Marlita

C-Section or Not

155 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
charles why am i not surprised to find u here

i'm everywhere! :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...well when you can pull a watermelon out of your ####### you can tell us how to take care of ourselves during pregnancy and childbirth. :bonk:

How dare you, I am the armchair commander of pregnancies and childbirth!

:lol: :lol: man you kill me

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
It was highly frowned upon in my classes, so I chose not to expose her to it.

I didn't go nine months avoiding caffiene, avoiding meds etc..just to take a drug during childbirth.

The first 3 months are the key time here, when the baby is developing. After that paracetamol (acetaminophen) is fine to use in pregnancy as a pain killer. Pregnant women are told to avoid many things during pregnancy as it could affect the child's development. At birth, taking drugs won't affect this any longer and it is only really pethidine that will make the child sleepy. Everything else is fun, especially the gas. Man, that was good stuff. :lol:

And sleepy babies = quiet time. Something that your life will be lacking for a VERY long time.

I didn't go nine months avoiding caffiene, avoiding meds etc..just to take a drug during childbirth.

There's no need for that either.

Do you HAVE kids??? :o

I have parents.

Ok...well when you can pull a watermelon out of your ####### you can tell us how to take care of ourselves during pregnancy and childbirth. :bonk:

to date, you can comment only on the pregnancy part. but soon, soon the later :whistle:

btw when is your delivery date?

August 30!!!! :dance:

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Come on, Wacken. That's a little harsh. I'm sure Marlita wasn't "starting" anything.

That is the exact attitude though that I despise. It is the implication that women should just suck it up and slog through their highest purpose. It is rooted in the idea that the pain is somehow deserved. Think Adam and Eve for a moment. If this were a kidney stone, the attitude would be different. But if it is childbirth, it is mostly in her head or she is somehow not woman enough to take it. She was a 'wuss'. Come on.

:blink: WHAT? It was a joke!!! Obviously childbirth is painful. I dont think any woman would say its not. Thats why the use of the word "wuss" was so obviously a joke. I am guessing you're not a jokey type person to not have gotten that.

Come on, Wacken. That's a little harsh. I'm sure Marlita wasn't "starting" anything.

That is the exact attitude though that I despise. It is the implication that women should just suck it up and slog through their highest purpose. It is rooted in the idea that the pain is somehow deserved. Think Adam and Eve for a moment. If this were a kidney stone, the attitude would be different. But if it is childbirth, it is mostly in her head or she is somehow not woman enough to take it. She was a 'wuss'. Come on.

I took "wuss" as sister making fun of sister and did not read some deeper and hidden meaning into it going all the way back to Adam and Eve. Sometimes a joke is just a joke.

OMG!! Exactly! It was a sisterly joke and I said it to my sister all the time during her pregnancy she even said it about herself cause she knows she's a "wuss" when it comes to ANY pain. A headache to her is the end all be all of life, haha.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Considering I am about to experience my fourth c-section, I would say that if you can have the baby vaginally, you should. It is a personal choice, but the recovery is SOO much faster and easier with a vaginal birth than a c-section. I know other people would disagree, but... if I could have had them vaginally, I would have. I am happy that I have my baby's birth already scheduled. (6 weeks from this coming Tuesday)

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NOA1: 5/23/2008

NOA2: 9/12/2008

NVC:

They received: 9/24/2008

Case Complete: 12/1/2008

Interview: 03/24/2009

Received approved visa (after RFE in interview): 04/21/2009

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The first 3 months are the key time here, when the baby is developing. After that paracetamol (acetaminophen) is fine to use in pregnancy as a pain killer. Pregnant women are told to avoid many things during pregnancy as it could affect the child's development. At birth, taking drugs won't affect this any longer and it is only really pethidine that will make the child sleepy. Everything else is fun, especially the gas. Man, that was good stuff. :lol:

And sleepy babies = quiet time. Something that your life will be lacking for a VERY long time.

Thank you Mags, my point exactly.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

There's no need for that either.

Do you HAVE kids??? :o

I have parents.

to date, you can comment only on the pregnancy part. but soon, soon the later :whistle:

btw when is your delivery date?

August 30!!!! :dance:

i'm off to go update the calendar!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I ended up having a c-section even though I planned on having an all natural birth and everything. I wouldn't elect to have a c-section for a first pregnancy unless there was a big medical risk to do it naturally. I also planned on not having an epidural. My attitude on that has changed too. I was in bad labor for 36 hours + before I got my epidural at 7cms. My back labor was really bad. Oh how I wish I could have gotten the epidural at 2cm!! But they wouldn't keep me at the hospital. And then I still had to have a c-section after all that, not because Kavi was big but for other reasons(water broke earlier, meconium present, no progression, decels in baby's heartbeat during strong contractions, etc). At the moment I just wanted it over with and was happy to get the c-section and be done with labor. But the next day or two I became an emotional mess. It was harder healing from than I thought it would be, or I just didn't expect to feel so out of it afterwards. I guess long labor before the c-section is what causes the extreme exhaustion afterwards. I wouldn't chose a c-section just for the heck of it. However, after reading stories of regular births also not being easy, I agree with others who said there isn't an easy way to go about it. And women rule for being the ones who have to go through it! :P I was so jealous of my husband while I was in labor, him not being in any pain!!! I wasn't mean to him though. (I wasn't one of those screaming mean women in labor. :P )

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Timeline
It was highly frowned upon in my classes, so I chose not to expose her to it.

Yeah, I was told I could take Tylenol, and I did sparingly. This was 11 years ago, and "they" could've been wrong, I couldn't take a chance lol

And my daughter slept 8 hours a night after two weeks. :lol:

It's not for everyone and I don't judge those who use meds during childbirth, just a personal choice for me.

I ended up having a c-section even though I planned on having an all natural birth and everything. I wouldn't elect to have a c-section for a first pregnancy unless there was a big medical risk to do it naturally. I also planned on not having an epidural. My attitude on that has changed too. I was in bad labor for 36 hours + before I got my epidural at 7cms. My back labor was really bad. Oh how I wish I could have gotten the epidural at 2cm!! But they wouldn't keep me at the hospital. And then I still had to have a c-section after all that, not because Kavi was big but for other reasons(water broke earlier, meconium present, no progression, decels in baby's heartbeat during strong contractions, etc). At the moment I just wanted it over with and was happy to get the c-section and be done with labor. But the next day or two I became an emotional mess. It was harder healing from than I thought it would be, or I just didn't expect to feel so out of it afterwards. I guess long labor before the c-section is what causes the extreme exhaustion afterwards. I wouldn't chose a c-section just for the heck of it. However, after reading stories of regular births also not being easy, I agree with others who said there isn't an easy way to go about it. And women rule for being the ones who have to go through it! :P I was so jealous of my husband while I was in labor, him not being in any pain!!! I wasn't mean to him though. (I wasn't one of those screaming mean women in labor. :P )

Wow, sounds rough. Yes there are times when it's necessary. My first birth was 16 hours. Second was only 3, so I had it fairly easy compared to you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Every womans birth experience is so very different. I have had 3 children and what is considered easy labors.

In all 3 cases by the time I felt uncomfortable enough to say I thought it was "time" the baby was well on its way to being born including one where the doctor only had time for his gloves and not the rest of the gown. Conversely my daughter was screaming as soon as the whole thing started. I have also had to have surgery that required a c section like incision and I will take labor over that any day.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
C-Section! Who wants a stretched vag?

I think I'm back to normal down there. I made sure that Doc gave me an extra stitch after that 9lbs baby. hubby confirmed- he can't tell the difference. :lol:

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008