verde

Advice I Gave My Husband ...

76 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
What expert? Can you refer me to the rule, law, regulation, or expert you are obtaining this information from? Because I'm relaying information straight from the NCV and Embassy, and if it's not from them, I quote the law or state that it is my opinion. I will find the post where you say you are an "immigration expert" and repost it. Good evening.

Here's the link with regard to CR1 issuance when I-130 is on station. Note the telegram to Consulates refers to IR1 but the same rules apply to CR1 as the only distinction is the duration of the marriage prior to interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ost&id=6408

And here is the relevant statment in the document in section 30.

If the I-130 petition is at post, or the applicant has already been interviewed and denied the IR1 by a consular officer, perhaps due to lack of the I-864 AOS, that applicant must proceed with IR1 processing and may not choose to apply instead for the K3

This is what it says, and this is what applies to my case:

"If the I-130 petition remains at or is in transit from NVC, or the applicant has already commenced K3 application (by returning Packet 3 forms) when the I-130 petition arrives at post, he/she may continue to process the K3 rather than switch to IR1 processing. K3 applicants may opt at any time to process as IR1s rather than continue the K3 application."

Thanks, this is great information. It actually supports almost everything I have been claiming. It states that an interview with a consular officer is not required for a non-immigrant (k3) visa. It states that I-864s are NOT required for a K3 petition, and that even I-134s are not required but can be requested at Embassy discretion. It also states that if a K3 visa is already in process when the I-130/CR1 visa petitin/application arrives from the NVC at the Embassy, the applicant can choose to move forward with the K3 or switch to the CR1. It also states that K3s are to be processed rapidly, because their purpose IS to reunify families pending immigration visa processing and approval.

I think you are engaging in some convenient and creative misinterpretation. Let me boil it down for you by taking out the parts that don't apply to your case. "If the I-130 petition is at post, that applicant must proceed with IR1 process and may not choose to apply instead for the K3." That's the assertion I firmly made probably in another thread. The parts I removed from the sentence don't apply to your case.

Remember, it really doesn't matter at this stage what you think about how the Consulate has handled your case. The bottom line will be their judgment as to whether your relationship is bona fide. You must clear that hurdle to obtain either visa. Apparently, you've done all you can on that score and must simply wait and see what their decision is. All your other concerns will be rendered moot whether the outcome is positive or negative. If the outcome is possitive, you can expect the CR1 visa, a far better outcome than the K3 anyway.

If the I-130 petition remains at or is in transit from NVC, or the applicant has already commenced K3 application (by returning Packet 3 forms) when the I-130 petition arrives at post, he/she may continue to process the K3 rather than switch to IR1 processing. K3 applicants may opt at any time to process as IR1s rather than continue the K3 application.

We'd already returned our K3 application and had a K3 interview scheduled when the CRI arrived at the Embassy.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What expert? Can you refer me to the rule, law, regulation, or expert you are obtaining this information from? Because I'm relaying information straight from the NCV and Embassy, and if it's not from them, I quote the law or state that it is my opinion. I will find the post where you say you are an "immigration expert" and repost it. Good evening.

Relax Verde...The advice offered by others here is spot on, particularly the info provided by pushbrk. You need to step back, evaluate and re-engage. The cycle of questions, response, followed by challenge and attack needs to end.

If you are not satisfied with the responses from Visa Journey, well, we understand that and suggest you seek guidance elsewhere. That said, please stop attacking the members that are trying to help you....

Thanks,

William, VJ Moderation.

You aren't posting to members who attack me. Many members have made rude and inappropriate comments in no way intended to help, but only to insult me - yet you ignore their comments and send this to me. Can you tell me why that is?

Edited by verde

PUSHBRK:

If the I-130 petition remains at or is in transit from NVC, or the applicant has already commenced K3 application (by returning Packet 3 forms) when the I-130 petition arrives at post, he/she may continue to process the K3 rather than switch to IR1 processing. K3 applicants may opt at any time to process as IR1s rather than continue the K3 application.

We'd already returned our K3 application and had a K3 interview scheduled when the CRI arrived at the Embassy.

What you are saying applies to my case does not apply, because the K3/I129 arrived at the Embassy BEFORE the CRI/I130 and we had already commenced the K3 process when the I130 was in transit and eventually arrived at the Embassy on the DAY OF our K3 interview.

It's okay to be wrong, you know.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Here's the link with regard to CR1 issuance when I-130 is on station. Note the telegram to Consulates refers to IR1 but the same rules apply to CR1 as the only distinction is the duration of the marriage prior to interview.

If the I-130 petition is at post, or the applicant has already been interviewed and denied the IR1 by a consular officer, perhaps due to lack of the I-864 AOS, that applicant must proceed with IR1 processing and may not choose to apply instead for the K3

"If the I-130 petition remains at or is in transit from NVC, or the applicant has already commenced K3 application (by returning Packet 3 forms) when the I-130 petition arrives at post, he/she may continue to process the K3 rather than switch to IR1 processing. K3 applicants may opt at any time to process as IR1s rather than continue the K3 application."

