Captain Ewok

Post Bugs here!

1,448 posts in this topic

My bugs :blush:

but the site is running great, great work Ewok & wookie :thumbs:

post-10070-1141856077_thumb.jpg

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

There is a bug when bringing up 'My Assistant'. When you click the My Assistant link on the home page, it brings up a different window than when you click My Assistant on any other page.

G

I-129F Filing

G (USA)

L (Scotland)

2005-02-05 Sent to TSC

2005-03-02 NOA2 rcvd

2005-04-27 Medical - 3:40 pm in Edinburgh

2005-05-19 Interview - approved!!

2005-06-12 G & L fly to Florida

2005-08-20 Wedding day!!

2005-09-15 Sent AOS docs

2005-09-23 NOA1 rcvd for 485, 765, and 131

2005-11-28 AP rcvd

2006-01-03 EAD rcvd

2006-03-08 AOS interview - Success - pending FBI name check!!

2006-04-05 Rcvd the 'Welcome To America' email. Name check is done!!

2006-04-17 Green Card Received!!

2008-02-05 Sent I-751 to remove conditions

2008-02-11 I-751 received in Texas

2008-02-25 Check finally cashed!!

2008-03-19 Biometrics completed in West Palm Beach

2008-12-23 Rcvd notification of GC production

2008-12-30 Rcvd notification of confirmation letter going in the mail.

"Just as our DNA is unique, so too is our visa processing experience."

G 3/31/05

My bugs :blush:

HAHAHAHAHA good one

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

• 3 weeks later...
is there a schedule daily shutdown of the site it seems every now an then i cant connect to the web page all others are fine just this one. after about 20 minutes or so its fine again

Not that I am aware of. There is usually a msg that will come up if they are offline for upgrades etc. and that dont happen very often.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been getting it too and I agree with rch in that thread that it has to be spyware. However now that I see that Im not the only one and so many are all here in VJ........I would imagine that the source of it is within VJ somewhere. It has been driving me nuts.

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

See my post in the other thread. It is not VJ but likely something in someones signature.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I really need some technical assistance.

I'm having trouble with the animated smilies on VJ.com ...

Everyone's animated avatars and signature gifs are all working fine.

Some of the smilies in the posts - :jest:, :bonk:, :reading:, :dancing:, :protest:, :ranting:, :secret:, :dancing:, :idea:, :cry:, :ot2: and :diablo: - are still working.

None of the other smilies move anymore. I realise only some are supposed to be animated - These ones - :unsure:, :wacko:, :yes:, :dance:, :lol:, :hehe: for example, all used to move. Plus, when I open the small smilie list window that shows the complete list of available smilies, it shows the typing required but doesn't show the actual smilies themselves next to each 'word' like it used to.

It seems very odd to me that some smilies still move and yet some have stopped. I don't believe it's anything I've done - I hadn't installed anything new before this problem cropped up. So I'm asking you to see if there's anything at all that may have changed at your end. I am probably clutching at straws, but it's really bugging me now.

FYI - I use XP (with SP2) and Firefox browser v1.5.0.3 and couldn't find anything in either program that might have changed. I also tried IE and had the same problem. I also use ZoneAlarm's free version, so I tried upgrading it to the Pro version which allows you to change the settings to allow VisaJourney to use cookies, pop-ups and animations ... but that didn't help. I also tried just disabling it - nothing made any difference.

Please can you have a think ... I've tried searching online and haven't come up with any solutions.

If you can help me sort it out I would be very grateful - it's very puzzling and irritating not to be able to fix it.

All the best,

Sheila

Edited by Tex'n'Brit

All the best,

Sheila

(AKA Brit)

=======================================

Jun 01-2005: I-129F is at TSC

Sep 21-2005: K-1 Visa!

Oct 16-2005: Moved To DFW!

Oct 23-2005:
Wedding!

Mar 09-2006:
Green Card!

Mar 07-2008: I-751 (Lifting conditions) sent

Apr 17-2008: Biometrics Appt

Hi there,

Sorry - I made a mistake ... when I open the small smilie list window that shows the complete list of available smilies, it does show the images - I just hadn't expanded the window enough ... but the same animation problem shows up there.

All the best,

Sheila

Edited by Tex'n'Brit

All the best,

Sheila

(AKA Brit)

Oct 23-2005:
Wedding!

Mar 09-2006:
Green Card!

Well, there was no response from anyone about various smilies not working properly, but not to worry - all of the animations seem to be working this morning! I don't think I changed anything myself, so if you did fix something ... thank you! :thumbs: I would very much like to know if you did find something wonky ??? :unsure:

Anyway ...

All the best,

Sheila

Edited by Tex'n'Brit

All the best,

Sheila

(AKA Brit)

Oct 23-2005:
Wedding!

Mar 09-2006:
Green Card!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

captain,

I think something went borked with the .doc MIME type. They used to be recognized and you'll get the dialog asking to save or open... now you just get a bunch of junk (binary -> ASCII) dumped into the browser. For example, aussiewench's NVC timesavers here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117

has this link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums2/index.p...=post&id=356439

that i'm very very sure used to work before. Now it doesn't. I tried it with firefox 1.5.0.4 and ie 6.0.2900.2180 on Win XP (SP2).

