Laura_and_IanM

contacting the senator

128 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

and tell him about those damn mexicans from Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic that are crying about getting a green card..

har har har har

PWNED

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I have been very quiet lately on this issue. Not because I'm not as incensed as before...but because of the personal attacks that I endured for stating my opinions in a logical way at this site. I am not going into it all again here...but I am asking that we all act like adults. There is no reason to personally attack someone you disagree with. Name calling is for junior high...not adults. You have the right to disagree with someone personally, but as a moderator at other sites...I find these personal attacks offensive. I hope that the moderator here will intervene.

obviously you don't see the offense I take and any other latin-american would take when they call any brown-spanish speaking person Mexican... that only shows their ignorance about geoggers.. and shows a stereotypical way of calling every alien que habla espanol Mexican.. its rude and offensive..

mhh.. if our country were this big.. then probly Mexicans wouldn't have come to USA

I certainly do. And I am sincerely sorry that wasn't worded better. I always try to use to term illegal alien in my writings. Cause it doesn't matter where they come from to me. But that could hav been addressed differently as well. You could have made that point without calling anyone names. I am sorry that you were offended. But that does not negate the strong feelings on both sides. Can we not have adult discussions without name calling? Perhaps to come up with legitmate solutions to bring before our law makers. I have tried in vain before to connect these dots for everyone, but if amnesty is granted without money in the bill for additional USCIS officer then unless you have your Unrestricted Permenant Resident status...at some point in the process your case would hit a back lg due to 12 million amnesty applications. That's what happened in 1986.

Timeline
You really do have a hard time understanding that people are not calling all of the brown illegal immigrants mexicans... they are addressing their frustration at the actual mexicans that are here illegally, because they are by far the largest group of illegals.

Yes, I want every damn illegal mexican kicked out of the country. Then, we can show our frustration at the next largest group, and I'll start calling them by their proper name. Until then, my focus is on the mexicans.. .the little brown one's from mexico.

u don't see my point.. she's calling without even knowing.. Mexicans are not the biggest group of illegals in NY... and she's arbitrarily calling these protesters Mexicans.. which.. to my knowledge, are a little group in NY compared to South-Americans..

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Haha that was my comment about him being a rep, not a senator...BUT anyway

I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but as a former staffer in congress, let me tell you this. In each office tehy get 1000's of letter a day. Some poor staffer (like me) opens them, reads them, and marks down what issue was addressed and whether the letter was pro or con.

Then we give the rep or senator a report saying, you got 1000 letters today that are anti- immifgration, 500 that were por-abortion, etc etc. The congressman NEVER SEES YOUR LETTERS....sorry.

Plus..you can say, "oh it was just you..." but we had socials every week when I was up there with all the poor lowly people like me and all we did was sit around and b!tch about how al we did was open and read letters.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

She's from NY, but she was writing her senator about the whole issue.. all of these illegal aliens, where mexicans make up the most of the group, are on TV from all over the country protesting

How it Started

2001 to Feb 2002 - Met online, were acquintances

Mar to Apr 2005 - Talked about finally giving in to our feelings and getting married

Aug 1 to Aug 7, 2005 - Fifth US Visit - Engaged

Time for the Visa

Dec 8, 2005 - Finally mailed Packet

Dec 20, 2005 - NOA1 Notice Date

Dec 27, 2005 - NOA1 Rcv'd in Mail

Mar 10, 2006 - NOA2 Approved

Mar 23, 2006 - NVC Received Packet

Mar 24, 2006 - Case Forwarded to London Embassy

Apr 7, 2006 - Recieved Packet 3

May 11, 2006 - Packet 3 Sent Back

May 24, 2006 - Medical Appointment

May 24, 2006 - Packet 4 Received

Jun 14, 2006 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!

Jun 16, 2006 - Visa Recieved

Timeline

I have been very quiet lately on this issue. Not because I'm not as incensed as before...but because of the personal attacks that I endured for stating my opinions in a logical way at this site. I am not going into it all again here...but I am asking that we all act like adults. There is no reason to personally attack someone you disagree with. Name calling is for junior high...not adults. You have the right to disagree with someone personally, but as a moderator at other sites...I find these personal attacks offensive. I hope that the moderator here will intervene.

obviously you don't see the offense I take and any other latin-american would take when they call any brown-spanish speaking person Mexican... that only shows their ignorance about geoggers.. and shows a stereotypical way of calling every alien que habla espanol Mexican.. its rude and offensive..

mhh.. if our country were this big.. then probly Mexicans wouldn't have come to USA

I certainly do. And I am sincerely sorry that wasn't worded better. I always try to use to term illegal alien in my writings. Cause it doesn't matter where they come from to me. But that could hav been addressed differently as well. You could have made that point without calling anyone names. I am sorry that you were offended. But that does not negate the strong feelings on both sides. Can we not have adult discussions without name calling? Perhaps to come up with legitmate solutions to bring before our law makers. I have tried in vain before to connect these dots for everyone, but if amnesty is granted without money in the bill for additional USCIS officer then unless you have your Unrestricted Permenant Resident status...at some point in the process your case would hit a back lg due to 12 million amnesty applications. That's what happened in 1986.

yea Im familiar with the Reagan amnesty.. again. I agree that it's not the best solution.. neither deporting or legalizing gazillion of illegals seems feasible to me.. lotta money, lotta resources that probly USCIS or the govt doesn't have..

oh no Lenjay! I lost my job to an illegal Mexican!! ZOMG!!!

lololololol

and.. mexicans are not the only ones.. yes, they are the biggest group.. but.. I've never seen here 'kick out the mexicans, the chinese, the canadians' or any other racial group (ace race card under the sleeve.. ready to draw. lolol).. this is kinda funny..

I hate to rain on everyone's parade, but as a former staffer in congress, let me tell you this. In each office tehy get 1000's of letter a day. Some poor staffer (like me) opens them, reads them, and marks down what issue was addressed and whether the letter was pro or con.

Then we give the rep or senator a report saying, you got 1000 letters today that are anti- immifgration, 500 that were por-abortion, etc etc. The congressman NEVER SEES YOUR LETTERS....sorry.

Plus..you can say, "oh it was just you..." but we had socials every week when I was up there with all the poor lowly people like me and all we did was sit around and b!tch about how al we did was open and read letters.

oh.. interesting..

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Wait, everyone didn't know that???

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

i dunno - everyone keeps thinking that his or her voice will REALLY BE HEARD by their elected representative...

I don't think everyone DOES know this

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

You are corret to a point. Thus my DAILY emails...weekly phone calls...and personal appearance every time they are in time. Yes...they probably see me and go...Oh god, not that biotch again. But I make sure my voice is heard.

Timeline

that's why I never send letters..

El Presidente of VJ

Wohnen Heute

i never send letters either..had a college professor worked on senator simon staff...said letters were a waste of time..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

if karo's post tells me anything, it's that the letters do matter. Much in the same way your vote matters. No one cares how you, in particular, voted. But how many other peopel voted the same way you did, how many people wrote a letter saying the same thing you did... does make a difference. THAT message DOES reach the people who need to hear it.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

To the OP

I can't wait until Lucia gets here so she can deal with all of this ignornant sh!t and narrow minded people like you.

I'll have to break the news to her that when she lands in Miami she will officially be a Mexican.

"what's going on with immigration and the Mexicans"......OMFG

and by the way, I hope I didn't offend any Mexicans....are you f'ng serious?

12/5/05 Sent I129F Petition to Nebraska via Express Mail

12/6/05 Packaged received at 10:38 am in Nebraska

12/9/05 Check cashed (Never been so happy to have money leave my account)

12/12/05 Receive NOA1 snail mail - 30-60 day processing estimate

01/04/06 Receive NOA2 via e-mail

1/20/06 NVC letter in mail...will ship within a week.

2/1/06 Packet 3 and 4 in the mail

3/15/06 Interview - neither approved nor declined need to send in Migratory Movement Certificate AP

3/20/06 Migratory Movement Certificate for myself and fiancee sent to US Embassy in Lima

3/23/06 Visa Approved

5/19/06 I leave for Peru to pick up mi amor

5/25/06 Lucia and I arrive in Chicago

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

9/09/06 Religious Wedding

if karo's post tells me anything, it's that the letters do matter. Much in the same way your vote matters. No one cares how you, in particular, voted. But how many other peopel voted the same way you did, how many people wrote a letter saying the same thing you did... does make a difference. THAT message DOES reach the people who need to hear it.

so, a form letter send in by 100 people count more than 10 letters written individually by concerned people?

not really, most senators..congressman vote what they feel is important to them or as a pay back to another politician...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835