Amby

what would you do if....

what would you do if...  

70 members have voted

1. 1. for the women: what would you do if your husband complained about your cooking?

• nothing
    • bash him over the head with a phone
    • burst into tears, run out of the room & lock yourself in the bathroom until he apologizes
    • make him some really nasty food the next time to prove a point
    • tell him to cook his own effing food
    • just throw it away and order some pizza
    • taste it and then admit that maybe it is nasty
    • would never happen, i don't cook
    • i'm a man...go to the next question
  2. 2. (for the men) what would you do if your wife cooked some really bad food?

• just eat it
    • eat it the first time, but if she continued to make crap then I'd complain
    • tell her it's complete crap, but eat it anyways
    • purchase some cooking lessons for her
    • flush it down the toilet when she's not looking
    • feed it to the dog and tell her it was delicious
    • cook for yourself
    • order takeout
    • tell her you refuse to eat that disgusting creation
    • my wife doesn't cook
    • i'm a woman this question isn't for me

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I guess I'm the only one who answered, "burst into tears and lock yourself in the bathroom..." :whistle:

I made him sit by the door for 10 minutes before I came out. Poor Kenchin.

But he's never actually complained about my cooking, he knows better. I had just made a mistake and somehow melted rice tortillas onto a piece of tinfoil and got hysterical about it all by myself. He likes my cooking. :thumbs: Or he's a really good liar.

like this stuff? or something different? just curious

springroll_lg.jpg

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
For the record, he never complains. If I do make something that tastes like ######, I don't give it to him. Good cooks taste the food prior to serving :lol:

Same here he never complains, and I am a pretty good cook and I always taste as I cook too.

But as for the pole if it was something new and I asked if he like it and he said no it would be no big deal but if he just complained to start something he would be on his own. But he would never complain.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

he no like he can cook for heself :jest: or go hungry

I do sometimes feel sorry for him, I have learned to cook arepas ( store bought of course ) but at least once a month I let him take me to a colombian place so he can eat what he really likes :)

Edited by NArocks

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

For me it depends what I am cooking and if I will taste it or not. I don't eat pork myself, so I don't taste it either. I have slowly started to eat some pork, but still I try to stay away.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Joe just likes to ' no longer be hungry' when he gets home and generally will eat anything. When he was on his own he used to just make a big pot of beans on the weekend and then eat that for every meal until it was gone - or turned bad. Yech! There have been one or two things that I have made over the years that he has just 'not finished' - no complaints or anything - and when I asked him he said he didn't care for it. Not a problem for me - it's ok to have different tastes. I'll know not to make it for him again. If all else fails, he can be perfectly happy with a peanut butter sandwich :D .

And yes, I generally do taste while I am cooking as well unless it is something so tried and true there is no need.

btw -those Indian scrambled eggs look scrumptious! I might have to give those a try sometime.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Bren: "uh, this rice svcks"

Len: "No it doesn't"

Bren: "does too"

Len: "does not"

Bren: :does too...:

Len flashes one boobie and the rice becomes the foods from the Gods. There. I win. Always. Why? Cuz I have boobs, that's why. :jest:

:thumbs:

Len flashes one boobie and the rice becomes the foods from the Gods. There. I win. Always. Why? Cuz I have boobs, that's why. :jest:

LMAO women can get away with anything because we have boobies hahaha

when my fiance was here, i cooked him a bunch of filipino dish and he liked my cooking a lot; and being such a bachelor, he tells me a lot of times he needs my cooking lol but i am so unsure how that's gonna be when we both live together coz the ingredients are different so something i'll need to get used to; but mostly he loves my cooking, the pasta,i even made him eat vegies!(he doesnt eat vegies but i'm very sneaky and cut them into little small pieces so he doesnt notice them and i spoon-feed him lol, something we both do to each other ^_^) then after he finishes eating, i tell him i put in a lot of veggies, he ate carrots and spices and ddnt know about it! hahaha

but when i made this dish with the squash, he said he disliked the squash and made a face so i just gave him the other veggies and he liked them still lol

he hates mayo though, but apparently, he ended up eating this fruit salad that was bathing in mayo and he ddnt notice hahaha; a man in love wont notice a lot of stuff, or im just really good at cooking and i have boobs LOL

but i dont taste the dish im cooking most of the time coz i kind of just have a feel for it and well, it actually turns out really good if i dont taste it otherwise i end up not putting in much salt or add up just way too much lol

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Now, I'm going to also post the reverse idea (wife having to face something husband cooked).

Pras doesn't like whole-mung curry, blackeye-peas with vegetables or frozen mixed-vegetables (her mum loves these though) very much--but will take them (as well as chicken cooked in tomato-base gravy).

Fatty? No wonder coconut tastes so good :jest:
I can name one coconut dish that is absolutely an abomination (I also mentioned it in my attempted restart of OT's "incredible inedibles" thread)--coconut chutney (which my mum loved, Pras and her mum duplicate on that).

Basically (and not for health reasons), I consider coconut chutney useless for any purpose ("cooked salsa" tastes far better, and is far more versatile)--and I certainly won't touch the stuff if any palatable alternative (idli-dosai chili-powder, saambaar, "cooked salsa" or plain salsa) is available.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Joe just likes to ' no longer be hungry' when he gets home and generally will eat anything.
Same here, and it's good to see a very accurate definition of the condition, si man.
When he was on his own he used to just make a big pot of beans on the weekend and then eat that for every meal until it was gone - or turned bad. Yech!
With cultural exceptions, this could be a fundamental difference between men and women: I, for example, saw nothing wrong with eating three-day-old pizza that had been at room temperature all the time -- and I even credited myself with eating greenery, because "fungus is a vegetable," si man.
he can be perfectly happy with a peanut butter sandwich.
Same here again, si man, but as long as it's "woman-food," it's usually better than standard man-fare (such as the fifth pan this week of "tuna glop"), si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
It makes me so happy to see people saying they actually taste food as they're cooking it :cry:

i not only taste, sometimes by the time it's ready i'm not even hungry anymire lol.

:lol: gotta try that

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline