ioukta

Has anyone here refused to get vaccinated

148 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
"Prevention" meaning take care of yourself so that your body can defend itself. That's what it's equipped to do, you know.

Everybody's gene pool isn't A plus, you know?

Are you telling me that if a person gets sick, and the body can't naturally defend against the sickness, then you just go to the mat?

I am saying people should do what they feel is best for them. Once again, if I had believed the hype and not trusted my body I would have never met my future wife. And isn't that why we are all here?

I'm having a hard time following you.

Are you saying that you weren't afraid of disease and that's why you went to Africa? And that's how you met your future wife?

You understand that in her country there is a massive effort to inoculate the population? And that's probably one reason you don't have to be afraid of disease?

I just think you have your cart and your horse backwards. That's all.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Which small pox or polio?

I had heard they were going to destroy the stocks of small pox to minimize bioterrorism.

Small pox.

US service persons still receive the vaccine before deploying to the Middle East.

Hahaha, When I enlisted in the Navy the corpsmen at basic treated us like pin cushions. No one ever got sick, just a few ppl felt ill for a few days after. Now the food at the galley.....no one should have to eat some of that stuff.

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Vaccine arguments aside, here are some posts from a person who recently had an I-601 waiver for vaccines approved on another forum:

http://immigrate2us.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50099

http://immigrate2us.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50100

This was in London, I believe.

I also think it's important to note that many consulates don't require vaccines for K1s until after arriving in the US.

Long story short, we have a complicated case. We've been at this for nearly 5 years. You can read our story here. I highly recommend our attorney Laurel Scott, as well as attorneys Laura Fernandez and Lizz Cannon .

Filed I-130 via CSC in Feb 2008. Petition approved June 2008. Consular interview in Mexico, Oct 2008, visa denied, INA 212a6cii. We allege improper application of the law in this case.

2012, started over in Seoul: I-130 filed DCF on 7/2, I-130 approved 8/8, Medical at Yonsei Severance 11/20, IR1 appointment in November 2012.

CRBA filed 1-3-13 at Seoul for our daughter

4MLHm5.pngCzLqp9.png

You can find me at

Immigrate2us.net as Los G :)

"Prevention" meaning take care of yourself so that your body can defend itself. That's what it's equipped to do, you know.

Are you telling me that if a person gets sick, and the body can't naturally defend against the sickness, then you just go to the mat?

I am saying people should do what they feel is best for them. Once again, if I had believed the hype and not trusted my body I would have never met my future wife. And isn't that why we are all here?

Are you saying that you weren't afraid of disease and that's why you went to Africa? And that's how you met your future wife?

You understand that in her country there is a massive effort to inoculate the population? And that's probably one reason you don't have to be afraid of disease?

RJ, you can lead a mule to water, but you cant make him drink :devil:

Vaccine arguments aside, here are some posts from a person who recently had an I-601 waiver for vaccines approved on another forum:

http://immigrate2us.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50099

http://immigrate2us.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50100

This was in London, I believe.

I also think it's important to note that many consulates don't require vaccines for K1s until after arriving in the US.

That's right, many consulates don't. Technically none of them should because it is NOT a requirement for a non-immigrant visa that the alien be vaccinated. London did not use to require it.

It would be interesting to note in the cases referenced above if the beneficiary's waiver will follow her to her adjustment of status, which is the technical point in immigration where vaccines are mandatory, or if she will need to file another waiver. If it works like any other 601 waiver, she should be good to go straight thru.

If a person believes that strongly against being vaccinated - that is why the waiver is in place. I won't fault a person for their religious convictions in this regard, no matter how personally flawed I think the logic is. Religious beliefs are religious beliefs and I'm not messing with that.

I do though take personal offense to anyone calling these medicines a 'poison'. And I take offense to it because I have seen the ravages of an 'eradicated' disease first hand.

