rockhouse

Vermont Service Center frustrations...

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
I remember when I first came here that people told me besides the useful information, people at VJ are the biggest bunch of whiners of all the visa hunters.

Whenever someone tells you to stop whining, or "just deal with it," try this - click over their user name, go to Find Member Posts. It will take a few, but once it comes up, go to the end (the first page will be the latest posts, you want to see the older ones). See what they were saying when they were in the same timeframe. Always hilarious.

I have concluded that this must be similar to childbirth. You must get a huge rush of endorphins after the NOA2 that make you forget that you were very recently going out of your mind and begging for pain killers.

I agree completely. My girl asks me when I complain... "Why? We can do nothing but wait." I agree with her too.

moving right along

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Yall's responses were supposed to make me feel better...they are actually having the opposite effect.

What kind of responses were you expecting?? If you want to hear from the people who had a quick approval, you chose the wrong title for your thread. If you want to get an objective overview of how long it takes for most people, look at Igor's List...

Ummm, obviously given the thread title, and me saying the responses are not making me happy, it means that i was expecting some people to post that they didn't have to wait as long, which would lead me to believe that maybe our case was just held-up a little longer than the rest, and therefore would be approved soon, which would make me feel better....understand now Einstein?

That's what I figured... I still think it was predictable that that's not what you were going to get in this thread. :bonk:

Dude, i don't know how much simpler i can't make it for you. I was venting about how long it is taking and wanted to see if others had been waiting as long as me, so i posted a thread, thread-nazi.

29ngqhd.jpg

Timeline
i was expecting some people to post that they didn't have to wait as long....understand now Einstein?
wanted to see if others had been waiting as long as me, so i posted a thread, thread-nazi.

Hmm, doesn't add up there Texas guy. Then bringing up insults and Nazism. :wacko:

moving right along

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Well Pard'ner, we were just approved today at 168 days. I hear you on the frustration. Damn the system.

Congrats.. great to see someone else in a great mood today :thumbs:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

189 and counting! but 2 days in a row got TOUCHED! :blush:

K1 Timeline:

12/30/2009 I-129F SENT

1/16/2009 I-797C, NOA1

8/25/2009 NOA2 email received!!!

8/28/2009 NVC IN

8/29/2009 NOA2 HARD COPY RECEIVED

9/21/2009 NVC OUT

9/23/2009 Consulate (GUZ) In

9/27/2009 Packet 3 Received

9/28/2009 Packet 3 Sent

11/6/2009 Packet 4 Received

11/25/2009 Interview... PINK!

12/17/2009 Marriage

AOS Timeline:

2/22/2010 Filed I-485, I-765 and I-131

2/24/2010 NOA

3/19/2010 Transferred to CSC

3/25/2010 Touched!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Has anybody here had to wait over 140 days from NOA1 to NOA2? We are at 143 days right now and getting a little upset over this sh*t.

The clowns over at the Vermont Center seem to just randomly pull cases to process, which is unfair.

I'm just curious how many here had to wait over 143 days for their NOA2.

Thanks.

We are at 310 days... This #######, I agree that they randomly pick the cases to work.. I have called multiples times to them, have had my senator contact them and an ambassador... They have assured Them (and me) that we should be complete by mid August... We fair exceed all minimums for approval and have been sitting here waiting... The only blessing is that Churawan has a B2 visa and has been able to visit me a few times since this process started for us.. But I want to get this all behind us and move forward with our new lifes... I wish VSC would follow the first in first out concept... What are they doing up there???

Steve

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
i was expecting some people to post that they didn't have to wait as long....understand now Einstein?
wanted to see if others had been waiting as long as me, so i posted a thread, thread-nazi.

Hmm, doesn't add up there Texas guy. Then bringing up insults and Nazism. :wacko:

Yall are straight-up retards...

1) I was frustrated and worried that our case is over 140 days old.

2) I decided to post a thread in the PI regional, (was moved here), to find out if anyone else had/has waited that long.

3) Expected not to see very many people waiting as long, or longer than us.

4) Upon reading those responses became more irritated/sad.

5) Some guy responds with a smartass remark because he can't understand the obvious.

6) You swoop in to back-up your boyfriend.

7) I try one last time to simplify it.

29ngqhd.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Name calling and personal insults are a violation of Terms of Service for this site. Continue in this manner and this thread will be closed.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkmenistan
Timeline
(are you George W. Bush?)

Ah yes, the common stereotype of GWB and Texas. Oh wait, Cowboys, ranchers, cattle and farms too.

Drop the Texas insults. They're stale and don't add anything to the OP topic.

As for the long wait. Yes, you are right around the rest of us as far as the 'timeframe' is concerned. VSC Has slowed to a crawl recently but a few were approved today, so that's great news. We can hope that it continues and the pace will quicken once again. There are those who have waited longer, and those who have been approved with less of a wait, but overall, you're right in line with the majority. Stick it out a bit longer, it'll happen.

we are still waiting.. our NOA1 was march 2; and nothing yet, got a "touch"m last march 5 then nothing ... so it's gonna be 5 months this aug.2

about 144 days since NOA1 and nothing yet

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Timeline
Drop the Texas insults.

... VSC Has slowed to a crawl recently but a few were approved today, so that's great news... Stick it out a bit longer, it'll happen.

Didn't insult anyone or Texas (unlike the "hill" guy who caused a mod to arrive and warn him).

Perseverance is required in this process. We all knew it from the get-go (or we should have known it). Extreme frustration is wasted energy. Use that to send your love a doodad in the mail with a special note, or anything else that strengthens your bond. I have to smack myself sometimes out of wasted energy too, so I am not so high and mighty. Coping with the American need for immediacy is a challenge.

moving right along

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
(are you George W. Bush?)

Ah yes, the common stereotype of GWB and Texas. Oh wait, Cowboys, ranchers, cattle and farms too.

Drop the Texas insults. They're stale and don't add anything to the OP topic.

As for the long wait. Yes, you are right around the rest of us as far as the 'timeframe' is concerned. VSC Has slowed to a crawl recently but a few were approved today, so that's great news. We can hope that it continues and the pace will quicken once again. There are those who have waited longer, and those who have been approved with less of a wait, but overall, you're right in line with the majority. Stick it out a bit longer, it'll happen.

Today was better than the previous few days... I agree... I would like to see 6 or 8 a day on average like was done in the past....

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I think I have not yet earned the right to complain really hard. I only have about 3 months since NOA 1. It worries me that the tendency VSC is following is pushing my timeline so far that is amazing. Now I'm hitting mid-October from being in mid-August. So I really understand those that have been in this road longer than me.

What me and my angel do is use whatever way possible to keep in contact as often as we can do it. Be it our normal marathons in Skype with webcam from time to time, phone calls, a text message every now and then saying "I love you" and such, surprising each other with some snail mails, normal e-mails, messages in Facebook, pretty much whatever you can imagine. This has helped us maintain the loneliness at bay.

We new from the beginning that this process is long so we promised each other that we would never give up on us no matter how long this takes.

I only hope we can maintain this attitude in the following months. I was expecting to have her here in Puerto Rico by November but now I'll settle for sometime before Xmas.

May God gives us the strength to travel this road and may He gives us the opportunity to be strong.

PEACE my friends..................

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.