Also, while this isn't particularly a bug, it's something that could be fixed (and probably easily!). When you click on the Embassy Info link, instead of going to the 'A' embassies, if you're logged in, it should go to the letter of your embassy.

Something like...

##
##  Determine embassy page to show
##

if((!isset($_GET['letter'])) && (isset($user['embassy'])))  {
// "intelligent" default
$embassyStartsWith = $user['embassy'][0];
}  elseif((isset($_GET['letter'])) && ((preg_match('/^[a-zA-Z]$/', $_GET['letter'])) || ($_GET['letter'] == 'ALL')))  {
// explicit selection from user
$embassyStartsWith = $_GET['letter'];
}  else  {
// fallback if we have nothing else
$embassyStartsWith = 'A';
}

just assuming how you're organizing your data... that you have a $user array with the data, and that $embassyStartsWith is the same var that is read in from the $_GET superglobal (of course the $_GET would have priority since that's the one the user clicked upon). I added a little bit of input validation on the letter URL param to help prevent XSS and the like. I noticed that if i put letter=potato in the URL, it just tells me there are no potato embassies! :lol: So it checks to see if the letter param is either a single letter or the string 'ALL'. This code assumes that the embassy data saved in the user's data structure has already been validated. Hope this is a bit of help! I was going to email this before, but I can't remember if I did or not. :P ttyl,

mich

PS - I'm away from my term now, so I can't double check the parens with vi, so if there are any bugs, those are free "features" a la Microsoft. :whistle:

Edited by phirephly

Let me show you how to get your tax returns the easy way

aussiewench's thread for kicking butt in the NVC ('cause i'm too lazy to keep looking it up - haha)

Our DS-3032 email to the NVC

02 Jan 2006 - Married

...----===::: CR-1 :::===---...

22 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

14 Jul 2006 - DS-230 Package Received by USC

We stopped pursuit of CR-1 to pursue K3/AOS. For us, both required the same document, we could only have one valid copy, and the K3 was moving faster.

See profile for the details up to and in between the events listed here.

...---===::: K3 :::===---...

17 May 2006 - Date NVC says petition shipped to embassy

18 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

01 Jul 2006 - Packet "3" received from embassy

18 Jul 2006 - Medical

21 Sept 2006 - K3 Interview Date (APPROVED)

27 Sept 2006 - Received Visa

06 Oct 2006 - Arrives in the USA! Finally home together. :)

(Truncated timeline - sig too long. See profile for all details.)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

:-p I think upgrading PHP may have broken the old forums (to a degree). The file was saved there. I will have to move the file over to the new board here which runs just fine under the version of PHP installed. I may use some of your code above, but right now the embassy page does not access the forums dB (for safety). I have tended to isolate most "tools" behind the scenes. In the next few weeks I may make some updates though :). If you have any security things you have spotted please feel free to PM me :).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
:-p I think upgrading PHP may have broken the old forums (to a degree). The file was saved there. I will have to move the file over to the new board here which runs just fine under the version of PHP installed. I may use some of your code above, but right now the embassy page does not access the forums dB (for safety). I have tended to isolate most "tools" behind the scenes. In the next few weeks I may make some updates though :). If you have any security things you have spotted please feel free to PM me :).

I thought it might have been something like that, though I suspected an apache upgrade. :P

Definitely go ahead and use it, that's why i posted it :thumbs: I see, I hadn't poked around in my VJ cookies (until now) to see what exactly you were storing as opposed to what you'd have to query. You still do at least one db lookup when you translate the vj2_member_id to a username (for the top chrome), don't you? maybe you can piggyback an extra field on that query or something. I don't know. Without seeing how everything is set up, I don't think I can give very insightful suggestions :P So I'll just leave the rest in your capable hands ;) I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know how to do... you were kickin' butt here long before i came along ;)

sounds good. it's nice the way you can just tweak here and there with php, huh? beats having to compile and roll out binaries ;) yeah, i'll definitely let you know if i see any security stuff. i was just playing around with the potato embassies. :P didn't do any sort of serious security audit. i've just been trained to think of that sor of thing when writing code - blame my employer ;) but if i do see any issues... don't worry, i'll PM you ;) you'll prolly see it in your logs way before i even tell you, though. :P thanks captain. ttyl,

mich

Let me show you how to get your tax returns the easy way

aussiewench's thread for kicking butt in the NVC ('cause i'm too lazy to keep looking it up - haha)

Our DS-3032 email to the NVC

02 Jan 2006 - Married

...----===::: CR-1 :::===---...

22 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

14 Jul 2006 - DS-230 Package Received by USC

We stopped pursuit of CR-1 to pursue K3/AOS. For us, both required the same document, we could only have one valid copy, and the K3 was moving faster.

See profile for the details up to and in between the events listed here.

...---===::: K3 :::===---...

17 May 2006 - Date NVC says petition shipped to embassy

18 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

01 Jul 2006 - Packet "3" received from embassy

18 Jul 2006 - Medical

21 Sept 2006 - K3 Interview Date (APPROVED)

27 Sept 2006 - Received Visa

06 Oct 2006 - Arrives in the USA! Finally home together. :)

(Truncated timeline - sig too long. See profile for all details.)