immigration once before, which would shed light on the fact that the consulate needs to do extra security checks.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Skips over the facts on a regular bases wants people to feel sorry for her, yet is not straight up when asked. The RED flag is waving if this is the 2nd time in 3 years you are applying for a visa for a differnt person.

So do not let the door hit ya.............

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Verde ~

In no more than 2 sentences, 3 tops, please explain to me what kind of help it is that you need so that I can understand how to respond to you.

ANSWER ME LADY!

You go back and forth and argue with everyone in this thread but you won't answer a simple question. Do you want help or not? If so, what do you need help with!!?!?? I am trying to HELP!

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Forgive my disgustingly large font and aggressive reply above. I have posted some advice for you on your other thread since other members made it clear what your problem was. I hope I could help out. :unsure:

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Oh my god, not this ####### again. Lady, no one can make you feel anything. :rolleyes:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
:wow: Edited by enraptured

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.