rockhouse

Vermont Service Center frustrations...

61 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Drop the Texas insults.

... VSC Has slowed to a crawl recently but a few were approved today, so that's great news... Stick it out a bit longer, it'll happen.

Didn't insult anyone or Texas (unlike the "hill" guy who caused a mod to arrive and warn him).

Perseverance is required in this process. We all knew it from the get-go (or we should have known it). Extreme frustration is wasted energy. Use that to send your love a doodad in the mail with a special note, or anything else that strengthens your bond. I have to smack myself sometimes out of wasted energy too, so I am not so high and mighty. Coping with the American need for immediacy is a challenge.

Good point.. adding some fun to it by sending surprises during the wait, makes the wait less stressful... We have been sending little trinkets and notes by mail and it will end up being more "Evidence of relationship" in the long run....

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Good point.. adding some fun to it by sending surprises during the wait, makes the wait less stressful... We have been sending little trinkets and notes by mail and it will end up being more "Evidence of relationship" in the long run....

Plus, those little things are so important and give a tangible thing we can hold.

My girl sent me a one page letter once which was great, but when I turned it over it was so much more. She had put on scented red lipstick and made kiss marks all over it. I can't tell you how many times I pull out that letter and smell the kisses (okay, I'll admit I put my lips on it too). Love is so sweet!

moving right along

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So now VSC is diligently clearing the backlog but those of us who have been so frustrated now have to wait even longer while they eliminate the backlog. I imagine that the petitions that are still pending require a little more attention then the other petitions that were submitted around the same time frame. Personally, I am not excited about that possibility, but I would not necessarily say it was unfair, especially if you are one of the petitioners who filed prior to March 2009. Actually, seeing those who have filed way before me finally receive their NOA2s helps me greatly with my own patience.

This is actually my very first post and I hope it helps those who have been waiting so patiently and some no so patiently for their NOA2s.

While I don't necessarily agree with the statement in bold, it definitely does seem that you're right about VSC trying to clear the backlog. I think some cases just get lost/misplaced. For example, most December filers were approved in April. There were a handful of us not approved then. Nothing special about our cases... Then during a particular week in July, it seemed that VSC "found" our petitions and approved most of them that week. My guess is that they were with the underachieving adjudicator (or lost).

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
While I don't necessarily agree with the statement in bold, it definitely does seem that you're right about VSC trying to clear the backlog. I think some cases just get lost/misplaced. For example, most December filers were approved in April. There were a handful of us not approved then. Nothing special about our cases... Then during a particular week in July, it seemed that VSC "found" our petitions and approved most of them that week. My guess is that they were with the underachieving adjudicator (or lost).

NPB, I have a theory on that issue.. I think someone went and grabbed file from Dec to work on and put them on thier desk or in thier area.. at some point they quit or got fired... Then when they got a replacement.. not immediately, that person started working on those late files... there is turnover in every industry.... why not at USCIS.. it would not surprise me if this was the case...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
My girl sent me a one page letter once which was great, but when I turned it over it was so much more. She had put on scented red lipstick and made kiss marks all over it. I can't tell you how many times I pull out that letter and smell the kisses (okay, I'll admit I put my lips on it too). Love is so sweet!

I know how it feels. hehehe. Recently I received a surprise letter from her on the mail. She told me she wanted it to be a surprise so ok, it really was. :P We've been doing this surprise little things for quite some time now and it adds a lot to the relation.

PEACE............

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

I just got approved today, so it seems they are moving!! :dance:

wow congratz!!! hope ours too soon....

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
i was expecting some people to post that they didn't have to wait as long....understand now Einstein?
wanted to see if others had been waiting as long as me, so i posted a thread, thread-nazi.

Hmm, doesn't add up there Texas guy. Then bringing up insults and Nazism. :wacko:

Yall are straight-up retards...

1) I was frustrated and worried that our case is over 140 days old.

