elwintro

Clarification on IMBRA Recall

109 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
i just called the NVC and she said if this was real they would be the first to know about it, and NO they know nothing and have not and will not be sending ANY petitions back to service centers for extra security checks

She said it may possibly be induvidual cases that they ran across a problem with that they didnt catch before, and are not fixing it by canceling the interview.

but she assured me, they have not or will not be returning ANYTHING anywhere!

i suggest everyone else call and ask to see if they get the same answer as i have.

the wait time is at 2 minutes to talk to a NVC CSR

What is the NVC contact number? I don't see it on the letter I have.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

I called the embassy AND USCIS to ask for more info. The guy at the embassy in Italy was very nice but he had no idea what I was talking about lol (and it's probably better off that way) but the woman at USCIS knew what I was talking about, but said that they didn't have any information about it yet and seemed SO ANNOYED that I was asking. I checked and I received my NOA1 on March 6th, but they issued it on March 1st and it's postmarked March 3rd, so... I think March 1st would be the day listed in the USCIS system.

-- Good luck to everyone. I hope this effects as few people as possible :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*drops the the floor* glad I saw this update....big relief.

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I got my NOA1 on November 14th, so i doubt this affects me at all. But im still checking things out to see what is going on.

At this point im feeling kinda sceptical on it all.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

who knows what's going on.. we can only speculate... but.. if this law is in effect and interviews are being cancelled for no reason, well then you can write your congressmen(or women) letters.. via FedEx... but.. if this law is implemented properly, I have no problem with waiting a little extra time if it means that there are more stringent background checks on USC's for abuse/violent crimes.. I'd rather wait than have another woman beaten...

1 word ...MIGRAINE!!!!!!!

Main Entry: mi·graine

Function: noun

Pronunciation: 'mī-"grAn, British often 'me-

Etymology: French, modification of Late Latin hemicrania pain in one side of the head, from Greek hemikrania, from hemi- hemi- + kranion cranium

1 : a condition marked by recurrent severe headache often with nausea and vomiting

:(

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif3dflagsdotcom_uk_2faws.gif

K-1 Sent to Vermont St Patrick's Day~ May the Luck of the Irish Be With Us Today!! 3/17/06

NOA1 03-25-06

Touch 06-16-06=RFE Email

Touch 06-17-06

RFE Arrived 06-21-06

RFE Sent back to Vermont 06-21-06

RFE Delivered 06/23/06 10:55am

RFE-Touch 06/24/06

Touch 06/27/06

Approved 08/21/06 {157 days)

Touch 08/22/06

NVC Letter 08-25-06 Hard Copy

Left NVC 08-25-06

Arrived at London 09-01-06

Packet 3 Arrived at Steves Door 09-05-06

Packet 3 Sent back to London 09-15-06

London Medical 09-29-06- Completed

Packet 4 11-20-06

Londen Interview 12-08-06 APPROVED

Visa in Hand 12-12-06

Enters the USA 12-13-06

WEDDING DAY 2/18/07 @ 3pm

Timeline
Sounds to me like any 129F or K3 case with a receipt date (NOA 1)ON OR AFTER March 6, 2006 is subject to further checks. Thus unfortunately further delays.

*shakes head*

So why the canceled interviews?? If your NOA1 was before March 6, youd have your interview ofcorse, so if it doesnt affect you because your NOA1 was BEFORE March 6, this technically should not interfere with your interview. :no::huh:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
who knows what's going on.. we can only speculate... but.. if this law is in effect and interviews are being cancelled for no reason, well then you can write your congressmen(or women) letters.. via FedEx... but.. if this law is implemented properly, I have no problem with waiting a little extra time if it means that there are more stringent background checks on USC's for abuse/violent crimes.. I'd rather wait than have another woman beaten...

I'd rather this hideously unjust law be withdrawn and a fair one put in it's place. Assuming a man is guilty because he's male is unjust to the extreme. I'd rather allow the police here enforce the laws against spousal abuse than keep this law in place and make the lives of many American citizens much more difficult for what could be an indefinate period time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Sounds to me like any 129F or K3 case with a receipt date (NOA 1)ON OR AFTER March 6, 2006 is subject to further checks. Thus unfortunately further delays.

*shakes head*

This isn't K=3 I thought it was K-1. Please tell me yours was a typo. Things need to be confirmed before posting please.

Feb. 15/ 07 --- GC approved

Nov. 17/09 -- I-751 sent (Day 1)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

i just called the NVC and she said if this was real they would be the first to know about it, and NO they know nothing and have not and will not be sending ANY petitions back to service centers for extra security checks

She said it may possibly be induvidual cases that they ran across a problem with that they didnt catch before, and are not fixing it by canceling the interview.

but she assured me, they have not or will not be returning ANYTHING anywhere!

i suggest everyone else call and ask to see if they get the same answer as i have.

the wait time is at 2 minutes to talk to a NVC CSR

What is the NVC contact number? I don't see it on the letter I have.

yeah, it's not listed anywhere. BUT if you go to USCIS.gov I believe that if you do a search for NVC or National Visa Center you can eventually find the number. I looked for it to give you, but I have no idea where I put it. Good luck!

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

Timeline

NVC 1-603-334-0700

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay, I'm a K-3/ my Noa 1 for the I129f is Feb.9 but my NOA2 is April 21 am I okay.

Please someone clarify this I am balling my eyes out right now , I can't believe this ####### ..........

Feb. 15/ 07 --- GC approved

Nov. 17/09 -- I-751 sent (Day 1)

Timeline

It applies to NOA1 (ONES) not NOA2

and yes, it applies to NOA1 (ones) AFTER or ON MARCH 6

anyone who has a NOA1(ONE) BEFORE March and have already received your APPROVAL, YOUR OK, there could be some debate on that, but that is what my lawyer just informed me of :)

Edited by Ionescu

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

easy for you to say icey... 1) because you're a woman 2) because you don't have your NOA2. For those of us who are men, and have an interveiw date... I don't think we feel the same way, especially since I have no crminal record, have served in the military, and currently work on a military installation. My TS clearance is enough proof of that. This is just more #######. PERIOD.

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.