Jen&defs

RETURN TO SENDER

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Some stories are just "interesting" to read. A long distance relationship is not a recomendation too often given...but it happens when true love exists like so many at visa journey...But looking for a second or a third that is just asking for trouble. I think love happens when it happens, mysteriously and many times as a surprise. One does not look for love it comes as a gift when two soul mates meet no matter the circumstances or events. I know is not an answer to his question but it can be of used for a little thought.

:rolleyes:

K1 visa May 22, 2009----Package Sent

May 26 2009-----Package Received

June 1st 2009-----NOA1 Received

September 4th 2009----NOA2 Received

September 15th 2009---Package sent to Consulate

November 4th 2009---Interview :)

November 18th 2009---K1 visa Issued

February 15th 2010---Arrived in NY

March 22nd 2010---Got Married :)

April 3rd 2010---Send AOS package

April 13 2010---Check Cashed

1_corinthians13_13.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
####### she and her daughter are not merchandise to be returned ... Why does he want to send her back ( not that he can )? Did he not realize the package deal with the daughter? Man That is just ridiculous to say Send her back. ####### again............

HOLD ON ONE MINUTE I missed this he already has a NEW finace? Oh nO buddy have your friend post PLEASE

HE CAN FILE AFTER THE NEW FIANCEE HAS ACCEPTED HIS PROPOSAL TO MARRY?

he didn't say he had one already.

Then he is apprently looking, however sine The OP is not the person this is happening to and has not returned I guess we are safe to go on our own assumetions NO?? Feels to me like he is already lining up the next one.

And HOW is this your business?

=================

K1 Section

=================

Sent I-129F - 03/25/2009

Visa in Hand -11/23/2009

US Entry - 11/26/2009

Wedding - 12/26/2009

=================

AOS Section

=================

AOS, EAD, AP Forms Sent - 01/06/2010

Biometrics - 02/11/2010

EAD/AP Approved - 02/23/2010

--------------------------------

Ceremonial Wedding - 06/17/2010

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
he can file as long as he includes a short letter requesting a waiver under IMBRA and explains briefly what happened.

:thumbs:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
####### she and her daughter are not merchandise to be returned ... Why does he want to send her back ( not that he can )? Did he not realize the package deal with the daughter? Man That is just ridiculous to say Send her back. ####### again............

HOLD ON ONE MINUTE I missed this he already has a NEW finace? Oh nO buddy have your friend post PLEASE

HE CAN FILE AFTER THE NEW FIANCEE HAS ACCEPTED HIS PROPOSAL TO MARRY?

he didn't say he had one already.

Then he is apprently looking, however sine The OP is not the person this is happening to and has not returned I guess we are safe to go on our own assumetions NO?? Feels to me like he is already lining up the next one.

And HOW is this your business?

Posted in a public forum. Free for anyone to comment.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

SORRY EVERYONE FOR ANY MISUNDERSTANDING BUT I TRIED TO BE AS DESCREET ABOUT MY FRIEND AS POSSIBLE AND I KNOW SOME OF THE INFO IS SKETCHY. SO HERE GOES... MY FRIEND IS RETIRED AT 63 HIS WIFE DIED OF COMPLICATIONS OF BREST CANCER AND AN ANURISM HE WAITED AND CARED FOR HIS DESEASED WIFE EVERY STEP OF THE WAY AND FIVE YEARS LATER DECIDED TO GO ON WITH HIS LIFE LOOKED FOR LOVE AND THOUGHT HE FOUND IT IN COLOMBIA. HE COURTED A 40 SOMTHING YEAR OLD WOMAN FOR A LITTLE OVER A YEAR AND FILED FOR K-1 VISA WAS APPROVED

AND THEY MOVED WITH HIM HERE TO THE U.S. DURING THIS TIME HIS FIANCEE BEGAN TO SHOW HER TRUE COLORS. THE LANGUAGE BARRIER WAS A PART OF THE PROBLEM AND I WOULD TRANSLATE WHEN HE OR SHE CALLED ME TO RESOLVE AND ISSUE WHICH WAS A SIMPLE MISUNDERSTANDING AND IF I WASN'T AVAILABLE HIS 20 SOMTHING YR OLD SON WHO SPOKE LITTLE SPANISH TRIED TO HELP. HIS SON TOLD ME THAT SHE REFUSED TO LEARN ENGLISH BUT WANTED TO LOOK FOR WORK TO SEND MONEY TO COLOMBIA BUT HE MY FRIEND SAID NO I'LL SEND THEM MONEY TILL YOU LEARN ENGLISH, SETTLE IN TO THE U.S. LEARN THE CITY OUR WAYS AND THE PEOPLE FOR 6MONTHS OR SO AND WHEN YOU'RE READY NO PROBLEM. SHE DIDN'T LIKE THIS SO I SPOKE WITH HER AND ALL SHE WOULD DO WAS MAKE THE SITUATION SEEM LIKE MY FRIEND WAS MAKING HER A PRISONER BUT SHE CALLED ME OFTEN SENT EMAILS TO WHOMEVER