2) I decided to post a thread in the PI regional, (was moved here), to find out if anyone else had/has waited that long.

3) Expected not to see very many people waiting as long, or longer than us.

4) Upon reading those responses became more irritated/sad.

5) Some guy responds with a smartass remark because he can't understand the obvious.

6) You swoop in to back-up your boyfriend.

7) I try one last time to simplify it.

No comment. Not stooping to your level, someone else already pointed out your lack of logic, and a mod already told you off. Just to let you know I'm not a dude, as you can see in my profile... ;)

Timeline
So now VSC is diligently clearing the backlog but those of us who have been so frustrated now have to wait even longer while they eliminate the backlog. I imagine that the petitions that are still pending require a little more attention then the other petitions that were submitted around the same time frame. Personally, I am not excited about that possibility, but I would not necessarily say it was unfair, especially if you are one of the petitioners who filed prior to March 2009. Actually, seeing those who have filed way before me finally receive their NOA2s helps me greatly with my own patience.

This is actually my very first post and I hope it helps those who have been waiting so patiently and some no so patiently for their NOA2s.

I agree with NatPatBen, and I think everyone should be happy they are clearing up the backlog. It's not only fair, but you also never know if you will one day be one of those delayed cases. Even when I was still waiting, I was always glad to see when they went back and approved November and December filers. What drove me crazy (having filed in January) was seeing them consistently working on February as if they had completely forgotten about the earlier filers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

150 days, VSC...still waiting and trusting God. Patience is what I've been hearing from the forum and that our turn will come soon too... I'm still praying and expectant, I know it's challenging, I check uscis website at least twice every but I believe they would come through.

Edited by Jolex

150 days, VSC...still waiting and trusting God. Patience is what I've been hearing from the forum and that our turn will come soon too... I'm still praying and expectant, I know it's challenging, I check uscis website at least twice every but I believe they would come through.

At 150 days (5 months) you have a strong case for going to USCIS, your representative, and your senators: USCIS is required by their 2007 fee rule (when they jacked up the filing fees) to process I-129F petitions within 5 months. Regardless of the "current processing time" they're posting on their website (which is actually the date of the OLDEST case they're processing), they are required by their own regulations to process within 5 months.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
i was expecting some people to post that they didn't have to wait as long....understand now Einstein?
wanted to see if others had been waiting as long as me, so i posted a thread, thread-nazi.

Hmm, doesn't add up there Texas guy. Then bringing up insults and Nazism. :wacko:

2) I decided to post a thread in the PI regional, (was moved here), to find out if anyone else had/has waited that long.

5) Some guy responds with a smartass remark because he can't understand the obvious.

No comment. Not stooping to your level, someone else already pointed out your lack of logic, and a mod already told you off. Just to let you know I'm not a dude, as you can see in my profile... ;)

Lol...i still can't believe that you don't understand the premise of my thread, and subsequent reaction to the responses...It's fascinating. Maybe you're struggling with the definitions of "wanting" and "expecting".

I will say that everyone BUT 2 posters contributed to the thread, by answering the original question.

Edited by rockhouse
29ngqhd.jpg

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Lol...i still can't believe that you don't understand the premise of my thread, and subsequent reaction to the responses...It's fascinating. Maybe you're struggling with the definitions of "wanting" and "expecting". I will say that everyone BUT 2 posters contributed to the thread, by answering the original question.

And only one caused a mod to step in, you. Check yourself. You're still on the attack and off-topic.

moving right along

Timeline

Lol...i still can't believe that you don't understand the premise of my thread, and subsequent reaction to the responses...It's fascinating. Maybe you're struggling with the definitions of "wanting" and "expecting".

I will say that everyone BUT 2 posters contributed to the thread, by answering the original question.

I perfectly understand. All I was doing is pointing out that you cannot always expect to get what you want, which triggered a tantrum on your part.

O.k. :ot2: Maybe someone can now post something the OP wants to hear to make him feel better.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.