ioukta

Has anyone here refused to get vaccinated

148 posts in this topic

I guess all that's left to say is "Good luck with the waiver?"

I think you'll need it.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
in britain, in 2009, where children are routinely immunized, their life expectancy is 20 years higher than in ghana where there are severe shortages of childhood vaccinations in many parts of the country.

Where'd you get those stats? WHO? As long as I can help it, I (nor my wife and children) will never take any vaccinations wherever I live, and I will live in Ghana at some time.. a place I have visited for extended periods, never taken any of the "required" meds or vaccinations, and stayed healthy.

Edited by Mr. K

Filed: Other Timeline
Ok. I understand, and I respect your position. Just realize that not everyone shares the same opinion, and for them (us) it's makes all the sense in the world.

That's because you live in a society that is free from the scourge of these diseases BECAUSE of the vaccine.

Because it isn't right before your eyes, you think it doesn't affect you and it can't affect you.

You can go right ahead and have your position. But it's wrong. Dead wrong.

Filed: Timeline
in britain, in 2009, where children are routinely immunized, their life expectancy is 20 years higher than in ghana where there are severe shortages of childhood vaccinations in many parts of the country.

Where'd you get those stats? WHO? As long as I can helop it, I will never take any vaccinations whereever I live, and I will live in Ghana at some time.. a place I have visited for extended periods, never taken any of the "required" meds or vaccinations, and stayed healthy.

:rolleyes: Seriously, shut up. If you want to discuss vaccinations, open another thread. this is an immigration question; and it has been answered. The OP will very likely be denied, and will need a waiver. Best of luck.

Where'd you get those stats? WHO? As long as I can help it, I (nor my wife and children) will never take any vaccinations wherever I live, and I will live in Ghana at some time.. a place I have visited for extended periods, never taken any of the "required" meds or vaccinations, and stayed healthy.

Your parents never had you inoculated?

You only need one polio vaccine in your life to stay clear of the disease.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I think from the USCIS and US Govt. point of view it is not a matter or persecution of religion as it is a matter or protecting the citizens of the USA from diseases brought from other countries... If you think about it like the customs at the airport, you cannot bring in seeds or meat for protection of our food sources from introduced sicknesses... so goes for the US population. Granted, USC can travel elsewhere and pick up viruses and such but the majority of Americans have been vaccinated. They require vaccinations to attend school, not because they do not want that child to get sick, but to protect all the other children who are attending public school.

Immigration is a right, not a privledge and as with every privledge, there are rules... These rules are not to make sure that the immigrant does not get sick, but to try to protect the rest of the population from illness...

Looking at the OP's case from this point of view, if you are requesting to come live in the USA and you do not comply with the rules, then they US has the right to say no on behalf of the rest of the US population they are trying to protect. You can fill out a waiver but they still have the right to decide yes or no, and that is not something that one person can do in the spur of the moment...

It is not my business to say whether the immunizations are poison or not, however you do have the choice not to accept them, but as with every choice, there are consequences... The consequence you must deal with is being denied a visa or not being allowed to stay in the US.

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Here you go, Mr. K -

Last Updated- Feb 3, 2009 16:22

Ghana records new polio cases

Ghana has recorded eight cases of wild polio after successfully recording no case for three continuous years, thus disrupting efforts made towards declaring Ghana and the African continent polio free by the World Health Organisation (WHO).

The cases, all imported from Benin, were detected in the eastern part of the Northern Region, during last year’s national immunisation exercise.

Speaking to the Ghana News Agency, Dr Kwadwo Antwi-Agyei, Programme Manager for the Expanded Programme on Immunisation of the Ghana Health Service, described the eight confirmed cases as paralysis in children, which were being managed clinically since there was no treatment for the disease.

He said the specimen were confirmed positive after being sent to South Africa for further sequencing to determine the source of the polio virus after the Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research had done some analysis.

“There is no drug for diseases caused by the virus, therefore, what we need is prevention and this should be a coordinated effort, involving our neighbouring countries and the continent as a whole.

“If we in Ghana put in our interventions and other countries around us do not, then we always experience imported cases, he stated.”

In Africa, Ghana, Mali, Benin, Nigeria and Burkina Faso are the only countries recording wild polio cases.

http://ghanabusinessnews.com/2009/02/03/gh...ses/#commenting

Timeline

I'm really not sure. I would think that I have had at least one vaccination in my life though. If I did, it was so long ago that I don't remember.

I'm really not sure. I would think that I have had at least one vaccination in my life though. If I did, it was so long ago that I don't remember.

It would have been when you were around four years old. So of course you wouldn't remember. And that's why you can't catch the disease now.

I erred earlier when I stated only one inoculation is required. This is the typical dosing:

Most children get 4 doses of polio vaccine on this schedule:

* First dose when they are 2 months old.

* Second dose when they are 4 months old.

* Third dose when they are 6 to 18 months old.

* Last dose when they are 4 to 6 years old.

Edited by rebeccajo

Timeline
Here you go, Mr. K -

Ghana has recorded eight cases of wild polio after successfully recording no case for three continuous years, thus disrupting efforts made towards declaring Ghana and the African continent polio free by the World Health Organisation (WHO).

The cases, all imported from Benin, were detected in the eastern part of the Northern Region, during last year’s national immunisation exercise.

Speaking to the Ghana News Agency, Dr Kwadwo Antwi-Agyei, Programme Manager for the Expanded Programme on Immunisation of the Ghana Health Service, described the eight confirmed cases as paralysis in children, which were being managed clinically since there was no treatment for the disease.

He said the specimen were confirmed positive after being sent to South Africa for further sequencing to determine the source of the polio virus after the Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research had done some analysis.

“There is no drug for diseases caused by the virus, therefore, what we need is prevention and this should be a coordinated effort, involving our neighbouring countries and the continent as a whole.

“If we in Ghana put in our interventions and other countries around us do not, then we always experience imported cases, he stated.”

In Africa, Ghana, Mali, Benin, Nigeria and Burkina Faso are the only countries recording wild polio cases.

Well, I have seen all types of statistics and horror stories about places in Africa. I'm not fazed though. I listen, but I am not fazed. Prevention is the best medicine. If I believed the hype, I would never have met my future wife.... because I would have never gone.

What do you think can prevent polio?

This guy contracted it - and he wasn't exactly living in the jungle when it happened:

In 1921, outbreaks of poliomyelitis plagued America. That summer, a young politician named Franklin Delano Roosevelt was vacationing with his family at their Campobello estate. After an exhausting day fighting a local forest fire, taking a cold swim for relief, and then lounging in his wet swimsuit at home, he went to bed feeling as though he had contracted a cold. In a few days Roosevelt found out he had polio.

As it did with Roosevelt, polio can strike quickly. The virus enters the body by nose or mouth and travels to the intestines, where it incubates. A few days later, most patients are either asymptomatic or they experience flu-like symptoms, such as headache, nausea, vomiting, and fever. Whether they are symptomatic or not, people at this stage can pass the disease on to others. Polio can be spread through contact with infected feces or through infected droplets traveling through the air, in food, or in water. The virus next enters the bloodstream, and the patient makes antibodies against it. In most cases, this stops the progression of the virus; lifelong immunity against the disease is acquired. 10% of infected people develop symptoms and 1% develop the paralytic form of polio.

Roosevelt was one of the unlucky ones. His legs were left permanently paralyzed. In cases such as his, the virus reaches the brain and spinal cord where it multiplies and destroys the nerve tissue. At this point the disease becomes spinal or bulbar (involving the last four or five cranial nerves), depending on which nerves are affected. Both forms are characterized by muscle pain, stiff neck and back, and possible paralysis. The spinal form affects the limbs. The bulbar form affects the lungs so that patients cannot breathe. After a severe attack of polio in its paralytic form, there is no treatment for the disease itself, although symptoms such as muscular paralysis can be helped with physical therapy. How much a person will recover varies from individual to individual.

http://www.accessexcellence.org/AE/AEC/CC/polio.php

Edited by rebeccajo

Here you go, Mr. K -

Well, I have seen all types of statistics and horror stories about places in Africa. I'm not fazed though. I listen, but I am not fazed. Prevention is the best medicine. If I believed the hype, I would never have met my future wife.... because I would have never gone.

prevention is the best medicine, yet yr anti-vaccine?

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.