Thanks, this is great information. It actually supports almost everything I have been claiming. It states that an interview with a consular officer is not required for a non-immigrant (k3) visa. It states that I-864s are NOT required for a K3 petition, and that even I-134s are not required but can be requested at Embassy discretion. It also states that if a K3 visa is already in process when the I-130/CR1 visa petitin/application arrives from the NVC at the Embassy, the applicant can choose to move forward with the K3 or switch to the CR1. It also states that K3s are to be processed rapidly, because their purpose IS to reunify families pending immigration visa processing and approval.

I think you are engaging in some convenient and creative misinterpretation. Let me boil it down for you by taking out the parts that don't apply to your case. "If the I-130 petition is at post, that applicant must proceed with IR1 process and may not choose to apply instead for the K3." That's the assertion I firmly made probably in another thread. The parts I removed from the sentence don't apply to your case.

Remember, it really doesn't matter at this stage what you think about how the Consulate has handled your case. The bottom line will be their judgment as to whether your relationship is bona fide. You must clear that hurdle to obtain either visa. Apparently, you've done all you can on that score and must simply wait and see what their decision is. All your other concerns will be rendered moot whether the outcome is positive or negative. If the outcome is possitive, you can expect the CR1 visa, a far better outcome than the K3 anyway.

I know that. The portion I quoted supercedes the portion you are quoting because "commencing K3 application" is something you do when you walk into the Consulate with the visa application. Don't confuse petitioning or even an interview appointment with "applying for a visa". Think in these terms. Where was the K3 visa application at the moment the I-130 arrived on station? It was in your husband's possession. So, he had not yet commenced a K3 application. Sometimes the devil is in the details. It doesn't matter how we interpret these policies though. What matters is how they are implemented by the applicable IV unit abroad.

For the record there were two DS 230's (the actual visa application) in play the morning your husband left for the interview. One was with your husband and the other was already in the IV unit, having been forwarded by NVC in connection with your I-130/CR1 visa case.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Relax Verde...The advice offered by others here is spot on, particularly the info provided by pushbrk. You need to step back, evaluate and re-engage. The cycle of questions, response, followed by challenge and attack needs to end.

If you are not satisfied with the responses from Visa Journey, well, we understand that and suggest you seek guidance elsewhere. That said, please stop attacking the members that are trying to help you....

Thanks,

William, VJ Moderation.

You aren't posting to members who attack me. Many members have made rude and inappropriate comments in no way intended to help, but only to insult me - yet you ignore their comments and send this to me. Can you tell me why that is?

:rolleyes: Puhleaze, relax girl. I read the entire thread and fail to see where this "insulting" towards you took place, yet can find many instances of you b1tching at people who are giving you their time and knowledge (specially pushbrk, whom I do not personally adore, but he knows his ####### very well). You have been told in I don't know how many different ways that you have to wait and be patient. And you get pissed off, #######. Your questions have been answered multiple times like TBoneX said. Just because you do not like the answers, that does not mean they are going to change.

Plus, if you think you know everything.... why ask for help in the first place? No one likes a whiner. No one. Specially when we have people who have waited for years -yes, years- for even an I-129 approval let alone an interview, and they conduct themselves with dignity instead of plaguing the boards with indignation and tears. Your attitude will not help you on VJ.

I know that. The portion I quoted supercedes the portion you are quoting because "commencing K3 application" is something you do when you walk into the Consulate with the visa application. Don't confuse petitioning or even an interview appointment with "applying for a visa". Think in these terms. Where was the K3 visa application at the moment the I-130 arrived on station? It was in your husband's possession. So, he had not yet commenced a K3 application. Sometimes the devil is in the details. It doesn't matter how we interpret these policies though. What matters is how they are implemented by the applicable IV unit abroad.

For the record there were two DS 230's (the actual visa application) in play the morning your husband left for the interview. One was with your husband and the other was already in the IV unit, having been forwarded by NVC in connection with your I-130/CR1 visa case.

Nope, the CRI/I130 arrived at the Embassy and was documented as arriving AFTER our K3 interview had already taken place. Read this carefully: If the I-130 petition remains at or is in transit from NVC, or the applicant has already commenced K3 application (by returning Packet 3 forms) when the I-130 petition arrives at post, he/she may continue to process the K3 rather than switch to IR1 processing. K3 applicants may opt at any time to process as IR1s rather than continue the K3 application. We'd already commenced the K3 application by returning the forms when the CR1 arrived at the post - they had our medical exams, my I-134, and various K3 documents from the packet in their possession, and had already issued the blue sheet when the CR1 arrived at the Embassy. Our K3 interview was OVER when we found out later from the NVC that our CR1 had arrived the afternoon or our morning K3 interview. Jeez. Why can't you just admit that you made an error here? There's nothing wrong with it -we all do it - we're human.

Edited by verde

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Just because you do not like the answers, that does not mean they are going to changeyou have to keep making multiple threads on the same tiring subject.

Fixxored.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

AHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It never ends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Nope, the CRI/I130 arrived at the Embassy and was documented as arriving AFTER our K3 interview had already taken place. Read this carefully: If the I-130 petition remains at or is in transit from NVC, or the applicant has already commenced K3 application (by returning Packet 3 forms) when the I-130 petition arrives at post, he/she may continue to process the K3 rather than switch to IR1 processing. K3 applicants may opt at any time to process as IR1s rather than continue the K3 application. We'd already commenced the K3 application by returning the forms when the CR1 arrived at the post - they had our medical exams, my I-134, and various K3 documents from the packet in their possession, and had already issued the blue sheet when the CR1 arrived at the Embassy. Our K3 interview was OVER when we found out later from the NVC that our CR1 had arrived the afternoon or our morning K3 interview. Jeez. Why can't you just admit that you made an error here? There's nothing wrong with it -we all do it - we're human.

There's that combative stance again. You've started so many threads and so many arguments, I suppose I incorrrectly recalled one detail. I was under the impression your I-130 arrived before the K3 interview occurred. If not, then you are correct, you would appear to have the choice to proceed with the K3 visa. However, I haven't a clue why you would want to or how any of this discussion will change the upcoming decision by the Consulate's IV unit. They are still going to make the decision based on their judgment of the bona fides. When they do, you'll know whether there's a need to do anything other than plan your husband's travel to the USA.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Nope, the CRI/I130 arrived at the Embassy and was documented as arriving AFTER our K3 interview had already taken place. Read this carefully: If the I-130 petition remains at or is in transit from NVC, or the applicant has already commenced K3 application (by returning Packet 3 forms) when the I-130 petition arrives at post, he/she may continue to process the K3 rather than switch to IR1 processing. K3 applicants may opt at any time to process as IR1s rather than continue the K3 application. We'd already commenced the K3 application by returning the forms when the CR1 arrived at the post - they had our medical exams, my I-134, and various K3 documents from the packet in their possession, and had already issued the blue sheet when the CR1 arrived at the Embassy. Jeez. Why can't you just admit that you made an error here? There's nothing wrong with it -we all do it - we're human.

It's not ending because Pushbrk has to be right about everything, and not just with me. Check his posts with other people. He called himself an immigration expert, and constantly insists that he is right, arguing semantics until the cows come home. I know how to interpret the law - it's my job - but he's the one who is arguing, not me, I am only responding. If anyone would bother actually reading the content, they'd see what was happening. But anyway, I won't waste my time with him anymore. It's not worth it.

It's not ending because Pushbrk has to be right about everything, and not just with me. Check his posts with other people. He called himself an immigration expert, and constantly insists that he is right, arguing semantics until the cows come home. I know how to interpret the law - it's my job - but he's the one who is arguing, not me, I am only responding. If anyone would bother actually reading the content, they'd see what was happening. But anyway, I won't waste my time with him anymore. It's not worth it.

Pot meet kettle. If you don't care what he says, stop responding. Now, there's an idea. :idea:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
you would appear to have the choice to proceed with the K3 visa. However, I haven't a clue why you would want to

Word.

None of us have figured out quite yet why she continues to push for the K-3 when the CR1 is at the same door step. I guess the extra expense and headache of adjusting status is a worthy goal. :wacko:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm going to take a stab in the dark on this one, from the little I have read the OP is assertaining that the K3 should have been in play on the day of the interview and not the CR1. Therefore the I-864 which was requested and unavailable (as they thought they were interviewing for the K3) should not have been requested.

I also don't think it's helpful to keep rehashing all this stuff. If the case is as I have described above, then you are truly wasting your time as very few are reading the details that you have stated over and over.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Verde ~

In no more than 2 sentences, 3 tops, please explain to me what kind of help it is that you need so that I can understand how to respond to you.

If the help that you were seeking has been found, please let us know. I don't think anyone really knows what it is you're trying to get out of these numerous threads.

If all is said and done, MODS please close this thread. I beg of you.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

I'm going to take a stab in the dark on this one, from the little I have read the OP is assertaining that the K3 should have been in play on the day of the interview and not the CR1. Therefore the I-864 which was requested and unavailable (as they thought they were interviewing for the K3) should not have been requested.

I also don't think it's helpful to keep rehashing all this stuff. If the case is as I have described above, then you are truly wasting your time as very few are reading the details that you have stated over and over.

You got it exactly. Thanks. That was my whole point. BTW, I made up with Pushbrk in private messages and this dispute is settled. When you are in a lot of pain, and in a helpless situation, and feel misunderstood, and under attack, it's hard. I know I over reacted, but in my job you have to keep fighting, particularly when you know you are right - and you have to make sure the rules, regulations, and law are interpreted fairly and applied consistently. So I have an obsession about that. There's nothing worse than having a judge make a decision without reviewing the file, and that's basically what the OC did to us. But you got my point. So thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.