MY BUDDY BROUGHT HER AND HER DAUGHTER A WHOLE WOREDROBE OF STUFF BIKES, ETC. PUT THE DAUGHTER IN A SPECIAL SCHOOL AND WHEN A RUSSIAN CLASSMATE FONDLED THE GIRL AND MADE SEXUAL REMARKES TO HER EVERYDAY HE SHUT THAT SCHOOL DOWN AND RESOLVED THE PROBLEM EVEN WHEN HER MOM WAS AGANIST IT CAUSE SHE THOUGHT THEY COULD GET DEPORTED. THE DAUGHTER IS VERY SWEET BUT THE MOM SPOILS HER ROTTEN. THE DAUGHTER IS SO MISCHEVIOUS THAT SHE FOUGHT WITH ME TO TRY TO STOP ME FROM TELLING HER MOM WHAT SHE WAS DOING AND ALL HER MOM SAID WAS THAT HER DAUGHTER MENT NO HARM AND WAS HER WAY OF DOING THINGS. WHEN MY FRIEND TELLS HIS FIANCEE THAT THE DAUGHTER IS DOING SOMETHING WRONG IT BECOMES AN ARGUMENT OF EXPLOSIVE PROPORTIONS. I OVER HEARD IT ON THE PHONE ONE DAY AND MY FRIEND EXPLAINED TO ME THAT SHE THINKS HER DAUGHTER IS JESUS CHRIST. BUT WHEN HIS FIANCEE FOUND OUT I WAS ON THE PHONE HER WHOLE ATTITUDE CHANGED AS IF NOTHING HAPPENED SHE ACTED LOVEY DOVEY TO MY FRIEND. NOW THEY HAVENT MARRIED YET AND HE DOSEN'T PLAN TO, HE WANTS HER TO RETURN TO COLOMBIA. I AGREE BECAUSE I TRIED TO TALK WITH HER AND SHE ACTS AS IF EVERYTHING IS FINE EVEN THE DAUGHTER RELUCTANTLY TELLS ME WHAT HAPPENS AND HOW HER MOM SOMTIMES OVER REACTS TO THINGS AND WHEN MY FRIEND SAYS FORGET IT AND SQUASHES THE SITUATION CAUSE HE WANTS HER TO BE HAPPY AND DOESN'T WANT TO ARGUE, SHE BROODS FOR HOURS AND DAYS WILL GO BY BEFORE SHE COMES AROUND AND IS APPROACHABLE. HE WONDERS IF SHE STAYS OR IF SHE GOES AND THEY SEPARATE CAN HE FIND LOVE AGAIN IN THE FUTURE NEXT YEAR, 5YRS. WHENEVER,... WILL THE DHS GIVE HIM A PROBLEM IF THEY STAY HERE OR

IS IT BEST IF THEY RETURN. WHAT ARE HIS OPTIONS BECAUSE HE SIGNED AFFITTAVIDS TO CARE FOR THEM. LET ME KNOW HE LOADS UP MY MESSAGES LOOKING FOR MY HELP OR AN EAR TO LISTEN. THANX

MY FRIEND IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH HIS FIANCEE AND THE RELATIONSHIP IS DONE FOR. HE IS PREPAIRING TO SEND HER AND HER TROUBLESOME TEEN DAUGHTER BACK TO COLOMBIA.THEY HAVE BEEN HERE FOR 43 DAYS ON THE K-1 VISA. HE WANTS TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENDS TO HIM AFTER SHE RETURNS AND IF HE HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO FIND LOVE AND MARRY ANOTHER GIRL WITH THE K-1 IN THE NEAR FUTURE AND IF SO HOW LONG BEFORE HE CAN FILE AFTER THE NEW FIANCEE HAS ACCEPTED HIS PROPOSAL TO MARRY? PLEASE HELP HE'S REALLY DEVISTATED TO COME SO FAR JUST TO GET HEART BROKEN.

