sara.....

some of you have asked for update on us

126 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Its time to become the biggest freaking squeakiest wheel on the face of the planet. You say you representatives are not agressive enough. Make their lives misserable until they are agressive engough. Dont stop until you get results. Call your local news and see if you can get them to do an interview. Write every one you can think of every freaking day.

Call write go see the President of the USA, You think Im kidding I am not. When our goventment gets to this point that is alll they will listen to. Put up a fit every where you go make it heard in public.

I am also one of those people that are watching this health care issue, when my problem was discovered i had NO insurance being slapped in the hospital was all out of my and my parents pocket, as a result am building funds again, having hospital with all the test and medications sucked me dry.

Funny thing you think that our health care system will be run any better thatn USCIS or NVC? you have got to be kidding me. just a thought for you. You might just die in your own home waiting for some one else to help you who may never come becasue you are in some special watch program.

lol ur right about that health care but i can dream cant i lol.

mmm i have faxed emailed sent snail mail and gone to the senator and congressman office, even faxed and called the white house, i have called the white house so much i swear one day they will send in the fbi or something to shut me up, i am not giving up and i am for sure not silent i just have to figure a way to get more attention from them lol

sara

Is it possible to cancel this process and start a new one?

we cant if we pull it we no longer qualify to send an new petition we have not seen each other in person in over two years.

sara

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

My heart is heavy for you both. I know of no answers for this outrageous situation, but wish USCIS would start providing some to you.

Stay strong.

Time Line

2007-11-10.....Marriage in Ecuador

2008-01-11.....I-130 Sent

2008-04-28.....I-130 Approved

2008-05-02.....NVC Received

2008-08-20.....Case Complete at NVC

2008-10-14.....Interview--221g, asked to present joint sponsor inspite of NVC approval

2008-11-07.....Visa due to arrive. DHL truck delivering visa was robbed, Consulate required us to present I-864s and DS-230 again, had to get a new passport and other related documents

2008-11-14.....Presented all new documents in person at Consulate, visa printed same day

2008-11-25.....POE Atlanta

2008-12-26.....Green Card and 2nd Welcome Letter arrive

2010-09-02.....Date of NOA ROC 1-751

2010-12-13.....Approval of ROC

2011-01-12.....10 year Permanent Resident card arrived

2011-12-20.....N-400 Application mailed

2011-12-29.....NOA

2012-02-02.....Walk-in biometrics (appt was for 2/16)

2012-04-17.....Interview

2012-05-18.....Naturalization Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hi, estadia. Sorry things haven't worked out. I think you mentioned it before (going home marrying - DCF). That does sound like the best thing whenever your both are ready because at least then you can wait together (I guess you'll need to take a cruise because of your heart?)

I agree that pretty much anything you do apart from something crazy like a hunger strike at the whitehouse will probably not get any results. Its too bad that they closed the loophole on filing lawsuits.

Good luck.

Edited by lancer1655

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
im so sorry sara. Is there a chance to just say forget it now and go live together?

I did a search on "special unit"s at CSC and the only info is all on H-1B visas :unsure:

(F)

Lisa

thanks, mmm no we cant just live together we are both muslim. :)

sara

I meant forget this immi process and get married and live in another country like you mentioned that he wanted to do originally.

I know it would seem more like you lost all of this time waiting, but its lost time regardless now. I know its not easy to pick up and go live somewhere else....i just noticed that was your fiance's first plan and thought maybe its time to look at that as an option. ?

(F)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

May Allah bless you....I'm so so sorry for what you're dealing with :(

http://www.petitiononline.com/create_petition.html

Let's do this....I don't know much about you and I guess I'd be considered a newbie here but maybe we can put together a basic summary of your case, then get everyone here and their mamma to sign it and have them forward it to anyone and everyone they know and make it grow. I know it's not a big dealbreaker, but if it has a lot of signatures maybe we can get someone to notice this and make it public.

Immigration laws need to change. Period.

Edited by enraptured

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Estadia, I have read about your situation a few months ago and from seeing your long visa journey I'd like to say a few things.

You are a truly strong and patient person for waiting so long and same goes to your fiance as well. It's hard to wait so long at the start of the journey and not hear any progressive updates. I'm trying to put myself in your shoes, and I'd be lying if I said I could imagine how hard it must be, because honestly emotions can get very dangerous in this waiting game. I could only imagine how frustrating it gets, but I can't imagine how my emotions would react to it if I'm not in the waiting game. Another difficult responsibility is informing your fiance and his family and trying to make them understand about this journey. Like I said, you truly are a strong and patient person, and may you continue to remain that way.

The best suggestion I would tell you and as mentioned before is, although you can't start a NEW I-129F petition, you can start a I-130 petition or do DCF from India. It's your choice though sweety. If you want to go and get married and start the petition from there. Or if you still want to hold onto that little bit of hope that you still have.

I wish you the best in everything and I really hope that there will be some good updates soon from you!