And finally I would idly note this - I find it somewhat comical that the case referenced from immigrate2us.net is that of a British female. I've never seen any class of citizens more adverse to taking jabs and moaning about it in regards to their immigration. And God forbid anybody want to see their 'bits' for the medical! The phrase 'stiff upper lip' seems to go straight out the window when it comes to having a shot.

Edited by rebeccajo

I'm strongly against vaccinations, not for religious reasons, but for health reasons alone, and so is my wife.

When I had to take my medical in the US, I expressed my point of view to the physician who performed it. A reasonable and very experienced man, he said that it would be at the doctor's discretion which vaccinations would be required, not the last based on my age (49 at the time). Refusing them outright would require a waiver, and that--so he stated--would delay my AOS considerably.

Since I didn't want to delay my AOS, yet still refused to be used as a pin cushion, he performed tests to see what antibodies I already had in my system. As a European, I already had received many of the required vaccinations as a child, and the rest he waived, with the explanation "not necessary" (I would have to pull my old medical to recover the exact wording).

My advise to you: talk to the physician and explain your position, as I did. He might be able to accomodate you while still working within the framework required by USCIS.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

I'm strongly against vaccinations, not for religious reasons, but for health reasons alone, and so is my wife.

When I had to take my medical in the US, I expressed my point of view to the physician who performed it. A reasonable and very experienced man, he said that it would be at the doctor's discretion which vaccinations would be required, not the last based on my age (49 at the time). Refusing them outright would require a waiver, and that--so he stated--would delay my AOS considerably.

Since I didn't want to delay my AOS, yet still refused to be used as a pin cushion, he performed tests to see what antibodies I already had in my system. As a European, I already had received many of the required vaccinations as a child, and the rest he waived, with the explanation "not necessary" (I would have to pull my old medical to recover the exact wording).

My advise to you: talk to the physician and explain your position, as I did. He might be able to accomodate you while still working within the framework required by USCIS.

It's called a titre test.

And it's an excellent idea.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Right, but a titer will only be positive (indicate that you do not need a vaccine) if you either (1) had the vaccine at an earlier age or (2) were exposed to the disease and your immune system successfully made antibodies for it. Titers only make sense if you are unable to document past vaccination and do not want another vaccination for something you've already received.

But its still a pretty good recommendation as I suspect most people were vaccinated as children regardless of the current positions about vaccines.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

What disease are you talking about? I'm saying we in the West have been exposed to all types of negative propaganda about everywhere in Africa, whether it be disease, war, hunger, zombies, etc, etc.

I am saying before I went to Africa for the first time I was not afraid of catching any type of disease and was not afraid of anything else I'd experience. If I would have fell for the hype (like many people do), then I would have never gone there. Thus, I would have never met my fiancee.

My first trip was because I wanted to visit Africa - period. Had nothing to do with proving I wasn't afraid of anything. Had nothing to do with carts and horses.

Edited by Mr. K

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Mr K -

I hope you don't think I reacted the way I did to your 'poison' comment because I've some 'boogie-man' complex with persons from Africa or the region itself.

Haven't all the greatest plagues in history been in Europe?

My reaction was really based on the perception that people who do not believe in vaccinations are somehow "hilarious." After all, we are only doing what we think is best based on what we know, just as those who promote vaccinations do it based on what they know.

The other stuff that has come up about the continent, in my opinion, is due to people relying on negative propaganda and "Lies, dang lies, and statistics".

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I don't believe in vaccines either I keep an upside bottle buried in my front garden. Its full of my urine, finger nail clippings, and of course the magic ingredient my hair!

All kidding aside, I'm 100% for people making their own decisions about vaccines etc. But remember for a vaccine to be effective a certain percentage of the population has to be vaccinated.

For instance with H1N1 the magic number is 70%.

I'll always get airborne etc. vaccines (on the fence about H1N1 - though I hope my wife gets it), but I'll think twice about vaccines that relate to risk through behavior decisions...especially if I don't make those types of decisions.

Edited by Sousuke

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.