bjejelola.isscamr

Age Difference

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok, so me and my husband watched a show today about 'cougars'......not the animal.......it was concerning older women, younger men. I remember seeing a thread about this way back when, but I couldn't find it again. My husband is 33. I am 5 years older than him. I feel like we are the same age as far as maturity and looks go. (sometimes I even still get carded :thumbs: ) We thoroughly discussed the age difference when we first met and he told me that it is 'all about maturity and finding someone that you are compatible with'. He said age is just a number. He told me that there are some men that will not date an older woman because in his culture an older woman might be more likely to 'double date'. By that he means "cheating". I'm not so sure if I can agree with that theory...but who am I to question his thinking? He has now turned his attention to his video game to play soccer (any surprises there?)....and did I mention he's 33? hahaha.

so I now ask........are there any major age differences between you and your SO? And what is your SO's feeling on age??

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Age is just a number.

My husband and I have a 12 year age difference. No issues.

To me, cougars are women intentionally targeting younger men at bars and other social places. Significantly younger men.

What do they call men who do that? Oh, yah, that's right....studs. Double standard #######.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm 11 years older (41) than my wife (30). Age has not been an issue for us. I think maturity and similar life experiences make more of a difference than the actual number.

Edited by Jabberwocky

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Age is just a number.

My husband and I have a 12 year age difference. No issues.

To me, cougars are women intentionally targeting younger men at bars and other social places. Significantly younger men.

What do they call men who do that? Oh, yah, that's right....studs. Double standard #######.

:rofl: So true.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

We also have an 11 yr age diffence, me being older. We did not even know each other's ages until I was filling out the K1 paperwork and asked him his birthdate.... :blush: I was briefly in shock and then remembered my parents have a 15 yr difference (dad is older) and said oh well and carried on. Best decision I made. :thumbs: As long as you enjoy the same things and have some common ground, like any other relationship, I don't think age should matter to a point. As someone else said though, the cougars are 40+ yr old women who intentionally target 20ish yr old men. I could NOT date someone my children's age :no: But that is me. To each his own.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My hubby is 10 years younger than me. Its not an issue because he is wise in life.

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

My personal preference is for men older than me or about the same age-- and not significantly older if they are older. My husband is a year and 8 months older than me. He wanted someone who was 2 years +/- either way, but mostly his age. He was 29 when we met and I was 27. He thinks about women who are 20+ years older than him like his mother and comments on them as such. He doesn't like young girls as he finds them annoying. I am more or less the same way-- I don't miond older individuals as friends, btu as far as what I am attracted to-- no, and that doesn't mean there aren't some very attractive people-- it's just my personal preference. Good thing we're not all attracted to the same thing or else only one person would have a marriage in this world with one other, and we'd all be stuck wishing. Variety makes the world go 'round. I don't care what other people do, it's just not for us. Our situation may not be for other people either-- and that's fine with me!

Edited by julianna

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I am 7 years older then my hubby... I have never felt older then him though.... he is very mature for his age... he is 26, almost 27 and I am 34..

I met him when he was 20/21 and I was 27..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
well .. the big question is ....

do the parts fit ?

They ALL fit. What's the big deal with size??

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
well .. the big question is ....

do the parts fit ?

They ALL fit. What's the big deal with size??

:unsure: ??

"Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.

~John Fitzgerald Kennedy~

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there."

~Jalal ad-Din Rumi~

Filed: Timeline

My fiancé is eight and a half years younger than me (he's turning 39 next week, I'll turn 48 in mid-December). A negligible difference, seen as we were even born in the same decade, and I look considerably younger (or so everybody tells me :D ). Moreover, there are other peculiarities to our situation.. He's the one who was married and had children (three, and his marriage lasted 10 years), while I have never even lived with someone (though I was in at least one long-term relationship in the past). Needless to say, his life experience is at least as extensive as mine, and probably even more so. I've had other relationships with younger men, but it was at a different time in my life, when the gap was more noticeable. Nowadays it's a non-issue, except for those idiots (and there are quite a few here in Italy) who wonder why a man his age doesn't go looking for 'fresher' meat. Oh, well :angry: ...