Vermont Service Center frustrations...

61 posts in this topic

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Yall's responses were supposed to make me feel better...they are actually having the opposite effect.

What kind of responses were you expecting?? If you want to hear from the people who had a quick approval, you chose the wrong title for your thread. If you want to get an objective overview of how long it takes for most people, look at Igor's List...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

140 days and counting. :devil::crying:

Processing Center - Vermont

Embassy - Manila, Philipines

USCIS

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Packet 4 Received : 2009-08-19

St. Luke's: November 12/13 2009 (Medical PASSED)

USEM Interview Date : 7:00am November 20th, 2009 A P P R O V E D ! ! ! !

Visa Received : 2009-12-05

US Entry : 2009-12-09

Marriage : 2010-03-09

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS JOURNEY- AOS

07/31/10- Package was sent to USCIS Lockbox in Chicago via USPS (I-485 & I-765)

08/04/10- USCIS received package - notification sent via text and email message

08/11/10- Notice Of Actions were received in the mail for I-485 & I-765

08/12/10- Check cashed

08/26/10- Case transferred to CSC

09/04/10- Touched

09/08/10- Touched

09/11/10- Biometrics Appointment letter received for 10/5/2010

10/5/10- Biometrics Successfull

10/5/10- EAD and AOS Touched

10/5/10- EAD card/document production was ordered

10/6/10- EAD and AOS Touched

10/8/10- EAD card production - 2nd order

10/13/10- Received EAD

10/20/10- I485 Card Production Ordered-1st order

10/21/10- I485 Card Production Ordered-2nd order

10/22/10- Received email notification, I485 was APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As a fellow Vermont Service Center petitioner (March 6, 2009 NOA1), I have been following everyone's frustration with how long the process is taking. The comments I have read include: Someone that has filed after me has been approved.; California Service Center is zipping along while we are at a standstill; Contact your Congressman and voice your concerns and have them contact USCIS; I called the Customer Service line to no avail; etc.

I have also been faithfully watching Igor's list and watching my projected date go farther and farther out. There are two things that I have noticed about Igor's list the past few weeks and they are there has literally been no action for the March filers and that all the previous months are really starting to fill in. Here is my observation; maybe with all the attention (complaints) from petitioners, congressmen, feedback from customer service tapes, comparisons with CSC just maybe VSC has decreed among it officers...."We are under close scrutiny, everyone's complaining and we are going to clean up all the old petitions that have been hanging around before any more new petitions are approved."

So now VSC is diligently clearing the backlog but those of us who have been so frustrated now have to wait even longer while they eliminate the backlog. I imagine that the petitions that are still pending require a little more attention then the other petitions that were submitted around the same time frame. Personally, I am not excited about that possibility, but I would not necessarily say it was unfair, especially if you are one of the petitioners who filed prior to March 2009. Actually, seeing those who have filed way before me finally receive their NOA2s helps me greatly with my own patience.

This is actually my very first post and I hope it helps those who have been waiting so patiently and some no so patiently for their NOA2s.

Karl and Alicia

Someone to care, someone to share, lonely hours and moments of despair, to be loved, to be loved, oh what a feeling to be loved

Someone to kiss, someone to miss, when you're away to here for me today, to be love, to be loved, oh what a feeling to be loved

Some wish to be a king or a queen, some wish for fortune and fame, but to be, truly, truly, truly loved is more than all of these things

To be loved, to be love, to be love, oh what a feeling to be loved.

Jackie Wilson

Timeline
Has anybody here had to wait over 140 days from NOA1 to NOA2? We are at 143 days right now and getting a little upset over this sh*t.

The clowns over at the Vermont Center seem to just randomly pull cases to process, which is unfair.

I'm just curious how many here had to wait over 143 days for their NOA2.

Thanks.

Mine was approved at day 159. K-1/Vermont. Yeah it is so frustrating.

Timeline
Has anybody here had to wait over 140 days from NOA1 to NOA2? We are at 143 days right now and getting a little upset over this sh*t.

The clowns over at the Vermont Center seem to just randomly pull cases to process, which is unfair.

I'm just curious how many here had to wait over 143 days for their NOA2.

Thanks.

I am sorry you are having such a long wait time. Maybe they are upgrading Vermont. It looks like so far this year Vermont has had more petitions than California in some months. God bless and a speedy interview.

4-17-2009 sent K1 Petition

5-1-2009 USCIS received petition

5-4-2009 received NOA1 notice

7-17-2009 touched

7-20-2009 NOA2 received

8-3-2009 NVC received petition

8-4-2009 NVC sent petition to Manila

9-22-2009 Medical Exam (scar on lungs) will have sputum test done

9-28-2009 K1 visa interview (canceled)

12-02-2009 call the SLMEC for sputum test report out

12-07-2009 Medical passed

12-08-2009 CFO

December 16, 2009 visa Pink Slip

December 20, 2009 entered USA

With God's blessing

Dale and Pat

Timeline
Yall's responses were supposed to make me feel better...they are actually having the opposite effect.

What kind of responses were you expecting?? If you want to hear from the people who had a quick approval, you chose the wrong title for your thread. If you want to get an objective overview of how long it takes for most people, look at Igor's List...

Ummm, obviously given the thread title, and me saying the responses are not making me happy, it means that i was expecting some people to post that they didn't have to wait as long, which would lead me to believe that maybe our case was just held-up a little longer than the rest, and therefore would be approved soon, which would make me feel better....understand now Einstein?

29ngqhd.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
As of today its been 470 days since our NOA2.

Is this sh*t even real?

You asked.. the answers are real.. there are many people that dont get NOA2's in 3, 4 or 5 months.. they have waited over a year in many cases....

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

I just got approved today, so it seems they are moving!! :dance:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! how did u recieve the noa2

2/25-I-129F Sent via USPS Express Mail

2/26-Recieved at VSC: D.Renaud signs.

2/27-NOA1

3/2-Check Cashed

3/3-Touched

3/4-Touched

xxx-ROAD TO NOA 2!!!! LET THIS BE PAINLESS

Timeline
I remember when I first came here that people told me besides the useful information, people at VJ are the biggest bunch of whiners of all the visa hunters.

Whenever someone tells you to stop whining, or "just deal with it," try this - click over their user name, go to Find Member Posts. It will take a few, but once it comes up, go to the end (the first page will be the latest posts, you want to see the older ones). See what they were saying when they were in the same timeframe. Always hilarious.

I have concluded that this must be similar to childbirth. You must get a huge rush of endorphins after the NOA2 that make you forget that you were very recently going out of your mind and begging for pain killers.

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Ummm, obviously given the thread title, and me saying the responses are not making me happy, it means that i was expecting some people to post that they didn't have to wait as long, which would lead me to believe that maybe our case was just held-up a little longer than the rest, and therefore would be approved soon, which would make me feel better....understand now Einstein?

That's what I figured... I still think it was predictable that that's not what you were going to get in this thread. :bonk:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Well now i've had time to look around in this sub-forum, and seen how long other's are also waiting, i'm even more tripped out.

Can't stand the timeline(s) here either. One moment it tells you they are working on March 4th, then back to February 26 after. What the hell.

- LB

Stay tune for yet another immi-saga in the life of LB & JD. Coming soon ---> AOS Chronicles

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.