DeniseBill

Hunting deer, murderers...

48 posts in this topic

Its called a "quick clean kill"

Deer hunting is necessity in the United States to control their populations since many of their typical predators aren't around or are in small numbers.

Although it doesn't sound that quick or clean if they're out running around trying to look for it after shooting it. :lol:

And Denise, I myself, don't like hunting at all but I grew up around hunters, family and friends. I accept that people have a right to do it and that all people unfortunately, just don't feel the same way about animals that I do. I've been in a relationship before with someone that hunted. Didn't really work out too well. We were just coming from two completely different places. I didn't really feel like it was my place to tell them he couldn't do it anymore and he felt bad for doing it because he knew how much I hated it. Your fiance does sound like he's trying to meet you halfway in this. I think you're going to have to meet him halfway as well or it might not work out.

Real love stories never have endings...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:rofl: catch deer?

not nice to laugh at ESOL.

actually, the native americans would run them down. but i can't picture anyone doing that nowadays.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Oke I really don't know who to talk to and what to do. And I might just only easing my heart by placing a topic here.

My fiance and his family, especially his dad likes hunting deer. His dad has alot of gear to be able to catch one. I find this murder and I let my fiance know how I feel about it. When I came there last year, he had some rifle thing, and I threw it out. He has a bow and arrows and I broke all his arrows.

It is murder and animal cruelty and I hate it. My fiance and I had a long chat about it and I told him I WILL NOT marry a murderer. So he promised me he would not do it anymore.

Now I called him today and I heard gunshots on the background. I asked him where the hell he was and he said he went with his dad to the woods. His dad caught a deer and they were trying to find the poor creature. I am so angry, he promised me and he just went. He said "I only promised I'm not hunting anymore" but he is not a hair better then his dad when he helps him with it. I hung up the phone and haven't talked to him since. I am mad, confused, stressed and sad. What can I do.... I don't want my children to grow up and learn that shooting animals is something random. Must I tell my fiance one more time, that I will not marry a murderer? I love him and I will give him a second chance, even though he lied to me. But I refuse to live with someone that murders animals for fun for the rest of my life. Or helps someone do it.

Is this animal cruelty random in America? Does it happen alot? I find it horrible. It does not happen where I come from and I won't tolerate it in my household.

thank you for any feedback

Very simple answer - it is not fair to ask your fiance to change himself for you. You obviously know that your fiance and his family are hunters. It is fine if you don't hunt, but attempting to make your fiance into a different person is not wise or fair to your fiance. Your choices are either: live with it, or move on. Also, there is nothing more annoying that someone who tries to force their beliefs on others.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I sure hope that "rifle thing" you threw out didn't end up in the wrong hands! Please say you didn't just throw out his rifle!

Edited by wayno

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

You should try hunting, it is very fun.

Start low: Catch a small fish, chop its head off, and throw it in a frying pan for supper. Then slowly work your way up to blowing Bambi's brains out!!!

...And don't be surprised if you fiancées pops has a shed with a wall that looks like this:

tasa-coues-deer-barn.jpg

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

If it was for the meat? Then yes I would consider it as surviving. But C'mon we live in 2009.... and his family has enough money to buy meat from the store. It's just pure for fun.

I'm a vegetarian and I don't like ppl killing animals for their own goods. But I also know that meat will always be there, and it is an endless fight without a happy ending to stop the killing of animals. But this is too close by... my new family are murderers :(

Do you think meat in a supermarket comes from suicidal cows?

You're fiancé should run away before you fully castrate him. You are murdering his soul.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Hunting and fishing are in step with a green economy and they are very organic, too. Grocery store meat is shot full of hormones. When I lived in Alaska, I hunted and fished more than I do here in Colorado, but I still get meat from friends who hunt because it's natural. If you think human hunters are murderers, you should see what a bear does to a deer.

Edited by Sofiyya

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Oke I really don't know who to talk to and what to do. And I might just only easing my heart by placing a topic here.

My fiance and his family, especially his dad likes hunting deer. His dad has alot of gear to be able to catch one. I find this murder and I let my fiance know how I feel about it. When I came there last year, he had some rifle thing, and I threw it out. He has a bow and arrows and I broke all his arrows.

It is murder and animal cruelty and I hate it. My fiance and I had a long chat about it and I told him I WILL NOT marry a murderer. So he promised me he would not do it anymore.

