SteveLaura

God

189 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
to each his own...........

i say no prayers for my sister fracas and brother platy..but request they honor me with their friendship...in life, that is enough

Indeed wise Broster Dean... to each their own.

And of course you'll always be my BFF.jpg

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
ok...well, then I hope for your sake that you'll never end up in a situation where God is the only one to turn to

You don't see how that sounds sooo pompous?

It's the same to me as someone saying well, you'll wish you had a gun when your house is broken into and you are in danger. To me, that says people just can't grasp that there are other beliefs or opnions...at all.

I had to laugh at that comment - "I'm glad I go to church, because if I didn't God might not have struck down that mugger with a carefully guided thunderbolt"

:devil:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
i agree..

if according to quantum physics, god is a being above the limit of the theoretical dimensions (11), in his plane, there's no time per se.. so, theres no after or before for him... everything kinda happens within him (like the king point from the flatlanders novel)..

but then.. on scientific terms, theoretically there was no time either before the big bang.. so before 'the earth' or universe, it was a timeless singularity.. IMO

If God exists, then doesn't it stand to reason (insofar as a belief in God can be considered reasonable) that He also created Time, and therefore before Creation there was nothing? Shunya, as the Vedas refer to it. Literal translation: zero.

Interesting. Thanks.

Can something exist outside of Time? I am used to things having a beginning (creation) and an end (death and/or destruction). Both these events occur in Time. Some things we can pinpoint the exact time of the occurence (my birth, for example, or my grandfather's death) and others we have to estimate (when man discovered tools or when dinosaurs became exist). Without Time, a minute and a million years become the same and are equally irrelevant. I can't comprehend how something can exist without having a time boundary (creation-destruction) surrounding it.

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I can't comprehend how something can exist without having a time boundary (creation-destruction) surrounding it.

Of course you can't. Not with your puny brain!

Yeah, I aim too high. I can't even do percentages yet.

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
...Christianity has created a clear hierarchy between people who go to heaven, whatever's in the middle (depending on your specific religion) and those who burn in hell. It's even visualized as heaven "above" and hell "below."

In effect, just being a Christian means you disrespect me. Believing in God doesn't mean that, though.

Alex, that is your understanding of Christianity but not mine nor many who follow the faith of Christianity. Just as there are many factions of Judaism, there are many factions of Christianity, some of which have quite opposing views on their beliefs. About the only that you can say with certainty is that all Christians believe that Jesus was the Messiah, Son of God...beyond that, there's not much that you can broadly define Christians with.

Edited by Jabberwocky

Filed: Timeline
About the only that you can say with certainty is that all Christians believe that Jesus was the Messiah, Son of God...beyond that, there's not much that you can broadly define Christians with.

How about the Bible?

I am certain the Bible says more than that.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline
About the only that you can say with certainty is that all Christians believe that Jesus was the Messiah, Son of God...beyond that, there's not much that you can broadly define Christians with.

How about the Bible?

Not really because there is a broad spectrum of just what the Bible is, what it means, and how it is to be interpreted among Christians. Typically, you only hear about Christians who regard the Bible as the ultimate and only source for their beliefs, but they don't represent all Christians.

How about the Bible?

Not really because there is a broad spectrum of just what the Bible is, what it means, and how it is to be interpreted among Christians. Typically, you only hear about Christians who regard the Bible as the ultimate and only source for their beliefs, but they don't represent all Christians.

So your contention is that the Bible says "Jesus is the Son of God" and nothing else? The Bible is just one sentence long?

Or does the Bible say a lot more and you only believe that one sentence?

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

One day it will finally be proven that for 2 thousand years, people based their lives - killed and died over it - on the words of an early Harlequin Romance novel written by an unemployed shepherd...

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Timeline

How about the Bible?

So your contention is that the Bible says "Jesus is the Son of God" and nothing else? The Bible is just one sentence long?

Or does the Bible say a lot more and you only believe that one sentence?

There were followers of Christ before the Bible existed. The belief that Jesus was the Messiah requires no documentation, just a belief in the proclamation. The Bible does not preclude Christianity.

Edited by Jabberwocky