elwintro

Clarification on IMBRA Recall

109 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

If this is about a marriage broker shouldn't all the other K1s still move on smoothly?

You'd think so..but one or more of the people here who've had a recall didnt meet thru an IMB

I have really no idea whats going on - and I suspect the people at the sharp end - the Embassies - dont either.

Hopefully someone will be able to make a definitive statement on what WILL happen, not what 'should but doesn't' or 'what shouldn't but has'

I just got off the phone with a very helpful person on the USCIS customer service line.

As far as the USCIS is aware, there hasn't been a mass recall, but they said there have been several reports of this happening, and they expect to have a definitive answer for me tomorrow. She told me to call back around noon tomorrow or watch the website for updates as they finish looking into the reports.

If I get any more definitive answers tomorrow, I'll post them here ASAP.

Where on the website are you watching?

The journey begins...got the package together sent FedEx OV 2/22/06

Packet received in VT Center 10:53 AM Signed by G.Merrihew 2/23/06

Packet returned, check made out for the wrong amount, I feel stupid :( 3/4/06

New check made out, given to Fedex today but will go out Monday morning 3/6/06

Packet received SECOND time signed by same person at 11:00 am, please God let this be it! 3/7/06

NOA 1-------------------------3/8/06

Check cashed----------------3/9/06

Touched----------------------3/21/06

NO2 approved electronically!!!!!!!!!------3/22/06

Touched, I guess they mailed the petition out today-------3/23/06

NVC sent out approved petition!!! YAYYYYYYYY-------------3/27/06

Packet 3 received by my fiance----------------------------4/9/06

Medical appnt.------------------------------------------4/10/06

Packet 3 sent back-----------4/14/06

Interview Date Given for MAY 15------------------4/24/06 Interview cancelled 5/11/06

Case reopened by VSC---7/13/06

Touched-------------------7/14/06

Touched------------------7/15/06

RFE Update!!!!----------7/17/06

RFE Sent back---------7/22/06

RFE Update Online----7/26/06

Touched---------------7/27/06

Touched--------------7/28/06

Touched-------------7/29/06

Touched------------8/09/06

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

NVC sent out to the embassy---8/14/06

Interview re-scheduled for----- 9/26/06!!!!!!!

APPROVED_RECEIVED VISA IN HAND 10/03/06!!!!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If this is about a marriage broker shouldn't all the other K1s still move on smoothly?

You'd think so..but one or more of the people here who've had a recall didnt meet thru an IMB

I have really no idea whats going on - and I suspect the people at the sharp end - the Embassies - dont either.

Hopefully someone will be able to make a definitive statement on what WILL happen, not what 'should but doesn't' or 'what shouldn't but has'

I just got off the phone with a very helpful person on the USCIS customer service line.

As far as the USCIS is aware, there hasn't been a mass recall, but they said there have been several reports of this happening, and they expect to have a definitive answer for me tomorrow. She told me to call back around noon tomorrow or watch the website for updates as they finish looking into the reports.

If I get any more definitive answers tomorrow, I'll post them here ASAP.

Where on the website are you watching?

She didn't say. I assume the front page or the What's new section would be the most likely places to be updated with it. I doubt we'll see anything for at least the next 14-18 hours, since I'm sure USCIS is shut down for the night at this point. Anyway, unless something definitive is posted in a clear spot, I'll probably call on my lunch hour.

I promise I'll post here as soon as I hear anything definitive on any phone call, hopefully with good news.

Edited by Bstnguy

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm sorry for all you guys who are facing a delay. :(

It almost makes me glad Mike and I haven't started the process yet, hopefully by the time we are ready things will have smoothed out.

I know it's silly to say, but hang in there!!!

Hold on to what is good even if it is a handful of earth.

Hold on to what you believe even if it is a tree which stands by itself.

Hold on to what you must do even if it is a long way from here.

Hold on to life even when it is easier letting go.

Hold on to my hand even when I have gone away from you.

--Pueblo Blessing

ticker.png

ticker.png

huh im confused, do u mean that anyone earlier than march 6 is affected?

Lifting of Conditions

*Sent form 05/15 to CA Service Center

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

*Notification of RFE acceptance 10/2009

*Interview Date: December 4th!

*January 9th: Received 10 year Green Card in the mail :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks for the small heart attack, when my fiancee's interview is next week!