THANX :thumbs:

We must wait for the facts. We do not know the entire story. He would have to file for a waiver if he wants to bring a new bride from Colombia or anywhere else . I am sorry to hear this. Good luck.

REALESTATE BROKER & MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR

STATE OF CALIFORNIA

12fa14f592.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
...HE WONDERS IF SHE STAYS OR IF SHE GOES AND THEY SEPARATE CAN HE FIND LOVE AGAIN IN THE FUTURE NEXT YEAR, 5YRS. WHENEVER,... WILL THE DHS GIVE HIM A PROBLEM IF THEY STAY HERE OR IS IT BEST IF THEY RETURN. WHAT ARE HIS OPTIONS BECAUSE HE SIGNED AFFITTAVIDS TO CARE FOR THEM. LET ME KNOW HE LOADS UP MY MESSAGES LOOKING FOR MY HELP OR AN EAR TO LISTEN. THANX

'He' (be honest, is this you?) signed an affidavit certifying that she would not become a public charge, and that he would repay any support given that was not exempted (by, for example, the Food Stamps Act). Likely this will not become an issue if the person leaves the country or is unable to find reason to stay. However, if the person does stay and later becomes a public charge, the petitioner would be liable. It is a contract, after all.

A few things, though. First, please post messages using standard punctuation. Posting messages in ALL CAPS makes them much more difficult to read, and you're more likely to get a helpful response from a site like this if you post a readable question.

Second, while I'm not supposed to judge, the petitioner has no right to "send her back". What she does is up to her. The only thing the petitioner can do is stop supporting her and cease supporting her adjustment of status; that said, as you mentioned, there is an affidavit of support in play. She could find a way to stay in the United States by being granted a waiver on the marriage requirement to adjust status; that said, such a waiver on a K-1 is exceptionally rare as I understand it. I just don't like the tone of the OP here. The alien fiancee is not "goods to be shipped back". She is a human being. 'He' does not own her.

Edited by Spoom

I-129F / K-1 / AOS:

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview in Montreal - VISA GRANTED!

2009-11-21: POE - Moved to be with my fiancee :)

2010-01-23: Married!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

2010-04-30: Received Green Card

ROC:

2012-03-12: Sent I-751 package to VSC

2012-03-13: I-751 package arrived at VSC (Hi D. Renaud!)

2012-03-14: NOA1

2012-03-15: I-751 check cashed

2012-03-19: Received NOA1

2012-03-27: Received biometrics appt. notice for 2012-04-19 in Buffalo

2012-04-09: Successful early walk-in biometrics at Cleveland ASC

2012-12-04: I-751 APPROVED / 10 YR GC PRODUCTION ORDERED!

Naturalization:

2015-11-30: Here we go again: Filling out the N-400

2015-12-21: Sent N-400 to Phoenix AZ Lockbox

2015-12-23: NOA Date

2016-01-20: Biometrics in Cleveland

2016-01-25: In-line for interview

2016-01-25: Interview scheduled!

2016-01-29: Received interview letter! Scheduled for...

2016-02-29: Interview in Cleveland - APPROVED!

2016-03-18: Naturalization ceremony in Cleveland! I am a US Citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
MY FRIEND IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH HIS FIANCEE AND THE RELATIONSHIP IS DONE FOR. HE IS PREPAIRING TO SEND HER AND HER TROUBLESOME TEEN DAUGHTER BACK TO COLOMBIA.THEY HAVE BEEN HERE FOR 43 DAYS ON THE K-1 VISA. HE WANTS TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENDS TO HIM AFTER SHE RETURNS AND IF HE HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO FIND LOVE AND MARRY ANOTHER GIRL WITH THE K-1 IN THE NEAR FUTURE AND IF SO HOW LONG BEFORE HE CAN FILE AFTER THE NEW FIANCEE HAS ACCEPTED HIS PROPOSAL TO MARRY? PLEASE HELP HE'S REALLY DEVISTATED TO COME SO FAR JUST TO GET HEART BROKEN.

THANX :thumbs:

I can see your friend is sooooo "devastated' and "heart broken". So devastated in fact that he's already thinking about doing the whole process yet again!!!

I agree though, it's very heart breaking when you order something and it turns up and you opening the packaging, it wasn't what it said it was on the box.

If this had happened to me, I'd think that very LAST thing I'd feel like doing it shipping over different 'model', and hoping 'better luck next next'.

Maybe the only thing that'll help his get over this terrible loss is yet another K1-Visa. We all know on here how fun they are to apply for... maybe your friend is just addicted to paperwork?!

Someone stated she could be a heroin addict or something. If that's the case, then I'd say this 'friend' should've spend a little more time getting to know the person he was willing the spend the rest of his life with, for better or worse, richer are poorer!! (BAM! in a short 43 days it's all over... hardly a solid relationship in the first place in my humble opinion) :thumbs:

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

:reading:

Hmm, Shakespeare, posting in ALL caps and claiming it's someone else. :ph34r:

Methinks you might be speaking in the 1st person here. :idea:

I would take a breather for a time before filing another K-1. :clock:

For sure you'd have to get a waiver and have a lot of explaining to do. :huh2:

Colombian women are very beautiful & like spicy food, hot to handle. :diablo:

Are you ready for a second course? :pop:

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
'He' (be honest, is this you?) signed an affidavit certifying that she would not become a public charge, and that he would repay any support given that was not exempted (by, for example, the Food Stamps Act). Likely this will not become an issue if the person leaves the country or is unable to find reason to stay. However, if the person does stay and later becomes a public charge, the petitioner would be liable. It is a contract, after all.

---snip-----

Second, while I'm not supposed to judge, the petitioner has no right to "send her back". What she does is up to her. The only thing the petitioner can do is stop supporting her and cease supporting her adjustment of status; that said, as you mentioned, there is an affidavit of support in play. She could find a way to stay in the United States by being granted a waiver on the marriage requirement to adjust status; that said, such a waiver on a K-1 is exceptionally rare as I understand it. I just don't like the tone of the OP here. The alien fiancee is not "goods to be shipped back". She is a human being. 'He' does not own her.

the affidavit the op referred to is the i-134 used at the consulate/embassy level and isn't enforceable. they are not married yet, so there is no aos paperwork to support.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

---snip-----

the affidavit the op referred to is the i-134 used at the consulate/embassy level and isn't enforceable. they are not married yet, so there is no aos paperwork to support.

Right. Once the 90 days are up she would be in overstay, technically illegal, and certainly won't have access to public funds anyway. Its not the OP's responsibility to see that she leaves. If I were in this situation (which I would never put myself in) I'd buy two plane tickets for a week from now, set the girls up in a hotel and go play a round of golf to clear my head.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
...HE WONDERS IF SHE STAYS OR IF SHE GOES AND THEY SEPARATE CAN HE FIND LOVE AGAIN IN THE FUTURE NEXT YEAR, 5YRS. WHENEVER,... WILL THE DHS GIVE HIM A PROBLEM IF THEY STAY HERE OR IS IT BEST IF THEY RETURN. WHAT ARE HIS OPTIONS BECAUSE HE SIGNED AFFITTAVIDS TO CARE FOR THEM. LET ME KNOW HE LOADS UP MY MESSAGES LOOKING FOR MY HELP OR AN EAR TO LISTEN. THANX

A few things, though. First, please post messages using standard punctuation. Posting messages in ALL CAPS makes them much more difficult to read, and you're more likely to get a helpful response from a site like this if you post a readable question.

Yo, take it easy bro this forum stuff is new to me as I stated on other posts "I'm learning this stuff" thanks for the tips though SHEESSSH!!!and my friend "Jim and his fiancee Patricia" and the daughter "Danella" are real I promise you as I said I tried to be discreet. I and my fiancee will be filing for our visa 24 august 2009 because I'm waiting for some last few documents to arrive. when "he said" send her back he didn't mean like a package he meant paying her traveling expenses I.E. he would send her back home as per the visa if there is no wedding the fiancee must return to her country when the visa expires. Thanks to the members who actually read and answered the question trying to be helpful and for not getting all TMZ with Jim's relationship. But as for everyone else, it showed me how many people really care and are willing to look beyond the veil I hope we can do this with our government officials and get this country really up to par forget Dems and Reps disputes and help the people.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline
:reading:

Hmm, Shakespeare, posting in ALL caps and claiming it's someone else. :ph34r:

Methinks you might be speaking in the 1st person here. :idea:

I would take a breather for a time before filing another K-1. :clock:

For sure you'd have to get a waiver and have a lot of explaining to do. :huh2:

Colombian women are very beautiful & like spicy food, hot to handle. :diablo:

Are you ready for a second course? :pop:

We don't like spicy food !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
WOREDROBE OF STUFF BIKES
I'm intrigued as to what this is, si man. And, Ecuadorians don't like spicy food, either. More seriously, is marriage counseling an option?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.