pedroh

More Police brutality

87 posts in this topic

Seems to me that the police behaviour is simply mirroring the desires of a certain element of US society. The desire to punish the wicked without bothering with the time wasting judicial system and the namby pampy prison system that's just an expensive hotel that the tax payer is burdened with paying.

OR it mirrors the people in the united states that cant keep there emotions in check

OR? This desire to punish in this ways is a product of the emotions overtaking rationality.

now thats more like something I could agree with, in such a emotionally charged moment I just couldnt see how it could of mirrored some sort of resentment of our judicial system.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Seems to me that the police behaviour is simply mirroring the desires of a certain element of US society. The desire to punish the wicked without bothering with the time wasting judicial system and the namby pampy prison system that's just an expensive hotel that the tax payer is burdened with paying.

OR it mirrors the people in the united states that cant keep there emotions in check

OR? This desire to punish in this ways is a product of the emotions overtaking rationality.

now thats more like something I could agree with, in such a emotionally charged moment I just couldnt see how it could of mirrored some sort of resentment of our judicial system.

The police should be trained to deal with stuff like this (the limits of where there authority ends) - and (as with the military) their training and recruitment programs should weed out psychos.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The police should be trained to deal with stuff like this (the limits of where there authority ends) - and (as with the military) their training and recruitment programs should weed out psychos.

They are trained to deal with that. They are however human, and as such, prone to mistakes and misjudgements.

Timeline

They are trained to deal with that. They are however human, and as such, prone to mistakes and misjudgements.

That's calling that behaviour a "mistake" or "misjudgement" is euphemistic at best. Its a total loss of emotional control.

The reality of it is that you cant prepare a cops for these intense situations that could unfold, so I dont think its necessarily a result of bad training but I dont know because I know nothing about these cops training.

Timeline

The reality of it is that you cant prepare a cops for these intense situations that could unfold, so I dont think its necessarily a result of bad training but I dont know because I know nothing about these cops training.

You can train for situations like this, and I can say that the department that I work for does. The error in the equation is human emotion.

It would be interesting to see the stats on how frequently these issues come up in different societies. I'm betting the US is rather higher on the list than they would perceive themselves to be and therefore an effective solution isn't being sought as it's seen as just 'rotten apples' in the barrel as apposed to a breakdown in either training or recruitment or something else.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline
It would be interesting to see the stats on how frequently these issues come up in different societies. I'm betting the US is rather higher on the list than they would perceive themselves to be and therefore an effective solution isn't being sought as it's seen as just 'rotten apples' in the barrel as apposed to a breakdown in either training or recruitment or something else.

But what do you use to gauge something like this? Reported cases of brutality or proven cases of brutality? Reported cases by and large are ridiculous and far fetched, and the proven cases many would argue would be biased.

So Clownroh you have do not have a problem with the moron nearly killing a police officer and endangering the lives of other people but have a problem with the police cracking and handling him aggressively.

What would have happened in Mexico? He would have accidentally fallen down some steps. And you know that.

Edited by Constellation

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Naturally, this is coming from someone like yourself who has experience in law enforcement and living in the ghettos you so staunchly defend?

Gotta love the Cleo and six, arm chair opinions. Both of you would be eaten alive in a ghetto. :lol:

Edited by Constellation

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

That's calling that behaviour a "mistake" or "misjudgement" is euphemistic at best. Its a total loss of emotional control.

I'm saying it's an aberation, not the norm. Most are trained to deal with situations just like that as they aren't infrequent. A vast majority of these situations go down as they are trained to. It is aberations like this that get blown up in the media to sensationalize it. Don't get me wrong, the officers are wrong, criminally wrong. I just dont' think you can generalize anything about police behavior or procedures from this sort of scenario.

I'm saying it's an aberation, not the norm. Most are trained to deal with situations just like that as they aren't infrequent. A vast majority of these situations go down as they are trained to. It is aberations like this that get blown up in the media to sensationalize it. Don't get me wrong, the officers are wrong, criminally wrong. I just dont' think you can generalize anything about police behavior or procedures from this sort of scenario.

This moron could have killed 10 people and the media would still have focused on the officers beating him. That is what America has become. Heck people would have cheered on in Aus and probably joined in. I haven't seen the video completely but I am guessing the criminal is black. Definitely a minority for Pedroh to kick up a fuss.

Funny how six loves to talk about the media blowing up stories but when it comes to something he agrees with, then he has no issue with the media. AKA double standards Where are the guns to blame in this one? Oh wait we are blaming the next best thing: Law enforcement

Is there any wonder why American has one of the worst crime rates in the developed world. Then again with geniuses like Almaty working in the correctional system, groups like the ALCU and pro rights liberals, it doesn't take much to see why US justice is an Epic fail.

Edited by Constellation

Timeline

:lol: Its hard to blow up a story that involves a video of cops beating an unconcious man.

Regardless of what the man did beforehand - it isn't (at all) justifiable. The police are supposed to apprehend people not dole out summary beatings.

:lol: I love the bit you added about Almaty - that's 3 degrees of baiting in a single post! Good job!

Are you not getting enough attention there BY?

Edited by Private Pike