Captain Ewok

Post Bugs here!

1,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Not that this is really important, but there has to be a misplaced decimal point somewhere in the Member ID page. Just looking at mine for example, it says:

Total Cumulative Posts 2896

( 7.9 posts per day / 44.41% of total forum posts ) 44% ~ that can't be! That would mean that there are only 6,600 posts total.

Unless I recount stats (would change everyones little pips to zero) then that % will not be fixed. You have posted 2896 times and there are about 6k new posts on the new forums. I dunno how to fix this one... I will get to it later.

Also, I added a few options to the My Assistant Tool. Some regularly used VJ tools. If you can think of others let me know :).

Why is My Assistant intermittent? When I clicked on it just now it's the old version? No new features, same old vertical block, limited information.

You must have been viewing the old site at the time when you clicked it (forums2) and not the new. My only explanation.

How can I respond to an email that was sent from VJ to my desired email address?

I think it should have the reply address as theirs.

Nope. I find the My Assistant hiccup often. It's inconsistent.

Anyone else see this?

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline

You need to remake sure siggy (remove any garbage in there).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Regarding 'My Assistant'. I see this inconsistency problem all the time. If you click the link on the home page, you get the old version. If you click the link pretty much any other page, you get the new version. Maybe it's just an issue from the home page.

G

I have anothe 'bug' to report. Why is that 'Vietnam' post stuck at the top of the 'Recent Topics' list on the home page?

G

I-129F Filing

G (USA)

L (Scotland)

2005-02-05 Sent to TSC

2005-03-02 NOA2 rcvd

2005-04-27 Medical - 3:40 pm in Edinburgh

2005-05-19 Interview - approved!!

2005-06-12 G & L fly to Florida

2005-08-20 Wedding day!!

2005-09-15 Sent AOS docs

2005-09-23 NOA1 rcvd for 485, 765, and 131

2005-11-28 AP rcvd

2006-01-03 EAD rcvd

2006-03-08 AOS interview - Success - pending FBI name check!!

2006-04-05 Rcvd the 'Welcome To America' email. Name check is done!!

2006-04-17 Green Card Received!!

2008-02-05 Sent I-751 to remove conditions

2008-02-11 I-751 received in Texas

2008-02-25 Check finally cashed!!

2008-03-19 Biometrics completed in West Palm Beach

2008-12-23 Rcvd notification of GC production

2008-12-30 Rcvd notification of confirmation letter going in the mail.

"Just as our DNA is unique, so too is our visa processing experience."

G 3/31/05

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I say keep up the good work Mr. Ewok! two thumbs up for you! :thumbs::thumbs:

Thank you for helping to keep this forum going!

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: Timeline

Half the time I click on the Active Topic link I get the following message:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, the board administrator has enabled search flood control. Please wait at least 30 seconds before trying again

Is this something that can be corrected?

Timeline
Half the time I click on the Active Topic link I get the following message:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, the board administrator has enabled search flood control. Please wait at least 30 seconds before trying again

Is this something that can be corrected?

Corrected? it is so people can not weigh the server down too much. I can back off to 10 seconds maybe :).

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I can no longer search the old forums, when I go to the old forum and search it forwards me to the new VJ and searches posts made here.

Emily (Me) American (Oregon) - Shane (Him) Australian (Adelaide)

I-130

July 21st, 2005 - Mailed petition

July 25th, 2005 - Petition delivered to Nebraska

August 2nd, 2005 - Petition received at CSC

August 3rd, 2005 - Mailed NOA1

August 5th, 2005 - Money order cashed!!!!

August 9th, 2005 - Received NOA1 via snail mail

January 18th, 2006 - NOA2

I-129F

October 19th, 2005 - Mailed petition

October 23rd, 2005 - Petition delivered to Chicago Lockbox

October 26th, 2005 - NOA1

December 1st, 2005 - APPROVED!!!!

December 12th, 2005 - NVC Received

December 15th 2005 - Petition left NVC

December 28th, 2005 - Received by Sydney

January 2nd, 2006 - Packet 3 Received

January 9th, 2006 - DS-230 Pt. 1 and Checklist sent to Sydney

February 28th 2006 - INTERVIEW!!!!

March 2006 - He's home!!!! :)

Our 2 year anniversary!!!!

.png

Our 1 year marriage anniversary!!!!

.png

I can no longer search the old forums, when I go to the old forum and search it forwards me to the new VJ and searches posts made here.

Use this link chicky http://www.visajourney.com/forums2/index.php?s=&act=Search&mode=adv

The Capt'n is eventually going to put a link to archived threads (old forum)

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Use this link chicky http://www.visajourney.com/forums2/index.php?s=&act=Search&mode=adv

The Capt'n is eventually going to put a link to archived threads (old forum)

I hope that the Archived posts will automatically be attached to the main search feature. Right now it's a ####### to search. However, can't the Advanced Search feature be manipulated for the time being by making all searches of 30 days or more directed to the Old Forum?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Timeline

Lots of old links updated this weekend. Other small imrovements too. The Gallery will be brought back to 100% soon also (new members since the switch over can not post yet to the gallery -- old can though).

Timeline

On the advanced search form there is now a link to search the old archived forums :).

On the advanced search form there is now a link to search the old archived forums :).

Thanks for that, but one little question, or request really. If a member hasn't been here in a while they really don't know what content was before or after Jan 28, 2005 and the idea of two searches for the identical query is a bit troublesome, since one has to fill in the information boxes twice. Would it not be possible, instead of having two distinct fora to search, simply making a default on the Current Advanced search page which would automatically search in the Old Forum ONLY (forum 2) when a member clicks "search for posts or threads 30 days and Older"? Little drop down box selected could automatically point the search into the Old Forum. In my opinion, that would be less cumbersome and much more seamless, and eventually no one would ever be reminded that there was an Old and a New Forum.

Edited by diadromous mermaid

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Timeline

They are two completely different software installations and versions. Not really possible without extense custom modifications. :(