SteveLaura

God

189 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
There is no god.

All I know is that people who claim that there's no God suddenly start praying when something bad happens to them...

ditto! :thumbs:

Maybe weak people. That's what religion is for. Filling a gap humans are too weak-minded to fill themselves.

You know, I pretty much keep my mouth shut about my faith and belief in God on this board. You don't see me calling people names or ridiculing them in some form or fashion if they make it clear that they do not share my beliefs. Apparently the same respect can't/won't be given to me and other fellow Christians in return on this board.

This is not a new thing, I've been in VJ for a long long time and realized that this was the case, and I've kept my peace. But between this thread and the gay pride parade, I have reached my limit.

I am not a weak, uneducated, intolerant sheep.

Amen to your post, especially the bolded. Yeah I am getting to a breaking point and am frustrated and don't even want to post here as much anymore. It's not that anything here has changed, it's just I don't know how much more I want to take. It's not worth it, why should I choose to participate so often in a place where my views are in the minority, where I am tired of seeing sexual innuendos constantly, seeing inappropriate pictures in threads where they have no place when my husband is sitting next to me reading wondering what happened to VJ and why are there those kinds of pics on threads that have nothing to do with it, and am treated as stupid b/c of my beliefs. I can't say I'll go away b/c I am addicted but I also like some ppl here and want to keep up with their lives. I know I am ranting but I have never felt so annoyed by VJ before than I have lately. Rant over and people think what you want about my freak out.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no god.

All I know is that people who claim that there's no God suddenly start praying when something bad happens to them...

Maybe weak people. That's what religion is for. Filling a gap humans are too weak-minded to fill themselves.

You know, I pretty much keep my mouth shut about my faith and belief in God on this board. You don't see me calling people names or ridiculing them in some form or fashion if they make it clear that they do not share my beliefs. Apparently the same respect can't/won't be given to me and other fellow Christians in return on this board.

This is not a new thing, I've been in VJ for a long long time and realized that this was the case, and I've kept my peace. But between this thread and the gay pride parade, I have reached my limit.

Way to go girl! Dont let her bug ya. She is so deep in left field all you can hear is a faint echo. :innocent:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:rolleyes:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
There is no god.

Amen to your post, especially the bolded. Yeah I am getting to a breaking point and am frustrated and don't even want to post here as much anymore. It's not that anything here has changed, it's just I don't know how much more I want to take. It's not worth it, why should I choose to participate so often in a place where my views are in the minority, where I am tired of seeing sexual innuendos constantly, seeing inappropriate pictures in threads where they have no place when my husband is sitting next to me reading wondering what happened to VJ and why are there those kinds of pics on threads that have nothing to do with it, and am treated as stupid b/c of my beliefs. I can't say I'll go away b/c I am addicted but I also like some ppl here and want to keep up with their lives. I know I am ranting but I have never felt so annoyed by VJ before than I have lately. Rant over and people think what you want about my freak out.

I can totally empathize with your's and Cassie's sentiments, but because this is an open board and people post their opinions, sometimes people will get offended and perhaps even outraged. Some of the opinions here in this thread are lacking of tolerance which is kind of ironic coming from some people.

What I see missing lately is the camaraderie that many who've been here awhile have enjoyed. It's like people dig themselves into their ideological trenches and decide that anyone they don't agree with on things must be their enemy...then it becomes a, "I don't give a rats ####### what you think - I'll speak my mind how I like," attitude. I'm not sure what to do but I've always looked up to brother Dean whose been someone everyone here is on friendly terms with. Maybe there's too much expressing opinions here and not enough friendly, non-controversial discussions?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I just admit that I don't know where I come from and I don't really care.

i didn't know you were adopted. :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

There is no god.

I can totally empathize with your's and Cassie's sentiments, but because this is an open board and people post their opinions, sometimes people will get offended and perhaps even outraged. Some of the opinions here in this thread are lacking of tolerance which is kind of ironic coming from some people.

What I see missing lately is the camaraderie that many who've been here awhile have enjoyed. It's like people dig themselves into their ideological trenches and decide that anyone they don't agree with on things must be their enemy...then it becomes a, "I don't give a rats ####### what you think - I'll speak my mind how I like," attitude. I'm not sure what to do but I've always looked up to brother Dean whose been someone everyone here is on friendly terms with. Maybe there's too much expressing opinions here and not enough friendly, non-controversial discussions?

