pedroh

More Police brutality

87 posts in this topic

Police brutality videos are always sensationalized in the media. Officers are trained, educated and expected to know better, to act with a higher level of decorum than criminals or other people. So when they themselves break the law, there are many who are still shocked by this. But, at the end of the day, you gotta realize what you're doing, or at least remember that the cameras are rolling :rofl:

They're only human though.

If anyone of us saw someone nearly kill our spouse, child or another human being, would we just sit there and stay calm. Especially if it was because some moron person being grossly negligent and basically saying I don't care about your loved ones life. Heck no. I would take the law into my own hand.

Obviously certain posters here would sit down and have a cup of tea with them.

Edited by Constellation

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

I am not a 'type' BY, nor do I have a downer on law enforcement. How you came to that conclusion is anyone's guess. Rules, as they say are rules and everyone needs to abide by them, including law enforcement and the criminal justice system. Or, perhaps you would like to live in a police state, like, Australia :lol:

Their laws seem to be working well for them, including the UK. Can the same be said for the US? Furthermore, if was to go onto any UK based forum and throw out this suggestion that the United States law enforcement system is better than the UK or any other country, I would probably be bashed through the PC. Even when not considering opinions, the crime rates speak for themselves.

You are right though in terms of police. Our police don't have cameras to monitor their every move. Instead they have the power and right to do their job. That is, to serve and protect the good honest people. Once again, the crime rate speaks for itself. As does their rank in the standard of living and human development index.

Australia is not a police state, the police do not have the authority to brutalize suspects and a police officer caught doing something like that would be disciplined, probably fired. Explain then, why in the US it's perfectly fine for police officers behave in this way? What is the cause and effect going on here?

Somehow you seem to think that a higher crime rate requires law enforcement to throw off acceptable behaviour and indulge in thuggery.

The mind boggles.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Ah, I see, there is a different class of criminal in Australia. Criminals in the US are altogether worse than anywhere else, is that it?

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think BY was traumatised by Mad Max and Romper Stomper. Perhaps that explains why he's thinks fictionalised film violence should be heavily censored/outlawed while giving an unconscious man a kicking is to be praised :wacko:

Australia is not a police state, the police do not have the authority to brutalize suspects and a police officer caught doing something like that would be disciplined, probably fired. Explain then, why in the US it's perfectly fine for police officers behave in this way? What is the cause and effect going on here?

Somehow you seem to think that a higher crime rate requires law enforcement to throw off acceptable behaviour and indulge in thuggery.

The mind boggles.

I am not justifying the behavior. Under the circumstances, it is understandable and I would not have fired them. Put them on administrative leave and retrained them yes but not fired them. Based on the person's opinion (who was he the chief) he was clearly trying to set an example because of racially motivated incidents that occurred a number of decades ago. Governments should not be run on emotion or prior experiences.

If only people had the same zeal towards finding out why so many of their 'brothers' are involved in crime and why they feel they have the right to be negligent and even take other people's lives. Source: any American crime statistic. But no, we would rather still play the rights / race / police out to get me game. Hence why you have shootings during the daytime, in a city of 600,000 like DC; within range of the capital and whitehouse. While in a city like Melbourne, a city of 4 million, you don't even have 1/10,000 of the crime.

Ah, I see, there is a different class of criminal in Australia. Criminals in the US are altogether worse than anywhere else, is that it?

Refer above to second paragraph.

Edited by Constellation

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

It was caught on video - what do you expect would happen? The mayor giving them the keys to the city? How about a Presidential commendation?

Perhaps they should have added a "you've been framed" canned laughter track to the video to prompt people how to react "appropriately" to it :wacko:

You have not demonstrated the cause and effect BY. You have attributed them as you see fit mostly by demonizing a visibly distinctive section of society. That's not scientific, and it's not rational and it serves no one well.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Police brutality videos are always sensationalized in the media. Officers are trained, educated and expected to know better, to act with a higher level of decorum than criminals or other people. So when they themselves break the law, there are many who are still shocked by this. But, at the end of the day, you gotta realize what you're doing, or at least remember that the cameras are rolling :rofl:

They're only human though.

If anyone of us saw someone nearly kill our spouse, child or another human being, would we just sit there and stay calm. Especially if it was because some moron person being grossly negligent and basically saying I don't care about your loved ones life. Heck no. I would take the law into my own hand.

Obviously certain posters here would sit down and have a cup of tea with them.

They may be human, but they are police officers. They are paid well and trained well to do so, and live up to the expectations of an officer. That is why they have such an extensive selection process.

You have not demonstrated the cause and effect BY. You have attributed them as you see fit mostly by demonizing a visibly distinctive section of society. That's not scientific, and it's not rational and it serves no one well.

Their actions speak for themselves. You cannot blame that on me. There are lots of people from other ethnicities who come here dirt poor yet don't turn to gangs and crime. they become doctors lawyer and well rounded law abiding citizens.

Even though the evidence is undeniable it's hard to understand why anyone chooses to cover it up and defend it. It is what it is.

The only people responsible for the crime rate are those carrying out the crime.

Edited by Constellation

It was caught on video - what do you expect would happen? The mayor giving them the keys to the city? How about a Presidential commendation?

Perhaps they should have added a "you've been framed" canned laughter track to the video to prompt people how to react "appropriately" to it :wacko:

So why don't you go out there or send your spouse out there to uphold the law. I would like to see how you would react under similar circumstances if someone nearly killed you or your spouse. Any idiot can sit here and say bad bad police.

Edited by Constellation

In general I totally agree with you RobandMel. Most police officers are exemplary and a credit to their uniforms and society. That being said, it does no harm to look at what happens when things go wrong and see if there are measures that can be put in place to prevent recurrence.

Anecdotaly it appears to happen more here than where I come from, and that's not because there is a lack of available cctv or citizens with cell phones 'monitoring' the police going about their business.

Timeline

So why don't you go out there or send you spouse out there to uphold the law. I would like to see how you would react under similar circumstances if someone nearly killed you or your spouse. Any idiot can sit here and say bad bad police.

Another tangent - that relates to nothing I wrote above.

But I am wonder why you don't "walk the walk" - After all you're the one who said you'd clean up MS-13 "high noon" style. You haven't done it, neither has your wife - why not?

And if not - why are asking me to do it?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
In general I totally agree with you RobandMel. Most police officers are exemplary and a credit to their uniforms and society. That being said, it does no harm to look at what happens when things go wrong and see if there are measures that can be put in place to prevent recurrence.

Anecdotaly it appears to happen more here than where I come from, and that's not because there is a lack of available cctv or citizens with cell phones 'monitoring' the police going about their business.

interpret that to mean GUNS :P

Their actions speak for themselves. You cannot blame that on me. There are lots of people from other ethnicities who come here dirt poor yet don't turn to gangs and crime. they become doctors lawyer and well rounded law abiding citizens.

Even though the evidence is undeniable it's hard to understand why anyone chooses to cover it up and defend it. It is what it is.

The only people responsible for the crime rate are those carrying out the crime.

As we have amply demonstrated in the past, incarceration rates amongst these people who are visibly different are indeed higher. What is disputed is the reason for this. In your opinion it's because they are simply more inclined to thuggery and in mine well, let's just say I don't buy that bullshit.

interpret that to mean GUNS :P

It's plausible but I don't know. Police officers do not routinely carry guns even yet on the mainland (they do in NI) and yet they manage to arrest people quite successfully. Make of that what one will.