pedroh

More Police brutality

87 posts in this topic

I'm saying it's an aberation, not the norm. Most are trained to deal with situations just like that as they aren't infrequent. A vast majority of these situations go down as they are trained to. It is aberations like this that get blown up in the media to sensationalize it. Don't get me wrong, the officers are wrong, criminally wrong. I just dont' think you can generalize anything about police behavior or procedures from this sort of scenario.

This moron could have killed 10 people and the media would still have focused on the officers beating him. That is what America has become. Heck people would have cheered on in Aus and probably joined in. I haven't seen the video completely but I am guessing the criminal is black. Definitely a minority for Pedroh to kick up a fuss.

Funny how six loves to talk about the media blowing up stories but when it comes to something he agrees with, then he has no issue with the media. AKA double standards Where are the guns to blame in this one? Oh wait we are blaming the next best thing: Law enforcement

Is there any wonder why American has one of the worst crime rates in the developed world. Then again with geniuses like Almaty working in the correctional system, groups like the ALCU and pro rights liberals, it doesn't take much to see why US justice is an Epic fail.

Not that it matters but you talk as though you come from a country where the system is brutal and ignores re rehabilitation and all those 'namby pamby' liberal ideals. Or perhaps there simply aren't any of 'this kind of criminal' in Australia? :lol:

Anyway, I guess the corrections system can look forward to your job application any day now can they?

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Its hard to blow up a story that involves a video of cops beating an unconcious man.

Regardless of what the man did beforehand - it isn't (at all) justifiable. The police are supposed to apprehend people not dole out summary beatings.

:lol: I love the bit you added about Almaty - that's 3 degrees of baiting in a single post! Good job!

Are you not getting enough attention there BY?

No baiting at all. Call it like it is.

You and Cleo love to sit in the confort of your shitty homes and condemn anyone who is trying to make a difference.

How about you two go out and work in South Central and various parts of Jersey, that are crime ridden, and then come back and tell me why the police would blow up?

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Anyway, I guess the corrections system can look forward to your job application any day now can they?

You are the one who is so critical of law enforcement. How about you go and use your 'ideals' to apprehend these criminals?

But we both know you will not. Cleo I have work, lived, hang out with your type. You talk a big game but never walk the talk. Instead of being critical go out there for a week in South Central and then come tell me how wrong these police officers are.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

:lol:

I am not a 'type' BY, nor do I have a downer on law enforcement. How you came to that conclusion is anyone's guess. Rules, as they say are rules and everyone needs to abide by them, including law enforcement and the criminal justice system. Or, perhaps you would like to live in a police state, like, Australia :lol:

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Kicking someone's head in on the floor = "making a difference"

All righty then.... :unsure:

PS: I bet you have a secret fantasy in your mind where you're Batman, dont you ;)

No six. I am just tired of seeing criminals get away with crime, again and again, while police officers are basically stoned.

Same goes with the education system where parents can abuse, neglect and harm their kids and get away with it, daily. now to the contrary, the second a teacher cracks and lets say tapes a kids mouth, who won't shut up to set an example, the media and people jump on it like they have discovered some sort of cover up / conspiracy. And demand her death.

Just yesterday there where four people killed in the evening (5pm) in DC. You could even see the capital from where they were killed. Now if a white police officer had arrested a minority and they could someone show it was racially oriented, people would cry murder.

This moronic attitude towards people of authority, while turning a blind eye to the actual criminals is why the country is a bloody joke.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Kicking someone's head in on the floor = "making a difference"

All righty then.... :unsure:

PS: I bet you have a secret fantasy in your mind where you're Batman, dont you ;)

No six. I am just tired of seeing criminals get away with crime, again and again, while police officers are basically stoned.

Same goes with the education system where parents can abuse, neglect and harm their kids and get away with it, daily. now to the contrary, the second a teacher cracks and lets say tapes a kids mouth, who won't shut up to set an example, the media and people jump on it like they have discovered some sort of cover up / conspiracy. And demand her death.

Just yesterday there where four people killed in the evening (5pm) in DC. You could even see the capital from where they were killed. Now if a white police officer had arrested a minority and they could someone show it was racially oriented, people would cry murder.

This moronic attitude towards people of authority, while turning a blind eye to the actual criminals is why the country is a bloody joke.

None of which relates to this story and none of which justifies police officers beating an unconcious man.

TANGENT ALERT!

:lol:

I am not a 'type' BY, nor do I have a downer on law enforcement. How you came to that conclusion is anyone's guess. Rules, as they say are rules and everyone needs to abide by them, including law enforcement and the criminal justice system. Or, perhaps you would like to live in a police state, like, Australia :lol:

Their laws seem to be working well for them, including the UK. Can the same be said for the US? Furthermore, if was to go onto any UK based forum and throw out this suggestion that the United States law enforcement system is better than the UK or any other country, I would probably be bashed through the PC. Even when not considering opinions, the crime rates speak for themselves.

You are right though in terms of police. Our police don't have cameras to monitor their every move. Instead they have the power and right to do their job. That is, to serve and protect the good honest people. Once again, the crime rate speaks for itself. As does their rank in the standard of living and human development index.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Post with pejorative, antagonizing comment and post quoting same removed.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

None of which relates to this story and none of which justifies police officers beating an unconcious man.

TANGENT ALERT!

Six I'm not going to play the Steven game. Where he wants you to agree or disagree on the op.

It is called attitude and a societies priorities. Downudner we back our police unless there is gross negligence; as would the government. While yes these police officers would have been disciplined, they would not have been fired or prosecuted for overacting. That is, when considering that the criminal nearly killed an officer of the state, if he had been a few inches to the left, and when factoring his gross negligence and disregard for the life of otherother innocent bystanders he could have killed too.

Edited by Constellation

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

TANGENT ALERT!

Six I'm not going to play the Steven game. Where he wants you to agree or disagree on the op.

It is called attitude and a societies priorities. Downudner we back our police unless there is gross negligence; as would the government. While yes these police offices would have been disciplined, they would not have been fired or prosecuted for overacting. That is ,when considering that the criminal nearly killed an officer of the state, if he had been a few inches to the left, and that he could have killed other innocent bystanders because of his recklessness.

Again - this has nothing to do with this story, nor does it justify police officers beating an unconscious man (even if in your own mind it does).

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Police brutality videos are always sensationalized in the media. Officers are trained, educated and expected to know better, to act with a higher level of decorum than criminals or other people. So when they themselves break the law, there are many who are still shocked by this. But, at the end of the day, you gotta realize what you're doing, or at least remember that the cameras are rolling :rofl: