idocare

Where's everybody at.......

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello,

I have been a member on this site for a while, and I enjoyed reading posting from everyone that was waiting for their spouse to get approved around the same time I was and I followed everyones posting about their husbands arriving into the U.S. but now I no longer see many posting from people that got married in the middle or later in the year of 2004. If that's you and you read this posting do let us know how you and your husband are doing and what's going on in your life presently Thanks in advance, Karen

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were married in August 2004, and will be lifting conditions this October. Sadly we've moved from New Jersey to New Mexico, so we'll be going through Texas. (Boo!) The good news is that the Albuquerque DO is apparently super-fast at processing citizenship applications, when we get around to that step.

Oops! I'm an idiot. We were married in July 2004, it's just that we filed AOS in August.

There's not really much reason to post during that two-year period, is there? I post sometimes, but it's not like I have any reason to be on here all the time the way I did when I was going through the AOS process.

Edited by sparkofcreation

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We got married in June 2006, got green card in February 2006 and we are waiting to lift the conditional GC this November. Sometimes we drop by to see what's happening and how everybody's doing...giving advices if necessary...Thanks to this website, we can learn from each other's experiences for mutual benefits.

-I-129F:

May 27th, 2003 NOA1

November 25th, 2003 NOA2

December 4th, 2003 received Packet 3

December 25th, 2003 send Packet 3 back to the US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City.

April 6th, 2004 Interview for K-1 visa.

April 6th, 2004 Got K-1 visa. Phew!

June 1st, 2004 Wedding in Vietnam.

June 4th, headed back to the USA.

June 26th, went to Old Courthouse of Santa Ana (CA) to get marriage license.

July 14th, 2004 received certified copy of marriage license.

-I-485, I-765:

July 20th, 2004 mailed AOS, EAD to SA Sub Office, CA.

July 22th, AOS package arrived at SA Sub Office.

Sept. 23th, fingerprint and biometrics (appointment letter with receipt).

Sept. 24th, EAD obtained.

Feb. 22nd, 2005, AOS interview (approuvé ,I-551 stamp)

March 4th, 2005, "Welcome to the USA" letter. (NOA)

March 7th, 2005, received REAL green card (3/4 pic)

AOS interview experience @ SA Sub Office

.png

Sorry to see your situation perhaps didn't turn out so well - looking at your timeline?

We got married in October 2004, AOS approved in April 2005, Green Card received in May 2005 and will be looking to remove conditions in Feb 2007

Edited by perfect

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi,

I am sorry that it didn't work out.

I also check in on VJ from time to time. We got married in December 2004 and my wife received her conditional GC in November so we will be doing the removal of condition in August '07.

We are now in the second year of our marriage and have adjusted quite well.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

We were married in September 2004. David (hubby) and his son Chris (K-2) had their successful AOS interviews in August 2005. We've gone through the normal adjustments that have ranged from hugging and kissing to wanting to strangle each other :blush: but have adapted very well and we are very happy. :luv:

David began working full-time in March 2005, switched to part-time earlier this year. After his arrival here, he discovered there is a great market for vintage Japanese bikes. He spent his entire life riding, racing, and learning about them, so he was like a kid in a candy store. After an accumulation of (I think :unsure: I dare not ask :P ) fourteen motorcycles (kept in our garage...for which there is no room for our car :lol: ), he decided he wanted to pursue a business. He began selling on ebay and ultimately opened an ebay store, and has rented a workshop area closeby so he can expand by building parts and bikes. (No, there still isn't room for our car yet ;) ). He is in heaven. He also still wants to race a bit :o I wish he had a better record of remaining upright on the darned things so that I could feel better about it :lol:

David's daughter, Dawn, decided to remain in England (the morning they were leaving for the US!!!! :o ) and David really missed her since he never felt they had a proper goodbye. She came for a visit last fall for a couple of weeks and we all had a wonderful time. He seemed to finally have that closure he never felt and is glad she seems happy and is doing well.

Chris had a rougher time adapting to life in the US, and was close to going back to England about four months after living here. We had a long talk with him and explained that he may just be going through a phase and to try to have patience and stick with it. Shortly after, he received his EAD, a couple of friends came to visit, he made new friends here, began working. Now, it doesn't seem he is looking back. He went back to England in December last year for a few weeks and was glad to come home to the US. He seems to love it here now, and is currently living with a couple of friends in another city for a few months (leaving David and me alllll alone ;) ) and looking forward to another visit from two of his other friends from England. He has thought of getting into the travel field in the near future...a great idea, I think, at his age and untethered the world is his oyster and it would be fantastic to see as much of it as he can.

