aussiewench

"Uk" Waiver club 601/212, List for uk waivers sign up!

802 posts in this topic

Below you will find the link to the old "Uk" Waiver club 601/212 thread which has been archived

http://www.visajourney.com/forums2/index.php?showtopic=67027

Please continue to post here in this thread

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing new to report here....still waiting...I am hoping for something next week but it probably wont happen. How is everyone else?

Edited by MistyB

me: US, soon-to-be ex: Sweden

Our Journey

09/25/97--met online

'97-'99---carried on long distance relationship

02/14/99---married in the US

10/23/99---received swedish residence permit

12/02/99---moved to Sweden

03/21/01---filed I-130; no visa given

06/27/02--visa interview; denied told to file I-601 for CIMT

9/12/05--visa interview; submitted 601 to Stockholm, Sweden

10/06/05----waiver forwarded to DHS; Copenhagen, Denmark

10/11/05---waiver entered into the DHS system

12/15/05---waiver finally mailed to London; rc'd snaily from ICE (12/16/05)

01/03/06----DHS London finally receives waiver; let the adjudication begin!

Jan. 25 06---LONDON APPROVES WAIVER!!!

02/02/06---sent passport off to embassy to receive visa

02/06/06---rc'd passport w/visa and infamous brown envelope

02/25/06----spouse immigrated to Florida..Miami POE, no probs!

03/14/06----spouse received social security card

03/17/06----spouse received green card!

03/12/06----Finally back in the US after 7 long years!

08/20/06--We separate after almost 8 years of marriage

06/09/07---still separated.....probably filing for divorce in August

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Gosh, Misty, I come on here periodically hoping every time that when I do, you'll have fantastic news for us all! Before you know it, you'll hear the good news of an approval. When ever I think that it's going to be forever until ours, I just think of how incredibly fast the past year has gone! We should be able to finally file our waiver next week, at least that's when we're hoping to get a new police report back! Hope all is well for you and your family!

Tiff

Hi Misty.

Sorry to hear your still waiting. I'm sure it won't be long now. (and i know that doesn't help) The only new news we have is that our paperwork is on its way to London. Probably more than likely there by now. Just waiting on them to send the packet. I've done some more work on the waiver letter but it's just so stinking hard. :wacko: At least for me it is. I'm hoping it will help that his record is over 24 years old but who knows. I saw the post on immigrate2us that knight posted where he was trying to say that waivers were automatically approved if it has been over 15 years but I have never seen anyone ever say they were approved for that. Oh well ........... hope your having a good weekend. Hope you do hear something next week.

Baileyj

Oh Hi cmltdg. you snuck in there on me. Just want to wish you good luck on filing your waiver. Will be watching for your approval too. Everyone gets to go before us. lol

Edited by Baileyj96

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

Thank you both!

Good luck to you clmtdg..I am waiting on jpkeswim to see if they are approved this week as it would be 8 weeks since they filed at the consulate..however it could be next week before they could definitely hear something as there is a slight delay of a few days till it reaches DHS.

I am just shaking my head in confusion. They said they'd make every effort to process it in order as to when it was filed...it should have been decided by now. So we'll see I guess...

How's it going for you Nigel?

Our Journey

09/25/97--met online

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Misty B -

Still no word yet. It was 8 weeks on Friday since we filed. My fiance is getting really anxious, he is ready just to come back home. :) It is has been 10 months since we have been together now and I am planning a wedding and I would really hate to lose all my deposits. :( All this stuff is so frustrating! I really hope to hear something in the next 2 weeks. Well Nigel got approved in 10 weeks so I am hoping we do too! John just called and said no package in the mail. He waits for the mail everyday. Talk to you all later

Baby Boy born on November 24th 2008

Received Visa Feb 10th 2008

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

After three long years moving back to America on May 4th 2008

Hi Misty...Remember this post i sent you? back in the dark days...You will soon forget im sure...congrats MistyB...

I Know theres been problems on vj site as late and i would like to thank the guys who saved the uk 601 sign up club....i will update everyone soon....and yes you to MistyB....APPROVED! :dance:

Anybody got new updates to add to the list..i also know there is 1 or 2 memebers who did not file as they was waiting on new Police cert from scotland yard....if anybody got new updates for the list please post,,,

Best wishes and lets hope we have more Approved waivers here soon..

Best wishes

Nigel... ;)

Mist...I Thought they (LDN) had your file a long time ago?

I Would'nt put much weight on the 12/15 wk stuff.....thats just a ploy to stop you getting on there backs

so lets work this out ....from the 15th Dec05 to 30th March 06 is 15 wks

Nah thats not washing with me Misty.. Thats the Worst case there...

Now the best case would be that the person who sent ya the e/mail never had a clue and just giving you a answer of some sort..

If they had ya file on the 15 dec 04 then add 8 wks, cas thats about the norm for London then that will bring ya to 9th Feb 05

Mist....You can never put to much on there dates, as you well Know Hon..

My Best Guess is that its going to be sometime in mid/late Jan / mid Feb..or maybe sooner rather later...

Hold in there GirlFriend..I know what ya going through...and when it comes it will be a Even Sweater victory...and days like this will be a distant memory..

Rant everyday mist on here if ya like, if it makes ya feel better hon! who Else can you do it to?

Nige

Im Proud to update our Friend MistyB :dance: well done Hon...You made it through the wookie hole! :yes:

Paul C please post your details of when, why, you have file waiver..Thanks Buddy.. ;)

Waivers for London (DHS) Embassy

NAME.........CASE......WAIVER......REASON.......SUBMITTED......................L

ATEST INFO...

Nigel..........I-130....I-601..........O/stay..........Oct 12th 05......................APPROVED Dec 30th 05

Cmltgd.......K1.......I-601.............CIMT ..........Jan 8th 06.........................Pending

MistyB........130......I-601.............CIMT............Sep/12/05.........................APPROVED 31st Jan 06

jpkeswim....k1.......I-601.............O/Stay...........Dec/2nd/05....................Pending

Liam/lisa....K1........I-601...........CIMT..............Nov/8th/05...................APPROVED Dec 20th05

Bostongirl..k1.........I-601............O/Stay...........N/Y/F...............................N/Y/F

Baileyj96....K1.........I-601...........CIMT...............N/Y/F.............................N/Y/F

Last we hear that London (DHS) waivers takes.. 8/12 wks to Process..

If Anybody who will file a waiver through London Embassy please leave Details then ill add you to the waiver list...

Misty B -

Still no word yet. It was 8 weeks on Friday since we filed. My fiance is getting really anxious, he is ready just to come back home. :) It is has been 10 months since we have been together now and I am planning a wedding and I would really hate to lose all my deposits. :( All this stuff is so frustrating! I really hope to hear something in the next 2 weeks. Well Nigel got approved in 10 weeks so I am hoping we do too! John just called and said no package in the mail. He waits for the mail everyday. Talk to you all later

Hi...

My Guess is...the next wk you should here something....hang in there that call will be made soon... :thumbs:

Timeline

Misty or Nigel,

Okay when I email the embassy about our case what exactly do I say? Do I add our case #. We finally have given in and want to email them--getting to anxious

Waiting for appointment at Embassy on April 7th for Baby's passport and report of birth abroad!!!

Misty or Nigel,

Okay when I email the embassy about our case what exactly do I say? Do I add our case #. We finally have given in and want to email them--getting to anxious

Hi jpkeswim....

When i e/mailed them i wrote it like this....

This is what i said...

NVC Case No#.............................xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

USCIS.....Petition I-130... case No#..xxxxxxxxxxxx

Immigrant....xxxxx xxxx xxxxxxxx

D.O.B.......xx xxx xxxx

Born........UK.

Date....5th Dec 05

Dear Sir/Madam,

On the 12th Oct 05, i had a interveiw for I-130 petition at US London Embassy. I was Advised by the visa Officer to file a waiver I-601 for a overstay in the USA back in 2002/03.

With the Advise i was given, i the Immigrant Mr x x xxxxxxxx did file a I-601 Waiver, fee, plus Hardship letter's from myself and my wife on that day of my interveiw there at the US London Embassy.

I would like to ask you Sir/Madam has there been any change/progress in this matter?

Im sorry for contacting you in this way and i understand that you are very busy in all areas of any visa/waivers ect.

Sir/Madam, I Thankyou for your time in reading this mail and i look forward to your reply.

Yours Thankfully

Mr x.x.xxxxxx...UKc (Alien)

Contact details...e/mail Address xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Home tel..xxxxxxxxxxx

Mob....xxxxxxxxxxx

In the Subject Box put Urgent and your case number down..

E/mail address is....London.Uscis@dhs.gov

On looking at you filed your waiver...its very close to have something back....maybe in the next 7/14 days...

But its worth a ask via mail....

I Hope that helps you in some way.. :yes:

Best Wishes..

Nige... :thumbs:

PS...The reply i had back was when they got the file and still in process....not much belp but i did get a reply of some sort...

Timeline

Hello Nigel and MistyB,

Okay I finally got up the nerve and emailed the Embassy yesterday afternoon and I got response this morning. Here is what they said, could you please tell me what they meant. I am just a nervous wreck since I am planning this wedding that might not happen.

The 601 for xxxx xxx was filed with this office on Dec. 13, 2006. (I think they meant 2005) The current processing times for adjudicating I-601 at this office is between 12-15 weeks. (They told us 6-12) IF the 601 is approved, we will notify the Immigrant Visa Unit at the American Embassy Consulate that your spouse had applied for the immigrant visa to let them know that the immigrant visa can be issued. If the 601 is denied; we will advise your spouse directly of the same and advise him of the procedures for appeals.

Can you guys please tell me what you gather from this??

I hate this.....

Hello Nigel and MistyB,

Okay I finally got up the nerve and emailed the Embassy yesterday afternoon and I got response this morning. Here is what they said, could you please tell me what they meant. I am just a nervous wreck since I am planning this wedding that might not happen.

The 601 for xxxx xxx was filed with this office on Dec. 13, 2006. (I think they meant 2005) The current processing times for adjudicating I-601 at this office is between 12-15 weeks. (They told us 6-12) IF the 601 is approved, we will notify the Immigrant Visa Unit at the American Embassy Consulate that your spouse had applied for the immigrant visa to let them know that the immigrant visa can be issued. If the 601 is denied; we will advise your spouse directly of the same and advise him of the procedures for appeals.

I hate this.....

what she/he is saying that your case is not done yet...but even if it was Approved today he/she could not say cas its not there duty to say yes/no to ya case they leave that up to another department DHS Officer...

The 15wks is the Max but more often they sort it out before that date...

My Guess would be in the next 10/14 days you will here something....but that reply they sent you was more info on there than ive seen before so thats a positive point cas they have gone out of there way to let you know everything is still in cargo..so to speak..but very much the same as my reply i had from them..they will just let you know what they want at any point...

You Done what you needed now....so give it a little more time for them to digest your mail... :thumbs:

Best Wishes....hope you get ya Answer very soon...im sure ya will... :yes::thumbs:

Nigel...

Edited by nigel

Hello Nigel and MistyB,

I hate this.....

OMG!!! That is the same generic email I received on Jan. 18th! I had emailed them on the 18th because my husband had faxed them something on the 13th. I was just making sure they received it. I got the same email with my dates in it instead of yours! They wont tell you anything that's for sure! So I just quit emailing them and wasnt going to mail them again until around my birthday on 2 March. Then on the 30th the lady from Stockholm called me and asked me if I had spoken to DHS and I said "no, not in two weeks.." and she was like "I have good news for you!"... :yes:

I think you'll get an answer soon! They go by filing date in my opinion.

Our Journey

09/25/97--met online

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.