Now I called him today and I heard gunshots on the background. I asked him where the hell he was and he said he went with his dad to the woods. His dad caught a deer and they were trying to find the poor creature. I am so angry, he promised me and he just went. He said "I only promised I'm not hunting anymore" but he is not a hair better then his dad when he helps him with it. I hung up the phone and haven't talked to him since. I am mad, confused, stressed and sad. What can I do.... I don't want my children to grow up and learn that shooting animals is something random. Must I tell my fiance one more time, that I will not marry a murderer? I love him and I will give him a second chance, even though he lied to me. But I refuse to live with someone that murders animals for fun for the rest of my life. Or helps someone do it.

Is this animal cruelty random in America? Does it happen alot? I find it horrible. It does not happen where I come from and I won't tolerate it in my household.

thank you for any feedback

If my wife threw my guns out, she would go right out after them.

Hunting is very common in the USA and deer hunting in particular. I no longer hunt, but I used to and still own guns and shoot competitively. And it isn't that guns are more important than my wife, it is a respect thing, I would not throw out her knitting!

If you said to me ( a hunter) that you would not marry a mirderer (referring to me) I would say "have a nice life, BYE!" and would never speak or communicate with you again. Truth. It would not work. Absolute deal breaker. My wife eats meat, she knows where it comes from, she doesn't make silly, hypocritical accusations

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
If it was for the meat? Then yes I would consider it as surviving. But C'mon we live in 2009.... and his family has enough money to buy meat from the store. It's just pure for fun.

I'm a vegetarian and I don't like ppl killing animals for their own goods. But I also know that meat will always be there, and it is an endless fight without a happy ending to stop the killing of animals. But this is too close by... my new family are murderers :(

If you kill a deer and eat it...COWS rejoice. I see cows wearing signs that say "eat more deer"!

The biggest threat to wild animals is habitat destruction...farmers growing vegetables for vegetarians destroy habitat. It is silly to imagine that a person can go through life without killing animals, directly or indirectly. Trucks bringing your vegetables to the market hit deer in the road...and what?

I am quite sure your fiance's family eats the meat of the animals they kill. In fact, not to is a crime. Killing animals and not taking them and using them is universally against game laws and carries stiff penalties.

Your new family are people that eat meat, like most everyone. Your new family also has a desire to gather some of that themselves, maybe they also have their own garden for vegetables or sew their own clothes. The fact that it is 2009 does not mean we have to let some nameless faceless butcher do or killing for us so we are insulated from the real world to assuage our tender feelings. Such things are only a fantasy, a denial of reality. I'll have none of it. Your new family sounds to me like a normal family that takes some pride in doing things for themselves. What is wrong with that?

Some of my fondest memories are hunting with my father. A short time after he passed, and before I stopped hunting I was hunting with my brother in Montana. I witnessed probably the most gorgeous sunrise ever in the history of the world and I cannot decribe it with justice. But I did comment to my brother about it. He said "Yeah, aren't you glad Dad didn't teach us to GOLF!" :lol:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

I don't hunt... but I'm not 'against' hunting. I feel like, if you eat meat you can't be against hunting. How do you think we get the meat in the supermarkets or the butcher shops? It's superficial to be against hunters while eating meat that has been 'hunted' and often in a less humane way.

Raising an animal in captivity it's whole life and stuffing it full of food and hormones while it sits in a cage, and then slaughtering it... to me, is worse.

I have uncles who go hunting, and then cook and eat the meat. You might as well consider yourself a murderer for buying a burger if you're going to look at it that way. Killing animals just to kill them, and not consuming the meat, is wrong if you ask me.

Again, if you're a vegan or vegetarian or whatever, I totally get it. But anything else I think is totally hypocritical.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I don't hunt... but I'm not 'against' hunting. I feel like, if you eat meat you can't be against hunting. How do you think we get the meat in the supermarkets or the butcher shops? It's superficial to be against hunters while eating meat that has been 'hunted' and often in a less humane way.

Raising an animal in captivity it's whole life and stuffing it full of food and hormones while it sits in a cage, and then slaughtering it... to me, is worse.

I have uncles who go hunting, and then cook and eat the meat. You might as well consider yourself a murderer for buying a burger if you're going to look at it that way. Killing animals just to kill them, and not consuming the meat, is wrong if you ask me.

Again, if you're a vegan or vegetarian or whatever, I totally get it. But anything else I think is totally hypocritical.

agree..

at least deer meat is completely natural and preservative free.. and deer meat's good

Do you think meat in a supermarket comes from suicidal cows?

You're fiancé should run away before you fully castrate him. You are murdering his soul.

falling_cow.jpg

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
If it was for the meat? Then yes I would consider it as surviving. But C'mon we live in 2009.... and his family has enough money to buy meat from the store.

How is buying meat from the store any different or better? Animals still die - and probably in worse and more cruel ways.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

This is a fundamental difference between you two.

I'd suggest to never contact him again. At least you found out before you committed yourself to a marriage.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !