DeniseBill

Hunting deer, murderers...

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Oke I really don't know who to talk to and what to do. And I might just only easing my heart by placing a topic here.

My fiance and his family, especially his dad likes hunting deer. His dad has alot of gear to be able to catch one. I find this murder and I let my fiance know how I feel about it. When I came there last year, he had some rifle thing, and I threw it out. He has a bow and arrows and I broke all his arrows.

It is murder and animal cruelty and I hate it. My fiance and I had a long chat about it and I told him I WILL NOT marry a murderer. So he promised me he would not do it anymore.

Now I called him today and I heard gunshots on the background. I asked him where the hell he was and he said he went with his dad to the woods. His dad caught a deer and they were trying to find the poor creature. I am so angry, he promised me and he just went. He said "I only promised I'm not hunting anymore" but he is not a hair better then his dad when he helps him with it. I hung up the phone and haven't talked to him since. I am mad, confused, stressed and sad. What can I do.... I don't want my children to grow up and learn that shooting animals is something random. Must I tell my fiance one more time, that I will not marry a murderer? I love him and I will give him a second chance, even though he lied to me. But I refuse to live with someone that murders animals for fun for the rest of my life. Or helps someone do it.

Is this animal cruelty random in America? Does it happen alot? I find it horrible. It does not happen where I come from and I won't tolerate it in my household.

thank you for any feedback

Love is patient and kind;

it is not jealous or conceited or proud;

love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable;

love does not keep a record of wrongs;

love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth.

Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail.

Love is eternal.

inloveforeveryouandmet.jpg

TimeLine:

02-29-08: Met Online

04-26-08: Told eachother how we felt

10-24-08: Went to America

12-01-09: Engaged

01-17-09: Bought the ring

01-21-09: Back to Holland =[

03-10-09: Petition send

03-16-09: NOA1

08-11-09: NOA2!!!! Finally!!!!

08-20-09: Package 3

09-10-09: Package 3 send to Consulate

09-17-09: Package 4

10-01-09: Medical + Xray

10-13-09: Interview!!!!!! Approved!!!!!!

10-15-09: Visa Arrived!!!!

11-20-09: US Entry

01-30-10: Marriage

02-13-10: Honeymoon to South Carolina

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:rofl: catch deer? one better run real fast.

i wouldn't recommend you break things as it seems in your op that you did something to your future father in law's property - that could get you on the wrong side of the law.

and you might want to avoid this thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=226300

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

It sounds like you both have very different views about it. I don't think it's fair that you ask him to think the way you do about it. If you cannot be at peace being married to someone who doesn't see it the way you do, then maybe you should reconsider getting married?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I agree with you, Sister.

Is this animal cruelty random in America? YES and NO.

Does it happen alot?YES.

I think you should make plans now to hunt the hunters. Perhaps it's a start to end the holocaust of the slaughtering of those who cannot defend themselves.

Edited by Nagishkaw

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Just for record, I did not break his dads arrows but my fiance's arrows.

And I love him too much. I'm leaving everything behind here for him and I'm not asking him to change how he thinks but to change the things he does.

Oh and not catch it like grab it but catch it like shooting from a distance with a rifle or his crossbow (his dad)

Edited by DeniseBill

Love is eternal.

TimeLine:

Timeline
Deer hunting is necessity in the United States to control their populations since many of their typical predators aren't around or are in small numbers.

I wonder why that is?

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

im sorry u feel so against hunting.....we hunt but it is for the meat....only thing different about eating beef or what ever that u purchase at the market is the meat is fresh, has no additives in it.....and cost a lot more to get.......now if they are only trophy hunting i do have a problem with that as i have seen many deer and elk left to die because their rack was not big enough of what ever.........

seems if u feel that hunting is murder what is it that they do to cows, goats, pigs and chicken? im not trying to be rude just really im curious

sara

Timeline

If it was for the meat? Then yes I would consider it as surviving. But C'mon we live in 2009.... and his family has enough money to buy meat from the store. It's just pure for fun.

I'm a vegetarian and I don't like ppl killing animals for their own goods. But I also know that meat will always be there, and it is an endless fight without a happy ending to stop the killing of animals. But this is too close by... my new family are murderers :(

Edited by DeniseBill

Love is eternal.

TimeLine:

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Deer hunting is necessity in the United States to control their populations since many of their typical predators aren't around or are in small numbers.

I wonder why that is?

Farmers primarily killed them to protect there livestock over 100 years ago.

Denise are you anti-abortion, anti-euthanasia ?

Timeline

Are there no meant markets? Are there no grocery stores?

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Unless you are vegan, you are indirectly participating in the death of animals somehow. Hunters in the US have to have licenses (or should, it's the law) and they have seasons they are allowed to hunt in. The animals they hunt are regulated by law, and if a population is too low, it is not allowed that year. Sometimes, it's regulated by sex. In many places, hunting is necessary to get the population lower because of starvation issues for the animals themselves. We've killed most of their natural predators at this point.. in Europe it's not as much of an issue because larger game and predators were basically wiped out together. Here we have an imbalance and a growing human population that encroaches on the wild life. I know many people don't realize there are sometimes starvation issues in populations that would normally be taken care of by predation.

It does sound like you two have radically differing views. if you cannot handle his views, then I think it may be time to consider other options... because I am guessing he also eats meat, etc. IMO commercial farming is worse for the animals than hunting...

I don't like hunting and no one in my family hunts. I don't kill anything directly, even bugs. I myself don't really eat meat more than a couple of times a month, but I do have leather things. I know how the lifecycle goes though. There are responsible hunters (who kill what they need and eat it) and irresponsible/cruel hunters (sport). IMO it may be best to figure out what kind you may be marrying into and take some time to learn about responsible hunting and see if you can live with it.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

I don't see why anti abortion has anything to do with it but I'm not completely against it.... For example if the girl gets raped, has a bad desease that can go on on the kids of the child is bound to be born with disability I am not against it. I'm against it when a girl has unprotected sex (knowingly/willingly) gets pregnant and asks for abortion and respect. No I'm not against euthanasia especially when the person itself wants it. Everyone should be able to chose what happens with their lifes.

Love is eternal.

TimeLine: