16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

My husband and I sent out our I751 February 29 of 2008 to the VSC and just now we receive this blue letter telling us that the documentation we sent was insufficient, the evidence is insufficient.

We sent a lot of proof. I am really desperate and I don’t know what to do. We learnt about the letter yesterday and I cannot stop crying. I cannot think the possibility to have to leave and leave my husband.

We started our life here not always easy economically speaking. We passed laid offs, bad financial moments we have to move to my in laws because we cannot afford living in a separate place. That’s why we don’t have a lot of stuff that they asked such loans, proprieties, etc.

We sent

Financial:

1. Joint tax return

2. Joint contract lease

3. Joint Auto insurance

4. My 401k where show that my husband is my beneficiary

5. Join Affidavit of support: of my husband best friend, one friend of my family who is living here, one of my sister and my brother in-law proving the relationship is bona fide.

6-Photos - family/daily not only photos of us we sent phone of family dinner, Christmas..etc.

We are thinking send

1- Joint utility bill (we never bother to do that, same utilities are under my name and some under my husband name) I will call tomorrow and request to have both names in the bills.

2- Title our cars in both names (again my car is under my name and my husband under his)

3- Joint utility bank accounts,

4- My husband 401k where show that I am the beneficiary.

5- More affidavits of support.

My worry is all these changes will show now. I don’t what to do.

I am so sad because I feel we have to prove we are no lying, we are not fake. I’d love to have the possibility to go to interview and show them that my marriage is TRUE. Did any of you receive the same letter? Any suggestions?

Thanks so much

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The Affidavit of support is the I-864 filed by your husband, not letters from friends and family.

Did the RFE ask for specific items? If so, be sure to send them.

If you scan your RFE and post it here you may get better feedback.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
We sent a lot of proof.

We sent

Financial:

1. Joint tax return

2. Joint contract lease

3. Joint Auto insurance

5. Join Affidavit of support: of my husband best friend, one friend of my family who is living here, one of my sister and my brother in-law proving the relationship is bona fide.

6-Photos - family/daily not only photos of us we sent phone of family dinner, Christmas..etc.

Hello, Don't worry after the RFE you should be fine. Most people with RFE receive their approval soon after they receive the RFE response.

First of all I don't think that you sent "A lot of proof" as you wrote... if you check the list of other guys here (included myself) the list is much more that what you sent. And this time you need to send everything you can just to be sure.

1) Send everything you sent in the first package. Don't worry that will be repeated. Do it.

2) Remember to send everything you have covering the last 2 years of you marriage.

3) Do you have any club, gym, movies card, travel tickets, concerts or whatever that show some interaction between you guys?

4) For me affidavits are very weak proof but in your case if you can send new ones, do it!

5) No joint credit card accounts?

6) Junk mail with both names and address?

I am pretty sure that if you send all the new evidence that you wrote plus the old one in this RFE response you should be fine.

And if you want more help from us :time:

Good luck.

Edited by csoul

05/25/10 - N-400 package delivered in Phoenix, AZ

06/04/10 - Check cashed

06/10/10 - NOA received

06/16/10 - Case available online

06/17/10 - Case online showing RFE (Biometrics notice) sent on 06/16/10

06/21/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

07/08/10 - Biometrics appointment

07/07/10 - Walk in Biometrics

08/06/10 - Email / Text for for new case status: "Test and Interview"

08/09/10 - Interview Appointment letter received for 09/13/10

09/13/10 - Interview Approved!

09/13/10 - Same Day Ceremony! I am a US Citizen!

My husband and I sent out our I751 February 29 of 2008 to the VSC and just now we receive this blue letter telling us that the documentation we sent was insufficient, the evidence is insufficient.

We sent a lot of proof. I am really desperate and I don't know what to do. We learnt about the letter yesterday and I cannot stop crying. I cannot think the possibility to have to leave and leave my husband.

We started our life here not always easy economically speaking. We passed laid offs, bad financial moments we have to move to my in laws because we cannot afford living in a separate place. That's why we don't have a lot of stuff that they asked such loans, proprieties, etc.

We sent

Financial:

1. Joint tax return

2. Joint contract lease

3. Joint Auto insurance

We are thinking send

1- Joint utility bill (we never bother to do that, same utilities are under my name and some under my husband name) I will call tomorrow and request to have both names in the bills.

2- Title our cars in both names (again my car is under my name and my husband under his)

My worry is all these changes will show now. I don't what to do.

I am so sad because I feel we have to prove we are no lying, we are not fake. I'd love to have the possibility to go to interview and show them that my marriage is TRUE. Did any of you receive the same letter? Any suggestions?

Thanks so much

You didn't mention if you sent a copy of your greencard?

otherwise it may be possible that you need more evidence showing commitments to your residence, like the utility bills, mail, cards, subscriptions etc. and yes the joint bank accounts are very important :thumbs:

good luck

April 14 - sent I-129F to Vermont

April 25 - NOA1

May, June, July lost to IMBRA and RFE's

Aug 22 - NOA2

Sept 25 - interview date OCTOBER 13th

Oct 26 - arrived at JFK - work authorized

Nov 21 - apply SSN, received Nov 29

Dec 16 - marriage license

Jan 05 - wedding

Jan 30 - AOS begins

AOS

Feb 07 - NOA1 ,check cashed

Feb 28 - notice I-485 sent to CSC

Mar 10 - Biometrics

Apr 16 - surprise RFE arrives..they lost my medical. New medical returned, Apr 23

Jun 1st - RFE ..more medical BS ( go back for TB skin test)

Jun 28 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

July 06- Green card arrives.

LIFTING CONDITIONS 2009

June 12 - mailed package

June 15 - check cashed

June 19 - NOA extension letter ( card expires June 26th)

July 03 - Biometrics notice

July 14 - Biometrics appointment

OCT 29 - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!

Timeline

Thanks for the imput!!

I did send my Green Card and we file the paperwork on February, 2009.

The letter doesn't specify what we missed or what we should have sent. Tomorrow I will call to USCIS to find out what we have to send.

Thanks so much for you help

Magui and andrew

If you're currently living with your in laws and you don't need to pay rent (or may be they're your landlord but you only have to pay a little bit of rent to them), have your in laws write a letter of sworn affidavit to explain to USCIS about that.

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Make sure you send proof that spans the last two years. Example. We pay our car insurance every 6 months. So we included statements covering the last two years. Also we saved our bills in both our names and sent copies of the bills from every 2 or 3 months for the last 2 years. Good luck.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Include information from this year too - it was a year since you filed so you will now have more evidence - 3 years worth that you can use. Send documents that cover all three years of your marriage, including tax returns for each year, joint bank accounts (several statements from each year), write your wills and list each other as spouse and make each other your heirs, include any bills that you do pay together, joint credit cards, health insurance, being listed as spouse at each other's employment, car registration, copies of both of your driver's licenses showing the same address; envelopes and cards mailed to you at your address, the statement from your in-laws that you live with them. Send several examples of each that covers right back to when you got married up until now and you will probably find you have a lot more evidence than you think. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I included copies of our joint credit card, joint checking, copies of a trip we took together, copies of our joint medical insurance, with him listed as a beneficiary.

We just got approved with no RFE. There needs to be evidence of co-mingling of assets.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline

Do not forget to send in papers THAT YOU ALREADY DID SENT IN!

USCIS will never ever admitt that they LOST somthing.

WE got RFE back in AOS, and then we found out they lost some of our tax stuff.

We sent them and were soon approved without interview.

Do not worry.

07/29/2006 – I-129 sent to Vermont

08/04/2006 - NOA1

08/28/2006 - NOA2 - approved

09/01/2006 - NVC - approved

09/07/2006 - Warsaw embassy sent packet 3 (damn post services, never received any)

09/18/2006 - packet 3 sent (Nothing fails)

09/27 - received packet 4

10/10 - medical exam

10/19 - INTERVIEW!

10/20 - received visa

11/7 - arrived in USA, POE YFK

1/19 - Married

02/23/2007 - Civil Surgeon (checked just vaccines for $ 25)

05/04/2007 - AOS package sent to Chicago

05/11/2007 - NOA1

05/15/2007 - NOA2 - ASC appointment letter about biometrics

05/24/2007 - RFE about tax forms w-2 and 1099!!!

06/05/2007 - Biometrics

21/06/2007 - NOA3 - Transfered to California

10/07/2007 - AOS approved, card production ordered!!!

19/07/2007 - Half year marriage anniversary - GC arrives!!!

07/08/2009 - Package sent (My cover letter 40 peaces of evidence)

07/14/2009 - check was cashed

07/10/2009 - NOA 1 received, GK extended for a year

07/17/2009 - received biometrics letter with my case number

08/06/2009 - scheduled biometrics appointment

11/16/2009 - approval

12/01/2009 - touched - card production ordered

2/26/2010 - got ten year card

No more departures!!!

No more typing!!!

Ne mirkli Tu neesi atstājis manas domas,

Tā, ka manas domas aizmirsa pat aizmirstību.

Mīļotais ir ienācis manā teltī,

Un mana sirds ir mulsas pārņemta.

The Affidavit of support is the I-864 filed by your husband, not letters from friends and family.

The I 864 is not required at this stage.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

The I 864 is not required at this stage.

i think you have to send tax returns transcripts for all 3 years mentioning you and you husabnad's name. if you filled together?

• 2 months later...
Timeline

We sent a lot of proof. I am really desperate and I don’t know what to do. We learnt about the letter yesterday and I cannot stop crying. I cannot think the possibility to have to leave and leave my husband.

We started our life here not always easy economically speaking. We passed laid offs, bad financial moments we have to move to my in laws because we cannot afford living in a separate place. That’s why we don’t have a lot of stuff that they asked such loans, proprieties, etc.

We sent

Financial:

1. Joint tax return

2. Joint contract lease

3. Joint Auto insurance

We are thinking send

My worry is all these changes will show now. I don’t what to do.

I am so sad because I feel we have to prove we are no lying, we are not fake. I’d love to have the possibility to go to interview and show them that my marriage is TRUE. Did any of you receive the same letter? Any suggestions?

Thanks so much

Hey everybody,

On Saturday we received the approval letter. I cannot believe it!!! After we received the RFE we sent a lot of more information. I had to send a box full of papers. A month later we received the wonderful notice that our petition has been approved.

I want to thank all the people here in the VJ to helping us. This is a great website. I don’t know what I would have done without all the information the help that this site provide. I didn’t have the same luck calling to the USCIS.

If anybody needs help or I can help anyhow please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thanks again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.