sara.....

some of you have asked for update on us

126 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

does it matter who "sign" it? I put it in my German Version of Facebook, and asked to help you... is that ok?

Julia

.png

2/16/08 --> finally send I-129F to CSC

7/21/08 --> touched/NOA2 email

8/09/08 --> "Pakage 3" in the mail

8/21/08 --> Medical Exam

9/19/08 --> Interview

9/26/08 --> Visa arrived

10/08/08 --> flying from Duesseldorf - JFK - Cleveland

11/08/08 --> finally married :)

12/27/08 --> AOS/EAD/AP send to Chicago

5/13/09 --> found a job and we picked out Molly (Beagle Puppy)

5/20/09 --> I485 "Card has been ordered" and again on 5/29/09

5/23/09 --> "Welcome to the United States of America"

6/2/09 --> AOS approved

6/5/09 --> GC in the mail and at night brinnging home Molly... such a great feeling :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
does it matter who "sign" it? I put it in my German Version of Facebook, and asked to help you... is that ok?

Julia

i dont know really if it matters but im sure someone will have the answer.

thank you very much for your help

sara

Let us know how the lawyer meeting goes this week! Saying a prayer for you.

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Sara, Perviz is a cardiologist from what you told me. Can he try to take the USMLE (American medical boards) in India and then try to get sponsored to work here? I'm not sure how much cardiologists are in demand, but that's definitely a high-skilled career and there quite a few foreign docs at my hospital.

Then he could come here and you could get married and try for the marriage visa and it wouldn't matter how long it would take since he'd have work authorization to stay.

I will do some research on this tonight--that is if my patients don't crash :)

:) we have started looking into it, i think that he can take the first two in delhi but the last one has to be done here in the states thats were the sticky part is. gotta have a visa to take the test but we are trying anything at this point

any and all information is greatly appreciated.

sara

Yeah, it seems right that you have to take it in the U.S. I remember reading that Perviz was denied a tourist visa to the US, right? Do you think it was because of the K1 application?

I'm sure you guys have already done a bunch of research, but here's a good sticky on doctor forum that I used to go on about foreign graduates taking USMLE and tips on it:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=248031

If he can, I think he should try to take steps 1&2 in India now while you're trying other ways to get him here through campaigns or whatever, since he has to take them anyway in order to get licensed as a doctor here.

Then you can really push to get a visa for him to come here to take the test. Maybe the US consulate would be more inviting at this point if he shows that he has already passed steps 1&2. Or maybe a children's hospital would be willing to get the paperwork done for him to be able to work here and then letting him work once he passes step 3, since steps 1&2 are more about medical school knowledge and step 3 would be his cardio specialty.

Oh, and the purposes of you two lovely people seeing each other, like someone else asked before, can you travel to Canada with your health and would he be able to get a visa to go there? It makes me a little heart sick (no pun intended!) knowing that you guys haven't seen each other in so long!

Hi Sara, I've been reading your case and my heart goes out to you.

I've been through the USMLE process, and just thought I'd chime in.

There are 3 (actually 4) Usmle exams he must take. Step 1 and Step 2 CK (which can both be done in India), then Step 2 CS which must be done in America. It is very difficult to get a date for the Step 2 CS (i had to register like 6 months in advance, and results take anywhere from 2-3 months to be released). These 3 are required to become certified by the ECFMG. Certification is required prior to starting any residency. And residency is required in order to practice medicine in America. Meaning he can't just take the exams, come here, and expect to start working right away. Apps for residency start going out Sept 1, interviews are conducted between Oct and Jan and residency begins around early July for most programs. So it will be next to impossible for him to match this year, and wont be able to start a residency until July 2011.

Step 3 is not cardio specific, it's similar to Step 2 CK, but has more to do with management of cases instead of diagnosis. Most people take Step 3 during their first year of residency, as it's not required to begin a residency. That is, unless he wants to apply for a H1B visa... in that case Step 3 prior to the residency beginning is required.

This route might be difficult anyways. I'm a US Citizen and my fiance is Pakistani citizen. She's a dentist back home. For her to practice here, she needs to take a few board exams (similar to the USMLEs). So we applied for her K1 visa in May 09 and applied for a B1 visa (so that she could take her board exams) in June. They rejected her flat-out saying that since she intends to immigrate (even though K1 is non-immigrant visa) they can't issue a B1.

I don't know how much that helped, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

05/15/09 - Sent in I-129F

05/19/09 - Received NOA1

10/08/09 - NOA2 Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Sara, I've been reading your case and my heart goes out to you.

I've been through the USMLE process, and just thought I'd chime in.

There are 3 (actually 4) Usmle exams he must take. Step 1 and Step 2 CK (which can both be done in India), then Step 2 CS which must be done in America. It is very difficult to get a date for the Step 2 CS (i had to register like 6 months in advance, and results take anywhere from 2-3 months to be released). These 3 are required to become certified by the ECFMG. Certification is required prior to starting any residency. And residency is required in order to practice medicine in America. Meaning he can't just take the exams, come here, and expect to start working right away. Apps for residency start going out Sept 1, interviews are conducted between Oct and Jan and residency begins around early July for most programs. So it will be next to impossible for him to match this year, and wont be able to start a residency until July 2011.

Step 3 is not cardio specific, it's similar to Step 2 CK, but has more to do with management of cases instead of diagnosis. Most people take Step 3 during their first year of residency, as it's not required to begin a residency. That is, unless he wants to apply for a H1B visa... in that case Step 3 prior to the residency beginning is required.

This route might be difficult anyways. I'm a US Citizen and my fiance is Pakistani citizen. She's a dentist back home. For her to practice here, she needs to take a few board exams (similar to the USMLEs). So we applied for her K1 visa in May 09 and applied for a B1 visa (so that she could take her board exams) in June. They rejected her flat-out saying that since she intends to immigrate (even though K1 is non-immigrant visa) they can't issue a B1.

I don't know how much that helped, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

yes thanks it did clear up a couple of things, we really can not plan on anything until this mess is finished with csc, all he can do is go and take the test that he can take in Delhi after that we have to wait.

i hope that ur fiancé receives her visa soon so that u can get on with ur lifes.

my prayers are with u

sara

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

hi sara,

so is the petition ready to be signed? i want to forward it to people but wasn't sure if it was in working condition.

thanks,

enraptured

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.