Edited by Hopeful786

ticker.png

Oh my goodness Sara-you really haven't seen Perviz in that long! I think everybody needs to start a fund to buy Sara a plane ticket!

K-1

12/23/08-Mailed I-129F (VT)

12/27/08-Package arrived (VT)

12/29/08-NOA1! Yay

07/07/09-NOA2 after 6.5 months!

07/11/09-Received hardcopy of NOA2

07/14/09-Received by NVC & got case#

07/16/09-NVC sent case to SDO

07/20/09-Case arrived as SDO

08/13/09-My honey got his packet!!!

10/05/09-Appointment-Approved but on AP :(

10/20/09-Out of AP!!!

10/24/09-Hello USA

11/21/09-Wedding

AOS

12/08/09-Mailed packet

12/10/09-Delivered

12/14/09-Check cashed

12/14/09-NOA1

12/31/09-RFE

01/13/10-Biometrics

02/04/10-Case Transferred to CSC

02/09/10-EAD approved

02/13/10-EAD received

03/05/10-I485 Approved!

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh my goodness Sara-you really haven't seen Perviz in that long! I think everybody needs to start a fund to buy Sara a plane ticket!

I can not fly because i have a leak in my heart

:(

My fiance and I were talking about this situation and how ridiculous it is that USCIS can toy with peoples' lives so easilly.

Sara, our hearts go out to you. I can't even begin to imagine how hard this must be on both of you.

<3

K-1 process:

05-05-2009: Mailed I-129F

05-15-2009: NOA1

05-20-2009: Check cashed

08-19-2009: NOA2 Email

08-24-2009: NOA2 Hardcopy

08-24-2009: NVC In

08-26-2009: NVC Out

08-28-2009: Consulate Received

09-03-2009: Packet 3 Received

09-04-2009: Packet 3 Returned (via fax)

09-04-2009: Interview date (by email)

09-08-2009: Packet 4 received

09-16-2009: Medical Appointment

09-17-2009: Interview

09-22-2009: Visa in hand

10-20-2009?: POE

10-31-2009: Legal marriage

05-22-2010: <3 Our wedding <3

Our wait is almost over <3

I'm so sorry, I did'nt know! Your story will be an epic movie after it's done!

K-1

12/23/08-Mailed I-129F (VT)

12/27/08-Package arrived (VT)

12/29/08-NOA1! Yay

07/07/09-NOA2 after 6.5 months!

07/11/09-Received hardcopy of NOA2

07/14/09-Received by NVC & got case#

07/16/09-NVC sent case to SDO

07/20/09-Case arrived as SDO

08/13/09-My honey got his packet!!!

10/05/09-Appointment-Approved but on AP :(

10/20/09-Out of AP!!!

10/24/09-Hello USA

11/21/09-Wedding

AOS

12/08/09-Mailed packet

12/10/09-Delivered

12/14/09-Check cashed

12/14/09-NOA1

12/31/09-RFE

01/13/10-Biometrics

02/04/10-Case Transferred to CSC

02/09/10-EAD approved

02/13/10-EAD received

03/05/10-I485 Approved!

event.png

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Sara,

I have been following your story for a few months and I know that it won't change anything for your situation but I think that what USCIS is doing to your couple is absolutely wrong...how come could they make you wait for 2 years and leave you be apart for such a long time??

How come they are unable to clearly let you know what is "bothering" them with your case?

You tried the media, right and nobody was interested in your story. That is just crazy..

Anyway all my toughts and my prayers are going to you and I wish you, as strong as I can, that you and your fiance can be together soon.

Ferline

Edited by Ferline

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:( damn....

Sara, since I joined VJ in January I have watched and waited for some good news for you.

I have felt your heart break with every call you've made, with every infopass appointment.

I have never once seen you take that heartache and frustration out on fellow VJ'ers

Never once have I seen you say "why did all these people who filed after me get approved and I am still waiting".

Everytime I see someone say that I think of you. You truly are a beautiful soul Sara.

I pray you find your happiness (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
:( damn....

Sara, since I joined VJ in January I have watched and waited for some good news for you.

I have felt your heart break with every call you've made, with every infopass appointment.

I have never once seen you take that heartache and frustration out on fellow VJ'ers

Never once have I seen you say "why did all these people who filed after me get approved and I am still waiting".

Everytime I see someone say that I think of you. You truly are a beautiful soul Sara.

I pray you find your happiness (F)

Couldn't have said it better myself, Sara. lovely sentiment, JAprincess.

Every time I leave a comment for you, Sara, after one of these heartbreaking disappointments you endure, I feel like a broken record telling you how sorry I am. I wish there were something I could do to help you, we all do. Your patience is humbling. Every day that I curse this process for keeping us all apart from our loved ones, I stop and think of how long you've been going through this. :(

Keep the faith.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

awe u guys are so sweet thank you, our encouraging words and prayers really help us (F)

some of u have come up with some great ideas im just not very educated on how to do some of the things as in make a petition that will work if any of u know im willing to listen

sara

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.