ioukta

Has anyone here refused to get vaccinated

148 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
What do you think can prevent polio?

Rebeccajo,

You're wasting your time. I hope Mr.K or any of his family have to deal with Polio. I am sorry your mother has had to struggle with this horrible affliction. Mr.K's apathetic stance is of great ignorance.

It has been my experience as a health care worker that families of disease victims tend to understand their loved ones pathologies more then some health care professionals do.

All vaccinations run risks, but usually they are calculated and the good outweighs the bad. Polio was a huge epidemic and was considered a great victory when the medical communities contained it. For Mr.K not to have his children inoculated is irresponsible at the very least. But they are his children and I hope that he never has to deal with a child or family member get sick with polio. It is truly a horrible disease.

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as well, i don't think anyone is trying to portray africa as a "scary place". i've met several physicians who have traveled there many times to provide free, voluntary medical care and they're not scared of the place. just saddened that so much of the continent has been underserved medically, and they think it's flat out wrong that children are still dying there of diseases that have been eradicated from everywhere else on the planet.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Here you go, Mr. K -

Last Updated- Feb 3, 2009 16:22

Ghana records new polio cases

Ghana has recorded eight cases of wild polio after successfully recording no case for three continuous years, thus disrupting efforts made towards declaring Ghana and the African continent polio free by the World Health Organisation (WHO).

The cases, all imported from Benin, were detected in the eastern part of the Northern Region, during last year’s national immunisation exercise.

Speaking to the Ghana News Agency, Dr Kwadwo Antwi-Agyei, Programme Manager for the Expanded Programme on Immunisation of the Ghana Health Service, described the eight confirmed cases as paralysis in children, which were being managed clinically since there was no treatment for the disease.

He said the specimen were confirmed positive after being sent to South Africa for further sequencing to determine the source of the polio virus after the Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research had done some analysis.

“There is no drug for diseases caused by the virus, therefore, what we need is prevention and this should be a coordinated effort, involving our neighbouring countries and the continent as a whole.

“If we in Ghana put in our interventions and other countries around us do not, then we always experience imported cases, he stated.”

In Africa, Ghana, Mali, Benin, Nigeria and Burkina Faso are the only countries recording wild polio cases.

http://ghanabusinessnews.com/2009/02/03/gh...ses/#commenting

Well, I have seen all types of statistics and horror stories about places in Africa. I'm not fazed though. I listen, but I am not fazed. Prevention is the best medicine. If I believed the hype, I would never have met my future wife.... because I would have never gone.

prevention is the best medicine, yet yr anti-vaccine?

"Prevention" meaning take care of yourself so that your body can defend itself. That's what it's equipped to do, you know.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
What do you think can prevent polio?

Rebeccajo,

You're wasting your time. I hope Mr.K or any of his family have to deal with Polio. I am sorry your mother has had to struggle with this horrible affliction. Mr.K's apathetic stance is of great ignorance.

It has been my experience as a health care worker that families of disease victims tend to understand their loved ones pathologies more then some health care professionals do.

All vaccinations run risks, but usually they are calculated and the good outweighs the bad. Polio was a huge epidemic and was considered a great victory when the medical communities contained it. For Mr.K not to have his children inoculated is irresponsible at the very least. But they are his children and I hope that he never has to deal with a child or family member get sick with polio. It is truly a horrible disease.

*NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH POLIO* sorry

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Filed: Other Timeline
"Prevention" meaning take care of yourself so that your body can defend itself. That's what it's equipped to do, you know.

Everybody's gene pool isn't A plus, you know?

Are you telling me that if a person gets sick, and the body can't naturally defend against the sickness, then you just go to the mat?

Timeline
in britain, in 2009, where children are routinely immunized, their life expectancy is 20 years higher than in ghana where there are severe shortages of childhood vaccinations in many parts of the country.

Where'd you get those stats? WHO? As long as I can help it, I (nor my wife and children) will never take any vaccinations wherever I live, and I will live in Ghana at some time.. a place I have visited for extended periods, never taken any of the "required" meds or vaccinations, and stayed healthy.

Your parents never had you inoculated?

You only need one polio vaccine in your life to stay clear of the disease.

I'm really not sure. I would think that I have had at least one vaccination in my life though. If I did, it was so long ago that I don't remember.

It would have been when you were around four years old. So of course you wouldn't remember. And that's why you can't catch the disease now.

I erred earlier when I stated only one inoculation is required. This is the typical dosing:

Most children get 4 doses of polio vaccine on this schedule:

* First dose when they are 2 months old.

* Second dose when they are 4 months old.

* Third dose when they are 6 to 18 months old.

* Last dose when they are 4 to 6 years old.

There is no guarantee that I would have had polio had I not taken the vaccine, if I took the vaccine.

Here you go, Mr. K -

Last Updated- Feb 3, 2009 16:22

Ghana records new polio cases

Ghana has recorded eight cases of wild polio after successfully recording no case for three continuous years, thus disrupting efforts made towards declaring Ghana and the African continent polio free by the World Health Organisation (WHO).

The cases, all imported from Benin, were detected in the eastern part of the Northern Region, during last year’s national immunisation exercise.

Speaking to the Ghana News Agency, Dr Kwadwo Antwi-Agyei, Programme Manager for the Expanded Programme on Immunisation of the Ghana Health Service, described the eight confirmed cases as paralysis in children, which were being managed clinically since there was no treatment for the disease.

He said the specimen were confirmed positive after being sent to South Africa for further sequencing to determine the source of the polio virus after the Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research had done some analysis.

“There is no drug for diseases caused by the virus, therefore, what we need is prevention and this should be a coordinated effort, involving our neighbouring countries and the continent as a whole.

“If we in Ghana put in our interventions and other countries around us do not, then we always experience imported cases, he stated.”

In Africa, Ghana, Mali, Benin, Nigeria and Burkina Faso are the only countries recording wild polio cases.

http://ghanabusinessnews.com/2009/02/03/gh...ses/#commenting

Well, I have seen all types of statistics and horror stories about places in Africa. I'm not fazed though. I listen, but I am not fazed. Prevention is the best medicine. If I believed the hype, I would never have met my future wife.... because I would have never gone.

prevention is the best medicine, yet yr anti-vaccine?

pathogens smaller than human beings can even fathom have been getting the better of us since the very beginning of human existence. and they have shown no sign whatsoever of slowing down until vaccines came along.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

Timeline

Everybody's gene pool isn't A plus, you know?

Are you telling me that if a person gets sick, and the body can't naturally defend against the sickness, then you just go to the mat?

I am saying people should do what they feel is best for them. Once again, if I had believed the hype and not trusted my body I would have never met my future wife. And isn't that why we are all here?

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Actually polio is on its way to being extinct. I imagine that in another decade they won't give out polio vaccines like what they did with smallpox. (I was born shortly after smallpox was eradicated hence I don't have the vaccine in my system.)

Edited by Sousuke

Actually polio is on its way to being extinct.

right, through vaccination. not because human bodies have suddenly become "equipped to deal with it". they never have and they never will.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Actually polio is on its way to being extinct.

right, through vaccination. not because human bodies have suddenly become "equipped to deal with it". they never have and they never will.

Through a global vaccination campaign by the WHO.

Edited by Sousuke

Filed: Other Timeline
Actually polio is on its way to being extinct. I imagine that in another decade they won't give out polio vaccines like what they did with smallpox. (I was born shortly after smallpox was eradicated hence I don't have the vaccine in my system.)

Yet stockpiles of the vaccine remain in storage in the US and in Russia.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

while living over seas i saw so many people adults and children suffering from the effects of polio......just simple childhood injects could have saved them a life time of suffering.........never and i do mean never will i or any children i have go with out the life saving injections required to help our bodies devolve immunity to life altering or death from diseases that science has given us the ability to get rid of or at least protect ourself and those that we love from.

just my opinion

sara

while living over seas i saw so many people adults and children suffering from the effects of polio......just simple childhood injects could have saved them a life time of suffering.........never and i do mean never will i or any children i have go with out the life saving injections required to help our bodies devolve immunity to life altering or death from diseases that science has given us the ability to get rid of or at least protect ourself and those that we love from.

just my opinion

sara

a very intelligent and well thought out opinion at that sara!

india is one of the few places polio is still endemic. nigeria, pakistan and afghanistan are the other 3 countries i believe.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.