Ramonbrausa

Is this a meeting proof?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello y'all.. I am new around here, and i am loving this forum, it provides so much information...now i have a couple of questions here, i haven't filed a petition yet for my fiance, she is from Brazil, and i am a naturalized US citizen originally from Cuba, and before getting my US passport, i went to Brazil a couple of times, the last one being within the last two years, but i went before as a LPR (US Legal Permanent Resident) using my Cuban passport, of course i have all the visas, immigration stamps from Brazil, which will be what the USCIS request as one of the "meeeting evidence" my question is: IS THIS GOOD ENOUGH? or i still would have to engage into another journey? this time using my US passport, yeah! i know what you all might be thinking, Wow!! a 5 years relationship? it's actually more than that, since i previously live for 5 years in Brazil after leaving Cuba, and we've been into this relationship for 9 years now, it's crazy, it sounds crazy, and we are kind of desperate now..the waiting has been too long, even when i have visited her over there and got to spent like 5 month each time, very affected economically, but it was worthy...quality time in the good ones and the bad ones...right?

Edited by Ramonbrausa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

i'm assuming you have pictures, emails, letters, phone records, etc. too??

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

They don't care whether your passport stamp is in a US or foreign passport, so go with that, ideally combined with boarding passes and/or credit card receipts from your travel to Brazil within the last two years, and maybe a photo or two.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello y'all.. I am new around here, and i am loving this forum, it provides so much information...now i have a couple of questions here, i haven't filed a petition yet for my fiance, she is from Brazil, and i am a naturalized US citizen originally from Cuba, and before getting my US passport, i went to Brazil a couple of times, the last one being within the last two years, but i went before as a LPR (US Legal Permanent Resident) using my Cuban passport, of course i have all the visas, immigration stamps from Brazil, which will be what the USCIS request as one of the "meeeting evidence" my question is: IS THIS GOOD ENOUGH? or i still would have to engage into another journey? this time using my US passport, yeah! i know what you all might be thinking, Wow!! a 5 years relationship? it's actually more than that, since i previously live for 5 years in Brazil after leaving Cuba, and we've been into this relationship for 9 years now, it's crazy, it sounds crazy, and we are kind of desperate now..the waiting has been too long, even when i have visited her over there and got to spent like 5 month each time, very affected economically, but it was worthy...quality time in the good ones and the bad ones...right?

Are you married yet? if yes you can file for CR1 visa status. If you aren't married yet you should consider Fiance visa.

JNR

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

moved from K-1 Visa Progress forum to K-1 Visa Process forum

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

just being there doesnt mean you met... you need evidence that you were together... as stated before photos

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Oh! yes, absolutely, i have all kind of photos taken during 4 years of relationship, we lived together, never married, because i knew what it was coming...my worries were wether my cuban passport with the visas/entries to Brazil were a valid proof of meeting her frequently or not! and by the way... Thanks for the ups

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Oh! yes, absolutely, i have all kind of photos taken during 4 years of relationship, we lived together, never married, because i knew what it was coming...my worries were wether my cuban passport with the visas/entries to Brazil were a valid proof of meeting her frequently or not! and by the way... Thanks for the ups

Ticket stubs... boarding passes.. credit card recpt from flight purchase w/in 2 years of petition.. they are really tight when it comes to the 2 year deal... make copies of the info page and other stamped pages of the cuban Passport as it is evidence, but needs to be accompanied with the rest,,, they dont care what country its from as long as its you... and you are a LPR

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The requirement is that you have met fact to face within the last two years... no where does it say that you have to meet face to face only if you were a USC within the last two years

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

just being there doesnt mean you met... you need evidence that you were together... as stated before photos

This is a common misconception. I would certainly include a few photographs together but they are secondary evidence of meeting.

USCIS accepts being in the beneficiary's country as sufficient evidence of meeting, pictures or not, anything else or not. Primary evidence is boarding passes, passport stamps and other paper evidence from in country, like receipts etc.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.