DeniseBill

Hunting deer, murderers...

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
When I came there last year, he had some rifle thing, and I threw it out. He has a bow and arrows and I broke all his arrows.

It is murder and animal cruelty and I hate it. My fiance and I had a long chat about it and I told him I WILL NOT marry a murderer. So he promised me he would not do it anymore.

Is this animal cruelty random in America? Does it happen alot? I find it horrible. It does not happen where I come from and I won't tolerate it in my household.

WOW! :blink: If I would have done that to my husband's stuff he would buy new arrows and use them on me, and I would have deserved it.

People have been hunting forever and sometimes it is a necessity to control the population. If you really feel like you cannot tolerate it and that it's a deal breaker maybe you need to reconsider marrying him.

05-02-2004 Met in Östersund, Sweden
09-07-2007 Got married in Eden Gardens State Park, Santa Rosa Beach, FL

*************************************************************************************************

AOS

11-02-2007 - Filed

03-14-2008 - Green Card received

*************************************************************************************************

Lifting of Conditions

02-08-2010 - Filed

06-21-2010 - Green Card received

N-400

06-24-2017 - N-400 package sent via EFile

06-24-2017 - Payment received via credit card

07-01-2017 - Appointment notice received

07-19-2017 - Biometrics appointment in Atlanta, GA

08-04-2017 - Case updated. Interview scheduled. 

"Whither thou goest I will go, whither thou lodgest I will lodge,
Thy people shall be my people, And thy God my God." ~ Ruth 1:16

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

His dad doesn't go out one season a year??? He does it one time a week every season of the year? And I never heard about that he has a license, he does it late at night....

And to make clear: I DO NOT care if he eats meat, that's his choice. I don't mind him thinking it is normal, I just don't want him to do it.

Edited by DeniseBill

Love is patient and kind;

it is not jealous or conceited or proud;

love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable;

love does not keep a record of wrongs;

love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth.

Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail.

Love is eternal.

inloveforeveryouandmet.jpg

TimeLine:

02-29-08: Met Online

04-26-08: Told eachother how we felt

10-24-08: Went to America

12-01-09: Engaged

01-17-09: Bought the ring

01-21-09: Back to Holland =[

03-10-09: Petition send

03-16-09: NOA1

08-11-09: NOA2!!!! Finally!!!!

08-20-09: Package 3

09-10-09: Package 3 send to Consulate

09-17-09: Package 4

10-01-09: Medical + Xray

10-13-09: Interview!!!!!! Approved!!!!!!

10-15-09: Visa Arrived!!!!

11-20-09: US Entry

01-30-10: Marriage

02-13-10: Honeymoon to South Carolina

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
His dad doesn't go out one season a year??? He does it one time a week every season of the year? And I never heard about that he has a license, he does it late at night....

And to make clear: I DO NOT care if he eats meat, that's his choice. I don't mind him thinking it is normal, I just don't want him to do it.

Slaughter houses are way worse IMO... but...

I need a real hunter to weigh in on this. I know in a park we restricted hunting to seasons, but I *think* if the population is big enough, they will open the season for several months/year-round (but you should still have a liscence I believe.). The other option is he is poaching. That's why i say figure out the local rules and your potential husband/in-law's ethics and see what you are potentially dealing with. I honestly would feel sick if I knew Ammar was hunting, but that is my honest emotions about it. I recognize the logic of it all and I would just have to compromise with him if he were responsible. If he weren't, I wouldn't have married him anyway...

Edited by julianna

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline
WOW! blink.gif If I would have done that to my husband's stuff he would buy new arrows and use them on me, and I would have deserved it.

I hope you're sarcastic about that.

Well thank you all for the reply's, I need a long time to think this all through. Good thing I still have some time.

Love is eternal.

TimeLine:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can you see the potential problems you are going to face in the future with your extended family? This is your future father-in-law and his son...and you are going to put yourself between them. I honestly think you should reconsider getting married given that you feel so strongly about it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Humans trying to personify animals. Interesting. I like deer meat.

Heck, if we start to treat all animals as humans, then everyone would've sex with animals. That is what I think.

Edited by Niels Bohr

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Timeline

Can you see the potential problems you are going to face in the future with your extended family? This is your future father-in-law and his son...and you are going to put yourself between them. I honestly think you should reconsider getting married given that you feel so strongly about it.

Well that is his decision on who is more important in his life. His dad won't give him a family. And he doesn't really like his dad anyways

Love is eternal.

TimeLine:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well that is his decision on who is more important in his life. His dad won't give him a family. And he doesn't really like his dad anyways

Oh, I'm sorry to be so opinionated here, but it sounds to me like you're walking right into a world of problems. Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Humans trying to personify animals. Interesting. I like deer meat.

Heck, if we start to treat all animals as humans, then everyone would've sex with animals. That is what I think.

you need to talk to spooky's sheep.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

You are asking him to choose between you and his family. That's not a winning situation.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Depending on what part of the country you are in, hunting may be a way of life. For instance, I live on MD's eastern shore. Once september comes along its all about hunting. Deer and waterfowl. Waterfowl hunting put this place on the map. We are loaded with geese, ducks, and way too many deer. Not known for overly large deer, but way too many. And since this is all farmland, (soybeans and corn), These deer are pretty good.

When people mention "sport" hunting they aren't just shooting the animal and leaving it, as many who are against hunting believe. They are shooting it to put food in the freezer or put a mount on the wall as well as putting food in the freezer (such as a buck).

I am one of those evil "sport" hunters. Just started back at it again last year. I guess the eastern shore lifestyle finally rubbed off onto me. I like shooting my guns and I like having a freezer full of venison. When the day comes that I get a nice buck, i'm gonna get the head mounted. Of course the rest will go into the freezer just like everyone else's. We don't just throw them away.

As far as seasons and licenses. All hunters, (perhaps with the exception of private land owners) must have licenses. Where do you think most of the money for our national parks come from? There are also different seasons for different game (animals), as well as different methods (such as bow, shotgun/rifle, muzzleloader). So yes, hunting season can last 6 month's in some areas. Even longer with special crop damage permits. Hours are generally 1/2 hour before sunrise until 1/2 hour after sunset. It is illegal to "hunt" at night. But there is no problem in waiting untill the last minute to shoot an animal and having it run off into the woods a hundred yards or so and collapsing. By the time the gear is collected and you give enough time to make sure the animal is dead you might be several hours in the woods into the night. Also to do a morning hunt, it would be best to get into your tree, if using a stand, at least an hour and a half before sunrise to give everything time to settle by "legal" hunting time. I state this because, as I said, night hunting and spotlighting is illegal! But looking for your deer at night or getting set up very early in the morning is not!

I know I can't sway any anti-sentiments toward hunting but have tried to pass on some understanding, however little. As I said, it is a way of life for many people in many parts of this country I, for one, would not tollerate anybody else telling me what to do or not in my free time. I fish, hunt, own and like shooting guns, and no body will change me.