Thank goodness, either way, we would have made it. Even my NOA2 is before Mar 6th (by 4 DAYS!!!)

:hehe:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

from what i've gathered (please correct me everyone if i'm also confuzzled) those with a NOA1 prior to March 6th is ok.

k

Edited by KiminON

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Your interview is 9-1/2 months away?

Wow! Is this normal for your country or is this a new result of the IMBRA?

Larry and Maria

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

:angry: It's time for the American public to take a stand against these backroom secret congressional decisions...

You can sigh the petition to repeal this law here... :thumbs:

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?imbra05

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Your interview is 9-1/2 months away?

Wow! Is this normal for your country or is this a new result of the IMBRA?

Yes...9.5 months away. This is because the embassy in Jordan is now accepting Iraqi applicants. That has more than doubled their case loads. :( Has nothing to do with IMBRA

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I was told almost a month or more ago that a court in Atlanta quickly ruled IMBRA unconstitutional, and that therefore USCIS was now unable to implement this with any new instructions or processes. What has changed? I have not seen any action out of Nebraska this week, so I am concerned about what is happening.... grrrrrrrrrr.

08-20-2004 First letter from my Princess

01-01-2005 Birthday celebrations in Simferopol

07-23-2005 Return to Crimea - Vacation on the beaches of Yalta & Koktebel with Valentyna

01-01-2006 Celebrate another Birthday of my Princess in Yalta

01-06-2006 Engagement!!

04-20-2006 Send I129F to NSC

04-21-2006 I129F received - NOA1

04-26-2006 touched

06-01-2006 touched (CSC transfer)

06-02-2006 touched

06-03-2006 touched

06-15-2006 touched (another NOA1 receipt date?!)

06-23-2006 RFE issued (according to form notice date)

06-26-2006 touched

06-29-2006 RFE mailed from CSC (according to postmark)

07-07-2006 RFE received in mail

07-15-2006 touched

07-19-2006 RFE response mailed to CSC by USPS Express

07-20-2006 USPS confirms AM delivery of RFE response to CSC

07-27-2006 Official RFE response receipt acknowledged by email

09-01-2006 touched - NOA2 received

09-05-2006 email notice of NOA2 approval

11- -2006 two days of interview concluded - decision withheld

03-31-2007 second interview

07- -2007 K1 received on return to CSC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
I was told almost a month or more ago that a court in Atlanta quickly ruled IMBRA unconstitutional, and that therefore USCIS was now unable to implement this with any new instructions or processes. What has changed? I have not seen any action out of Nebraska this week, so I am concerned about what is happening.... grrrrrrrrrr.

Well it's a federal law, so if they are gonna battle out state by state, it will take a long time to resolve. The problem is people are already getting cancelled interviews. So regardless its causing delays. :(

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

Atlanta is a federal district court. The ruling would affect the application in all states.

From the original court order:

Further, at this stage, the Court is of the opinion that the Act is more extensive than is necessary to serve the governmental interest in protecting foreign women from abuse at the hands of United States males, in that the disclosures required are overbroad.

Because this does involve violations of the First and Fifth Amendments, Plaintiff has likewise demonstrated that a temporary restraining order is necessary to prevent the irreparable injury presented by the constitutional violations, that the threatened injury outweighs the harm that the TRO would inflict on the government, and that the TRO would serve the public's interest.

I think the TRO expired 4/24 ... I'm sort of surprised the court hasn't renewed it. Maybe they will once word leaks out.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Ok this guy has totally confused me :huh:

my NOA2 was May 3, am i ok???? i wont be recalled???? :blink:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline
Ok this guy has totally confused me :huh:

my NOA2 was May 3, am i ok???? i wont be recalled???? :blink:

There are a lot of conflicting info, but it sounds like it's based on your NOA1 date, so you might be ok. But who knows with this corrupt, absurd government we have here now.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

i just called the NVC and she said if this was real they would be the first to know about it, and NO they know nothing and have not and will not be sending ANY petitions back to service centers for extra security checks

She said it may possibly be induvidual cases that they ran across a problem with that they didnt catch before, and are not fixing it by canceling the interview.

but she assured me, they have not or will not be returning ANYTHING anywhere!

i suggest everyone else call and ask to see if they get the same answer as i have.

the wait time is at 2 minutes to talk to a NVC CSR

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.