As for me, I was a victim of a reduction-in-force at my company in November 2005. I had nearly 29 1/2 years with the company so was fortunately eligible for early retirement. My financial advisor has arranged a comfortable sum that I receive every two weeks, that is at least enough to cover nearly everything. Since then, I have found out that the company I used to work for revamped all benefits and severance packages and learned that I was very lucky to have left when I did. For now, I am enjoying my retirement...doing things I never had time to do before....painting, scrapbooking, stained glass to name a few. Depending on how long it takes David's business to be viable enough I might get a part-time job, but not unless we're desperate. :D I got a nice severance package and unemployment for a while, so we are doing fine at the moment (if he stops buying bikes!!! :whistle: )

I do still post occasionally, normally only to assist when I can answer a question (or unless someone gets a burr in my bonnet :P ). After all the time David spent getting up in the middle of the night, with hardly any sleep, to be online with me he wants nothing to do with a computer. :lol: I take care of the "computer side" of his ebay store...listing items, corresponding, and shipping, so he normally only uses the computer to look for more bikes to buy. :reading:

Life is great, though...the visa process seems soooooo very long ago and the memories of not having David with me have faded, but will never go away totally. Every day I am thankful for this wonderful man (L) that gave up everything to come here and be with me. I think having to go through what we did makes us less likely to take each other for granted. Putting together our scrapbook tugs at the tendrils of those memories of separation, but also makes me realize what beautiful new memories we already have since we have been together.

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

...deleted double post...stupid computer...no wonder David hates it :lol:

Edited by pj1959us

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good to hear that everyone's adjusting in much the same way we are!

We were married in July 2004 and with the shenanigans our lawyer put us through, finally got my AOS completed in May 2005. We'll be back on the USCIS bandwagon in February of next year (believe it or not, it's on my calendar!)

Good luck to everyone else in the same boat too :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

hmm we were married in June 2004, got our AOS last week - May 26, 2006 - so have just started the 2 year conditional status. It is still a bit frustrating to see people who were married after we were who get to adjust their status 1 1/2 years before we do:-). We will have been married nearly 4 years when we finally get to adjust - and I will still have to wait another year to apply for citizenship. Oh well, enough venting - glad to hear everyone's doing well. We are, too.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

All has been going very well for us...we've been pretty lucky :D

The schedule is in my timeline but I should add that Misho has adjusted extremely well. He very quickly accepted that it's different here and we've been enjoying that we're together. He's working a few part time jobs now and trying to transfer his university credits here. It seems almost impossible at this point but we'll see!

So I'm finally compiling the evidence packet for lifting conditions! I did kind of drop off VJ for awhile but I visit every now and then to check on my contemporaries. I'd still love to connect with other Bulgarians (by marriage or natives) but there are very few on VJ

Met Misho in Cabo San Lucas, August 3, 2003

Many trips back to Cabo, August-September, 2003

Xmas/Kolda in Bulgaria, December-January, 2004

Civil Ceremony in Sofia, Bulgaria September 8th

Appointment to file I-130 September 10, 2004. Approved!!!

Wedding Celebration with family & friends September 12, 2004

Flight back to San Diego September 14th...waiting....

Misho's VISA interview October 8th

We bought the ticket! Misho arrives October 14th!

Home together!

I-751 mailed August 15, 2006

Check cashed August 28, 2006

I-767C, Notice of Action recevied

Biometrics Appointment September 12, 2006

Approved! 10 Year Greencard received December 27, 2006

Our Wedding

April 19, 2008- Learned he was a liar, cheater and religious fanatic in that order. Filed for divorce May 2008

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

we were married in nov. 2004. approved for AOS in may 2006. we will applying for lifting conditions in march 2008. what documents we should be collecting????

i-751 filed at CSC

NOA received dated March7, 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

we married feb 04, CPR in july 04,..Am sending in I-751 packet this week...

Jodee

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

We were married in May 2004 and filing this August. Collecting the papers together seems like second nature so it's not really a problem...just another dent in the bank balance :rolleyes: I'm going to file for citizenship as soon as I am able to avoid the immigration ####### all over again. Actually, we plan to move back to the UK as soon as I get it so I can go back to school again ;) Looking at some time in 2008...hopefully :thumbs:

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Hello,

I have been a member on this site for a while, and I enjoyed reading posting from everyone that was waiting for their spouse to get approved around the same time I was and I followed everyones posting about their husbands arriving into the U.S. but now I no longer see many posting from people that got married in the middle or later in the year of 2004. If that's you and you read this posting do let us know how you and your husband are doing and what's going on in your life presently Thanks in advance, Karen

I remember you. :yes: I'm very sorry to hear how things have worked out for you. (F):( I remember you posting in some threads with me, while we both were waiting for interview dates for our guys.

We've been married since Sept 18, 2004. But we are not scheduled to file for lifting of conditions until next July(07). The reason is because our local office is slow moving, and Sujeet did not get his greencard interview until Oct 19 2005. So Oct 19, 2007 the conditional GC will expire. Some local offices take awhile to schedule the AOS interview, so not all who were married in 2004 will be able to lift conditions this year. By the time we can lift them, he will have been here almost 3 years. :)

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.