pedroh

More Police brutality

87 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Five police officers in Birmingham, Ala., were fired Wednesday after a video became public that shows them beating and kicking an apparently unconscious man in 2008 after a highway chase.

Chief A. C. Roper of the Birmingham Police Department called the actions “shameful,” and the state Bureau of Investigation is considering charges.

The video, filmed on Jan. 23, 2008, by a patrol car camera, showed officers chasing a suspect, Anthony Warren, who lost control of his van and was ejected from a window in the crash.

After the officers raced toward Mr. Warren, motionless on the roadside, they could be seen punching, kicking and beating him with a billy club.

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it would have been better just to stop. Maybe not, hes gonna be RICH!

Edited by ={Rogue}=

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

i saw the video..the guy was thrown from the vehicle into the air and landed in a ditch area...knocked out..

and the cops ran and started hitting him with clubs..kicking him and one cop..pounded him repeatedly with his fist....

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

You would think these cops should know they have dash cameras rolling in their cars when they do ####### like this. Most likely getting fired is just the beginning. Criminal charges will likely be forthcoming. That's the way it gotta be.

However, it's hard to have any sympathy for Mr. Warren. He deserves a good azz whipping for putting the public in danger. He could have easily killed or maimed someone with his stupid stunt.

Unfortunately before this sad tale is over, the usual suspects will have elevated Mr. Warren to hero status when the truth is that he is really a scumbag.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

brother peejay..at least wake him up...he was knocked out..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol: Sorry but I just got the image of my head of the cops tapping the guy on the shoulder and politely saying "wake up.." and then his eyes open and they beat his azz.

While the cops should not have used this kind of force on him, and those cops should be punished, this is going to boil over as a racial issue again.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

:lol: Sorry but I just got the image of my head of the cops tapping the guy on the shoulder and politely saying "wake up.." and then his eyes open and they beat his azz.

While the cops should not have used this kind of force on him, and those cops should be punished, this is going to boil over as a racial issue again.

From what I can tell from the tape, it looks like the first cop that tagged him with the billyclub was a black cop. The tape is kind of blurry, but the guy with the shaved head looks to be a black cop.

Of course the cops are in the wrong for doing this. I'm just saying I have little to no sympathy for all involved in this episode.

Remembering the Rodney King incident...when it was all said and done in that case, King was elevated into some sort of celebrity/hero status by many people when in reality the guy was really just a scumbag.

Edited by peejay

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Terrible and just wrong.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Seems to me that the police behaviour is simply mirroring the desires of a certain element of US society. The desire to punish the wicked without bothering with the time wasting judicial system and the namby pampy prison system that's just an expensive hotel that the tax payer is burdened with paying.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Seems to me that the police behaviour is simply mirroring the desires of a certain element of US society. The desire to punish the wicked without bothering with the time wasting judicial system and the namby pampy prison system that's just an expensive hotel that the tax payer is burdened with paying.

OR it mirrors the people in the united states that cant keep there emotions in check

OR it mirrors the people in the united states that cant keep there emotions in check

OR? This desire to punish in this ways is a product of the emotions overtaking rationality.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I guess it would have been better just to stop. Maybe not, hes gonna be RICH!

you got that RIGHT! that fool deserved the kickin an now hes gonna get a fvckin PAYOUT on the public dime

the popo shoulda laid in a few more kicks for GOOD MEASURE!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Five police officers in Birmingham, Ala., were fired Wednesday after a video became public that shows them beating and kicking an apparently unconscious man in 2008 after a highway chase.

Chief A. C. Roper of the Birmingham Police Department called the actions “shameful,” and the state Bureau of Investigation is considering charges.

The video, filmed on Jan. 23, 2008, by a patrol car camera, showed officers chasing a suspect, Anthony Warren, who lost control of his van and was ejected from a window in the crash.

After the officers raced toward Mr. Warren, motionless on the roadside, they could be seen punching, kicking and beating him with a billy club.

Needless to say - this sort of behaviour is totally wrong and does damage to the reputation of the entire force.