Melodramatic much. Clearly I don't share this view. Am I at the bottom of an ideological tranch? Who are my 'enemies'? and who the hell wants a bunch of insincere 'friendly, non-controverial discussions' with clones of oneself? Of course, if the concensus if that that is what people want...

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Steve, why is getting along with everyone so important? Respect to bro Dean, but he usually doesn't say much more than "chopfcuk" or "you are right thinking etc etc" so that's a good way to stay on everyone's good side. Also, since he's usually in on the sex jokes in random threads, he's obviously upset people like Stina (whose post I agreed with 100% despite the fact that it was mostly in response to me and my distaste for Christianity, although if people insist on being xtian, I'd like more of them to act like she does).

Intolerance is saying people shouldn't be able to express who they are and their opinions. I never said Christians should be shot. But I don't feel I have to respect beliefs I think are completely nutty. I respect your right to hold them, but I think they're silly. I'm sorry. (No I'm not.)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
There is no god.

I don't get offended really easily, honestly I don't. But I am getting very tired of of being called intolerant by people being very intolerant themselves.

I probably will never be able to explain my faith to everyone's satisfaction, and that's fine, I understand that. But stop calling me weak, stupid, etc etc because I have a personal relationship with God.

/end rant

I am missing the widespread friendly comraderie as well. I find that once someone gets a label (liberal and conservative being the favourites), it gets constantly brought up in the weirdest places, like "you can't possibly think THIS way, you're a [insert label] here". For example, Marc just made a comment about Alex: "She is so deep in left field all you can hear is a faint echo." Was that really necessary?? maybe I am reading too much into stuff, I don't know. I blame the constant barrage of political threads for this! :P

What many fail to realize is that many people are a mix of things and can't be fit into a box. I think what makes Brother Dean special is that he may disagree with a person, but manages to let you know that he sees where you may coming from and that is equally legitimate. Does that make sense?

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Intolerance is saying people shouldn't be able to express who they are and their opinions. I never said Christians should be shot. But I don't feel I have to respect beliefs I think are completely nutty. I respect your right to hold them, but I think they're silly. I'm sorry. (No I'm not.)

I am not asking for people to respect my beliefs, especially if they disagree with them. I just ask for some respect for me as a person, in that my beliefs can be questioned without the adjectives. I am not sure if I am making sense.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

There is no god.

I don't get offended really easily, honestly I don't. But I am getting very tired of of being called intolerant by people being very intolerant themselves.

I probably will never be able to explain my faith to everyone's satisfaction, and that's fine, I understand that. But stop calling me weak, stupid, etc etc because I have a personal relationship with God.

/end rant

I am missing the widespread friendly comraderie as well. I find that once someone gets a label (liberal and conservative being the favourites), it gets constantly brought up in the weirdest places, like "you can't possibly think THIS way, you're a [insert label] here". For example, Marc just made a comment about Alex: "She is so deep in left field all you can hear is a faint echo." Was that really necessary?? maybe I am reading too much into stuff, I don't know. I blame the constant barrage of political threads for this! :P

What many fail to realize is that many people are a mix of things and can't be fit into a box. I think what makes Brother Dean special is that he may disagree with a person, but manages to let you know that he sees where you may coming from and that is equally legitimate. Does that make sense?

We are all different and communicate in our own ways. To try and get all ppl to conform in a way that is acceptable to everyone is totally impossible. I think its quite refreshing actually.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

There is no god.

yup :thumbs:

Lol, very true. I'm sort of in the middle but everyone has there own beliefs and opinions. My fiance goes to church and I don't have a problem with it at all.

beach_1_001.jpg

I am not asking for people to respect my beliefs, especially if they disagree with them. I just ask for some respect for me as a person, in that my beliefs can be questioned without the adjectives. I am not sure if I am making sense.

There is a difference between saying "your beliefs are nutty" and "you are nutty because of what you believe". Maybe my posts will be re-read bearing those sentiments in mind.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .