Dr. J

IS YOUR WIFE THE SAME ONCE IN THE USA???

698 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Shouldn't this whole topic be more about each persons own moral character and values? I don't think being Asian, American, Canadian or any other nationality is really the issue. I was raised in a home where my father ( I apologize Dad) was a chauvinist pig. Who thought the only purpose for a woman was to wait on a man hand an foot. I swore I'd never be like my mom. That being said I am still the chief cook, maid and nanny in our home. I think the issue is how the other spouse reacts or doesn't react. If he's ungrateful or chooses not to acknowlegde what the other contributes and just comes to expect it then maybe there in lies the problem. Maybe you Dr. J are the one who will be in charge or your destiny. If your future wife chooses to be a homemaker then if you choose to expect it and not show how truly grateful you are for her decision then if she changes from your lack of respect is it really her fault?

acc-6018.jpg

Service Center :Texas Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent:October 27 2006

I-129F NOA1 2005-11-09

I-129F NOA2: 2006-01-30

NVC Received: 2006-02-09

Packet 3 Received: 2006-02-21

Packet 3 Sent: 2006-02-27

Interview date: June 8 2006

Visa approved

August 20th 2006: Our wedding day

August 27th 2006: AOS and EAD mailed to Chicago lockbox (day 1 let the waiting begin again)

September 1st 2006: NOA from MSC for AOS and EAD stating AOS and EAD recieved (day 6)

September 7th 2006: EAD touched (day 12)

September 15th 2005: email stating AOS transferred to CSC (day 20)

September 16th 2006: Biometrics (day 21)

September 18th 2006: EAD and AOS Touched (day 23)

September 21st 2006: Snail mail transfer notice (day26)

October 18th 2006: Still waiting (day 53)

November 2nd 2006: Still waiting (day 68)

Jan. 11 2007 : Still waiting nothing since September 18 (day 138)

November 22 2006: EAD Approved

Feb. 22 2007: Still waiting (day 180)

March 5th 2007: Finally a touch case now pending at the office it was transferred to wooooooohoooooooooo (day 190)

March 6 2007: Touched again (day 191)

March 7 2007: Another touch ( ohhhhhhhh I'm all fluttery inside ) (day 192)

March 12 2007: Touched (day 197)

April 3 2007: Touched ( day 220)

April 4 2007 : Touched (day 221)

April 6 2007: Approved (day 223)

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People can plan for things on $400 a month when houses cost $20,000 and groceries for a week for a family of 4 cost $30 -- these aren't the conditions in these country so working with 2 incomes is what most people are forced to live with.

90day.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
I see people in other countries raising families just fine on one income of 400$ a month. Planning, execution, less greed. Marriage and families are hard !!! Do not take it lightly.

400$ in US and 400$ in another country is NOT the same thing..... you should know this...look at money in the amount it suffices for things.....

my monthly income in Croatia is more than enough, however that same amount transfered to US is meager simply because of inflation, general cost of living and many other things.....

focuses hard to NOT comment on all else said

Naturalized! Yeah!

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Everyone has their own values... and yes, they can change with time or when faced by the practicalities of life. But the person's fundamental character is not going to change overnight. So if your wife really means it when she says that she wants to be there to take care of her family, she's not likely to suddenly turn around and say 'we have to put the baby into daycare, I can't stand behind stuck at home for one more day!'

All you have to do to find the traditional family values that you seem to endorse is to walk into your average Christian church or to turn on the radio and listen to Dr Laura...

Btw, I am a 'modern western woman' and I was raised to believe that I could do whatever I wanted with my life... and my choice was to be a housewife and look after my family. If I was capable of having kids I'd be a stay-at-home mom at least until the youngest hit school age, because that's what matters to me.

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Yes it is sad when a child gets a critical illness and health insurance won't cover it, forcing them to bankruptcy -- I guess people should plan better for these things.

Ok, now you are getting way out of context. As I stated somewhere, all situations are different, and if it is what you must do, and it is working, GREAT.

I will have to respectfully disagree with you here. My experiences have shown me I can live with less and enjoy life more. I have seen other cultures and countries that have horrible goverments, but great people that know this truth.

So, there is no way I will see your side, and no way you will see mine.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

• The two funniest parts of this thread, for me, were:
Your post reminded me of Eddie Murphy when he was talking about "I want half Eddie".
(At least someone else remembers "Umfoofoo" besides me! Nice!)
and...
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
......FORGIVE MY IMPOTENCE...PLEASE......

Edited by JEDI

• adamlovesamber4ha.gif

Timeline

--------------------

January 19 2006 I-129F sent to TSC (Day 1)

- (Subsequently transferred to CSC)

January 27 2006-NOA1 (Day 9)

January to April - Tried to keep her patient and calm as we waited!

April 17 2006 - NOA2 (Day 89)

... 91 days ...

July 17 2006 - NVC ~ After 91 days, FINALLY received by NVC! (Day 180)

July 21 to August 8 2006 - Flew down to visit Amber in Florida (ZERO problems at border)

Jul 25 2006 - Packet 3 received

August - ABANDONED PROCESS

How many DAYS has it been since you sent in your application?

Find out here: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

Ok...this post has gotten a bit tense. I'm here to be positive while waiting out my honey's visa and to get and give any help I can. SO :thumbs: to everyone here. I'm heading home from work to mark one more day off the calendar, hope everyone can resolve their differences and do the same.

(Sorry, middle child syndrome - have to keep the peace!) :blush:

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline
I must say tho - shame on people saying 'american women are this' or american men are that' or 'spanish women are the other' and I 'had to go abroad to find a mate'

Some of us fell in love with a PERSON not a set of ideas or a flippin tick list of wants, and it wouldn't have mattered squat where they came from - it was THEM not their country that mattered.

:thumbs:

Our K1 Journey Click Here
K1 Interview in Jakarta Click Here
AOS Journey:
May 02, 2006 :AOS Sent to Chicago...Let the couting begin
May 03, 2006 :AOS received in Chicago
May 12, 2006 :Received NOA1 dated 05/09/2006
May 22, 2006 Biometrics Notice Rcvd dated 05/17/2006
May 30, 2006 :Biometrics done in ASC Birmingham
July 01, 2006 :Interview Letter received
Aug 30, 2006 :Interview in Atlanta & got RFE for I-693A! OUCH!!!
November, 2006 :I-693A Sent. The waiting goes on...
April 4, 2007: Infopass & it doesn't help at all!!!
April 18, 2007 :Contacting our Congressman.
May 18, 2007 : E-mail rcvd, Welcome Notice Sent! Finally!!!
April 22, 2007 : E-mail rcvd, GC has been ordered
April 24, 2007 : Welcome Notice Rvcd. Yeeehaaa!!!!
June 1, 2007: GC arrived! Yippy! USCIS Free for 2 years!
2008: Moved to China
2009: Conditional GC Expired and Husband has been having affairs since 2008 in China. Can't file for ROC since he got laid off. He came to Jakarta to live with me and my parents. He got a new job. Life resume to normal or so I thought.
March 2010: Officially separated after yet more affairs exposed just a day after my birthday!

February 2011: Officially divorced.
June 18, 2011: He married the girl he had the last affair with.

August 2014: I am engaged with my real soulmate. Not an American.

Timeline

I see people in other countries raising families just fine on one income of 400$ a month. Planning, execution, less greed. Marriage and families are hard !!! Do not take it lightly.

400$ in US and 400$ in another country is NOT the same thing..... you should know this...look at money in the amount it suffices for things.....

my monthly income in Croatia is more than enough, however that same amount transfered to US is meager simply because of inflation, general cost of living and many other things.....

focuses hard to NOT comment on all else said

Of course. Comment all you want. Have an opinion, its OK.

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

My experiences have shown me I can live with less and enjoy life more. I have seen other cultures and countries that have horrible goverments, but great people that know this truth.

Does your experience include being forced to pay for the healthcare associated with a catastrophic illness? Whilst living in THIS country which does not have nationalized healthcare?

90day.jpg

Timeline
My experiences have shown me I can live with less and enjoy life more. I have seen other cultures and countries that have horrible goverments, but great people that know this truth.

Does your experience include being forced to pay for the healthcare associated with a catastrophic illness? Whilst living in THIS country which does not have nationalized healthcare?

You say this like EVERYONE will have a catashropic illness in their family.

You know what... I WANT NATIONALIZED HEATH CARE TOO !!

But that really has nothing to do with how I feel about family values in western culture, so I am not sure where you are going with this.

So we are in agreement, REFORM HEALTHCARE NOW !!! :yes::lol:

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
  • The two funniest parts of this thread, for me, were:
Your post reminded me of Eddie Murphy when he was talking about "I want half Eddie".
(At least someone else remembers "Umfoofoo" besides me! Nice!)
and...
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
......FORGIVE MY IMPOTENCE...PLEASE......

Yep! :lol:

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

You know what, a lot of people are being financially pressured by rising healthcare costs that are driven by corporate interests and profit. I think these values suck and do more to erode families than that fabulous bogeyman who doesn't shave her armpits, the co-called feminist. I'm pretty sure most of the benefit are not female either.

I see a lot of erosion of traditional human values in the west (I know a lot more men who won't grow up and shirk family responsibilities than I do women) but I hardly think women bear sole responsbility for this because they choose to go to work.

90day.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I see a lot of erosion of traditional human values in the west

That's funny. I saw a lot of that erosion in Asia this year as well.

I blame it on a globalized economy.

So there. :P

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.