1,653 posts in this topic

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations, Naskah!

Thank you Inna. Looks like your application is moving pretty fast too.

Congratulations!! Anka, did you get approved? I'm suprised they scheduled interviews for 9/11.

Thai Mom

You know what kind of annoys me? The people that get interviews at least have a solid DATE they'll probably be approved. Us transfers just have to sit around and wait for that email that seems to take forever!

There are always pros and cons. My son had to hope he could get off duty, then they had to drive 300 miles one way for their interview, which isn't exactly convenient. Sometimes not having an interview is a good thing. I hope you get that email soon.

Thai Mom

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

We had our interview on the 8th and received a RFE for our medical that was missing a check in part 2!!!

Our I-130 was approved and there were no other issues with our application.....

I just wonder why this wasn't caught at the NBC...

We mailed our package on June 9th 2009.

NOA notice date: June 17th

I-130 and I-765 touched: July 1st (but not I-130)

Biometrics: July 9th CANCELLED

Biometrics: July 18th completed

I-485 & I-765 touched: July 20th & 21st

Received interview notice: August 8th

EAD production ordered: August 12th

EAD CARD received: August 17th

EAD Approval notice sent: August 17th

INTERVIEW: SEPTEMBER 8TH

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
You know what kind of annoys me? The people that get interviews at least have a solid DATE they'll probably be approved. Us transfers just have to sit around and wait for that email that seems to take forever!

There are always pros and cons. My son had to hope he could get off duty, then they had to drive 300 miles one way for their interview, which isn't exactly convenient. Sometimes not having an interview is a good thing. I hope you get that email soon.

Thai Mom

Hey, on the positive side, ROAD TRIP! :P

K-1

9-5-08 Sent I-129F via FedEx

9-13-08 NOA1

12-24-08 NOA2

6-11-09 Civil Ceremony

AOS

7-7-09 Mailed AOS

7-27-09 TRANSFERRED TO CSC

8-29-09 EAD card production ordered/AP Notice Approved

11-9-09 Green Card production ordered

11-19-09 Green Card arrived!

Nov. 2010 Vacation Ireland!

11-9-11 Removal of Conditions

Hi everybody

We had our interview today at the Dallas office in Irving and we got approved....Thank God.

I was really nervous about this whole thing but i tried to take as much evidence as i could find. Babe was so calm the whole time but i wasn't.

Anyways, this is how everything went down.

I couldn't sleep well so i was up by 6.00am. Our interview was scheduled for 9.00am and since we leave about 30min from the place, i figured leaving an hour earlier would be best. Not a good idea. The morning traffic on I-35 was insane, it was raining, so it took us a little over an hour to get there. I couldn't hold my nerves in the car....i kept going off for stupid reasons but like i said, babe was so calm.

We get there and the whole place is full of people. They have 2 lobbies, upstairs and downstairs so after the security check, we were sent upstairs. We turned in our interview letter and were handed one of those buzzers.

We waited for about 50 mins before our buzzer went off. Meanwhile, the whole time we were waiting, babe was complaining of hunger.....we didn't have breakfast coz i can't eat when im nervous and he didn't want to eat by himself. To calm my nerves, i decided to start small talk with the guy next to me....his story wasn't a good one. He told me that he had been there since 7.30am, he had been separated from his wife, and his wife was being interviewed. Theirs must have been one of those Stoke interviews that i read about. He was 39 and the wife was 26 and i guess the IO was suspicious of something. His wife came out, they took the husband in and i don't know what happened next. The wife tried to come and sit next to us but some lady stopped her....little did i know that this lady would be out interviewer.

Back to me. We got called in at about 9.50am, the IO was an older lady of about 40 something years old. She swore us in, asked for our marriage certificate, passport, Birth Certificate and IDs. She complimented my passport holder...it was pink...so i told her she can get one from Victoria's Secret....she laughed. While babe was getting everything, she asked us how we met. Babe answered that....i was still nervous so babe held my hand the whole time. She asked what places we had traveled together. We love to travel so babe had a long list of places, i kept reminding him of some places he had left out. We took a photo album so she spent sometime looking at the pics. She then asked babe if he had met my parents and it they where happy about our marriage? She then asked for things that proved we lived together.....i had put together so much stuff so she was kinda overwhelmed by the paper work. We had Joint Credit Card statements, Joint Bank Statements, Family plan phone bill, Car Insurance, affidavit from a friend, plane tickets, Electric bill. She said we had way too much info and she added that its good coz it shows your relationship is real but it may also slow down your process because they have to go through so much paper work. I didn't tell her this but i think the more the better.

She asked me what i was studying, when i told her Electrical Engineering, she was like...woow, i guess she couldn't pass her Calculus...lol She asked babe also and he told her IT. Then she started confirming the info on the I-130 and I-485, took my I-94, told me we had been approved and the whole removing conditions after.

That was it. The whole interview took about 20min and we were out by 10.20am. She also complimented my bag while she walked us out but she didn't give us any approval letter or stamps in my passport.

Thanks to everyone on VJ for the support you gave me and Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for approvals.

PS: Sorry for the long post.

Congrats to you!!

take solice in the fact that tipically speaking from what's seen on here, those who are transfered seem in the majority to get approved in faster time than those who get requested for interview. :) there were a few approvals from transfers in this thread a good time before the first few interviews happened. :) they seem to be working around a three month plus mark at the mo which is a hell of a lot better than the quoted year, I saw touted at the begining of the year. :thumbs:

Just thought I would share that I was approved at my interview On the 09-09-09 was a good experience, got my stamp for traveling just in case as well.

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Filed: Timeline

take solice in the fact that tipically speaking from what's seen on here, those who are transfered seem in the majority to get approved in faster time than those who get requested for interview. :) there were a few approvals from transfers in this thread a good time before the first few interviews happened. :) they seem to be working around a three month plus mark at the mo which is a hell of a lot better than the quoted year, I saw touted at the begining of the year. :thumbs:

Just thought I would share that I was approved at my interview On the 09-09-09 was a good experience, got my stamp for traveling just in case as well.

Thats not always the case tho .. am still waiting on mine since being transferred with no word ... and so are a few others from even before me.

Yours was done even faster than mine i was transferred on july 8

Edited by SKYWAY

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everyone!

Like some of you know, I am right now in my home country of Ukraine with my husband, so didn't have as much time as at home to look through the forum. But congrats to everyone on their cases moving along!

I wanted to share good news with you all! My parents-in-law sent me an e-mail today that I got a letter with my interview date!! FINALLY! I was already getting so nervous. It is scheduled for Oct-20. It is ways away for now, but at least now I have a specific date to look forward to and prepare for. It is almost month away from everyone else with the same timelines, but I think it might have something to do with the fact that I am on a F-1 visa, rather than K-1 visa.

My Timeline:

08/2007 - Enter the U.S. on a F1 visa to get my Master's degree. That's where I met my future husband.

02/19/2009 - Wedding

06/16/2009 - AOS Sent

06/18/2009 - Delivered. USCIS Chicago Lockbox

06/23/2009 - NoA for I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765

06/26/2009 - Appointment Notice. Biometrics appointment for 07/10/2009

07/08/2009 - RFE received (for I-864A)

07/10/2009 - Biometrics taken - USCIS Helena

07/10/2009 - RFE sent to Lee's Summit, MO

07/13/2009 - I-485, EAD, AP touched

07/16/2009 - RFE received, case processing resumed

08/03/2009 - AP approval sent

08/03/2009 - EAD card production ordered

08/04/2009 - AP touch

08/05/2009 - AP touch

08/06/2009 - AP delivered

08/06/2009 - EAD touch

08/07/2009 - EAD touch

08/10/2009 - EAD delivered

08/11/2009 - EAD touch

09/14/2009 - Letter with an interview date in the mail

10/20/2009 - Interview

yWvlm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Congrats Naksah on your approval and Penna on your interview date.

:dance::star::dance::star:

Those still lwaiting , hold on there.

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

thank you

Hi everybody

We had our interview today at the Dallas office in Irving and we got approved....Thank God.

I was really nervous about this whole thing but i tried to take as much evidence as i could find. Babe was so calm the whole time but i wasn't.

Anyways, this is how everything went down.

I couldn't sleep well so i was up by 6.00am. Our interview was scheduled for 9.00am and since we leave about 30min from the place, i figured leaving an hour earlier would be best. Not a good idea. The morning traffic on I-35 was insane, it was raining, so it took us a little over an hour to get there. I couldn't hold my nerves in the car....i kept going off for stupid reasons but like i said, babe was so calm.

We get there and the whole place is full of people. They have 2 lobbies, upstairs and downstairs so after the security check, we were sent upstairs. We turned in our interview letter and were handed one of those buzzers.

We waited for about 50 mins before our buzzer went off. Meanwhile, the whole time we were waiting, babe was complaining of hunger.....we didn't have breakfast coz i can't eat when im nervous and he didn't want to eat by himself. To calm my nerves, i decided to start small talk with the guy next to me....his story wasn't a good one. He told me that he had been there since 7.30am, he had been separated from his wife, and his wife was being interviewed. Theirs must have been one of those Stoke interviews that i read about. He was 39 and the wife was 26 and i guess the IO was suspicious of something. His wife came out, they took the husband in and i don't know what happened next. The wife tried to come and sit next to us but some lady stopped her....little did i know that this lady would be out interviewer.

Back to me. We got called in at about 9.50am, the IO was an older lady of about 40 something years old. She swore us in, asked for our marriage certificate, passport, Birth Certificate and IDs. She complimented my passport holder...it was pink...so i told her she can get one from Victoria's Secret....she laughed. While babe was getting everything, she asked us how we met. Babe answered that....i was still nervous so babe held my hand the whole time. She asked what places we had traveled together. We love to travel so babe had a long list of places, i kept reminding him of some places he had left out. We took a photo album so she spent sometime looking at the pics. She then asked babe if he had met my parents and it they where happy about our marriage? She then asked for things that proved we lived together.....i had put together so much stuff so she was kinda overwhelmed by the paper work. We had Joint Credit Card statements, Joint Bank Statements, Family plan phone bill, Car Insurance, affidavit from a friend, plane tickets, Electric bill. She said we had way too much info and she added that its good coz it shows your relationship is real but it may also slow down your process because they have to go through so much paper work. I didn't tell her this but i think the more the better.

She asked me what i was studying, when i told her Electrical Engineering, she was like...woow, i guess she couldn't pass her Calculus...lol She asked babe also and he told her IT. Then she started confirming the info on the I-130 and I-485, took my I-94, told me we had been approved and the whole removing conditions after.

That was it. The whole interview took about 20min and we were out by 10.20am. She also complimented my bag while she walked us out but she didn't give us any approval letter or stamps in my passport.

Thanks to everyone on VJ for the support you gave me and Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for approvals.

PS: Sorry for the long post.

Congrats to you!!

Thank you

Thank you. Still nothing here.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

cdneh. Still nothing for me, too. transferred to california yet no movement in the application. my noa1 was June 24.

The Lord is my strength and my shield,

My heart trusted in Him and I am helped,

therefore my heart greatly rejoices,

and with my song I will praise Him.

Psalm 28:7

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.