Laura_and_IanM

contacting the senator

128 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Do I like waiting? NO! But it doesn't help me or anyone else to make personal attacks or act immature. It's funny but I came here for support, but I get more emotional support from my parents of bi-racial children group. They know nothing about this process, but are more compassionate about the pain of separation. It would be nice if we would set personal issues aside and be supportive. I have been a member of many online communities and I have never seen one as disfunctional. How about we try being nice for just one day? Is that possible?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta say I agree with MissLiss on this one.

Everyone suffers during this process and, as I've often said before, there are lots of sad stories on VJ and a few REALLY sad ones. But have some perspective: quite a lot of the suffering is, unfortunately but realistically, quite common.

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Do I like waiting? NO! But it doesn't help me or anyone else to make personal attacks or act immature. It's funny but I came here for support, but I get more emotional support from my parents of bi-racial children group. They know nothing about this process, but are more compassionate about the pain of separation. It would be nice if we would set personal issues aside and be supportive. I have been a member of many online communities and I have never seen one as disfunctional. How about we try being nice for just one day? Is that possible?

That's a two way street sister......drop the high and all knowing attitude and things might lighten up. So many people have problems with what you say and the problem is them and not you.....hmmm......

Perhaps you just come off the wrong way.

12/5/05 Sent I129F Petition to Nebraska via Express Mail

12/6/05 Packaged received at 10:38 am in Nebraska

12/9/05 Check cashed (Never been so happy to have money leave my account)

12/12/05 Receive NOA1 snail mail - 30-60 day processing estimate

01/04/06 Receive NOA2 via e-mail

1/20/06 NVC letter in mail...will ship within a week.

2/1/06 Packet 3 and 4 in the mail

3/15/06 Interview - neither approved nor declined need to send in Migratory Movement Certificate AP

3/20/06 Migratory Movement Certificate for myself and fiancee sent to US Embassy in Lima

3/23/06 Visa Approved

5/19/06 I leave for Peru to pick up mi amor

5/25/06 Lucia and I arrive in Chicago

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

9/09/06 Religious Wedding

That's a two way street sister......drop the high and all knowing attitude and things might lighten up. So many people have problems with what you say and the problem is them and not you.....hmmm......

Perhaps you just come off the wrong way.

All I have asked is that personal attacks stop. I am a moderator at other sites. These types of personal attacks would never be tolerated elsewhere. If we wish to say something we can do so without personal attacks. That's all I have said.

I think you calling us junior high school kids and children is a personal attack. So take your own advise. Just because we don't agree with you doesn't mean we are children. Maybe you are the one that needs to grow up and realize people have opinions and they don't all have to match yours.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I have SEEN personal attacks and this is nowhere near it. It's like I've been told NUMEROUS times...you put personal stuff out there, and you're going to have people who agree with you, and people who disagree with you. I happen to disagree with the idea that everyone who files for a straight-forward immigration case, with a fairly reliable outcome should be seeking Congressional help. It takes time away from more complicated and unfortunate cases, where there are SERIOUS problems, like your child is dying or you're about to file for bankruptcy and lose your house...or your case has been "lost" for over a year. Some of these situations I've heard about on VJ. An unfair immigration process is the EXCEPTION. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's unfair.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

op posts. includes what some folks consider racist languange.

said folks call op on it.

op apologizes.

some other things are said in betwen cuases some confusion.

emotions flare.

someone else comes in and calls others immature.

now said other acts like a victim.

plz.

this issue is emotional. there are amny views to it. many views are opined here. this is not a group hug area.

I have no problem with this situation/forum. Seems very adult like to me, with all the diff opinions ans situations, icluding yours.

Daniel

:energetic:

Ana (Mexico) ------ Daniel (California)(me)

---------------------------------------------

Sept. 11, 2004: Got married (civil), in Mexico :D

July 23, 2005: Church wedding

===============================

K3(I-129F):

Oct. 28, 2004: Mailed I-129F.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Nov. 3, 2004: NOA1!!!!

Nov. 5, 2004: Check Cashed!!

zzzz deep hibernationn zzzz

May 12, 2005 NOA2!!!! #######!!! huh???

off to NVC.

May 26, 2005: NVC approves I129F.

CR1(I-130):

Oct. 6, 2004: Mailed I-130.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Oct. 8, 2004: I-130 Delivered to CSC in Laguna Niguel.

~Per USPS website's tracking tool.

Oct. 12, 2004 BCIS-CSC Signs for I-130 packet.

Oct. 21, 2004 Check cashed!

Oct. 25, 2004 NOA1 (I-130) Go CSC!!

Jan. 05, 2005 Approved!!!! Off to NVC!!!!

NVC:

Jan. 05, 2005 ---> in route from CSC

Jan. 12, 2005 Case entered system

Jan. 29, 2005 Received I-864 Bill

Jan. 31, 2005 Sent Payment to St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 01, 2005 Wife received DS3032(Choice of Agent)

Feb. 05, 2005 Payment Received in St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 08, 2005 Sent DS3032 to Portsmouth NH

Feb. 12, 2005 DS3032 Received by NVC

Mar. 04, 2005 Received IV Bill

Mar. 04, 2005 Sent IV Bill Payment

Mar. 08, 2005 Received I864

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Mar. 21, 2005 I864 Received my NVC

Apr. 18, 2005 Received DS230

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

Apr. 20, 2005 DS230 received by NVC (signed by S Merfeld)

Apr. 22, 2005 DS230 entered NVC system

Apr. 27, 2005 CASE COMPLETE

May 10, 2005 CASE SENT TO JUAREZ

Off to Cd. Juarez! :D

calls to NVC: 6

CIUDAD JUAREZ, American Consulate:

Apr. 27, 2005 case completed at NVC.

May 10, 2005 in route to Juarez.

May 25, 2005 Case at consulate.

-- Legal Disclaimer:What I say is only a reflection of what I did, going to do, or may do; it may also reflect what I have read others did, are going to do, or may do. What you do or may do is what you do or may do. You do so or may do so strictly out of your on voilition; or follow what a lawyer advised you to do, or may do. Having said that: have a nice day!

I think you calling us junior high school kids and children is a personal attack. So take your own advise. Just because we don't agree with you doesn't mean we are children. Maybe you are the one that needs to grow up and realize people have opinions and they don't all have to match yours.

i agree..to go labelling people on this site and then...think that people are negative....is your issue...also, most everyone has a tough go of it one way or another ....

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Hi Laura! don't see you here on OT very much.....and here you are ;)

I have just caught up with this post and am not here to flame the fire at all. Just wanted to say that I have got to know Laura thro PMs over the months, she helped me a great deal with info and got me to look at a situation in a different way when I hit a brick wall and didn't know where else to go, and she definatley did that bit extra for me...a stranger. She is a very kind helpful young lady. So if she has managed to 'expedite' her case then I know she has worked real hard to do so.....good luck to you Laura!

She doesn't need me to 'back her up' or to come on here to say what nice person she is cos I know she is more than capable of taking care of herself in OT :lol: .....

I just wanted to say that about her.......

ok, carry on....... :P

I have just caught up with this post and am not here to flame the fire at all. Just wanted to say that I have got to know Laura thro PMs over the months, she helped me a great deal with info and got me to look at a situation in a different way when I hit a brick wall and didn't know where else to go, and she definatley did that bit extra for me...a stranger. She is a very kind helpful young lady. So if she has managed to 'expedite' her case then I know she has worked real hard to do so.....good luck to you Laura!

She doesn't need me to 'back her up' or to come on here to say what nice person she is cos I know she is more than capable of taking care of herself in OT :lol: .....

Thanks for that Welshcookie. That was very kind of you. Unfortunately, I am sure there will be someone who will attack even that, but ohwell. I am really not bothered by ppl that want to attack me. I only gave my opinion and wanted to help. Never did I racially slander anyone. Nor would I ever. It doesn't make any sense for ppl to call me a racist when I have married outside of my own race...hmmmm.. What I did do was post my opinion of yes the Mexicans because that is the majority of the ppl right now that are in America wanting amnesty. It is much harder for ppl say of Puerto Rico, or Cuba, or anywhere else at that matter to sneak into the country. For those of you who have seen that I am from New York and automatically think that I for some reason referring to the Mexicans in my state you are so very wrong. I was talking about the Mexicans as a whole that are on the news and that our in the country illegally. YES, there are other illegal immigrants other than them, BUT I AM TALKING ABOUT THE HERE AND NOW PROBLEM. The problem that is on the news at the very moment, of the VAST majority of the illegals that are YES MEXICANS!! Where the hell do you get the idea that I am racist from that?? I am only stating a fact.

Yes, the attacks were very narrowminded because again, those of you who went into a rampage and saw me as a racist only saw what you wanted to see instead of looking at the bigger picture. The bigger picture being because of those illegals, if the amnesty goes through, then it will slow things down for all of us. EVEN THOSE WHO GET AN EXPIDITED CASE!!! Yes, I do have reasons for an expidited case but that is my business and none of anyone elses here. Yes, I do come onto this sight for support and for advice on my case. ON MY CASE. That is all I talk about on here. I don't talk about my personal affairs on a public forum. I am not here for sympathy for what I may or may not be going through. I am not here to act like a child and attack people when I feel that their opinion is way out of whack from what I MAY think is right. Instead, I will not attack but I will give another perspective of the issue at hand and try to open your mind up. In return, I will do the same when someone approaches me and says hey...I don't think you are right on that, how about you look at it from this point of view?? This is a proven fact that if you approach ppl the way some of you have approached me on this issue on the public forum, you tend to shut down and stop listening. What is it that you are wanting to achieve here by attacking? Its no wonder why there is so much hate in this world. Its called interpersonal communication skills. There is a right way to approach things and there is a wrong way. Hmmm...Can we look back at the responses and see what ways were the wrong way??

I expect nothing less then more personal attacks after this so fire away. I am really not bothered. I have other issues in my life other than my husbands immigration that way heavily on my mind, then to sit here and worry about what "others" maybe thinking of me or my post.

I sincerely wish for all of you, to have a quick, and smooth process in getting your immigration sorted.

Laura Mitchell

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

:thumbs:

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

It is much harder for ppl say of Puerto Rico, or Cuba, or anywhere else at that matter to sneak into the country.

Laura, I understand where you're coming from, I guess you worded your letter wrong. Just a quick note, Puerto Ricans are US citizens, so they wouldn't be sneaking into the country.

Sept. 27: Filed AOS, EAD and AP

Oct. 6: NOA for AOS, EADand AP received, case was moved from the DC office to MSC

Nov. 23: Biometrics and fingerprint appt.

Nov. 24: AOS and EAD touched

Dec. 3: EAD arrives in the mail!

Sept 19, 2005: E-filed EAD renewal

Sept. 20: I-485 transferred to CSC

Dec 20: RFE notice received

Feb. 13, 2006: RFE received in CSC

Feb. 23: AOS approved

It is much harder for ppl say of Puerto Rico, or Cuba, or anywhere else at that matter to sneak into the country.

Laura, I understand where you're coming from, I guess you worded your letter wrong. Just a quick note, Puerto Ricans are US citizens, so they wouldn't be sneaking into the country.

PMSL..sorry..i think sometimes when I get upset and let things get to me...I do forget my geography..hmmmm...i so could say something but that would just be putting myself on the butcher block once again lol...

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

i always enjoy the fellowship at vj..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835