SteveLaura

God

189 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

I don’t see people coming against Christians or religious people on this forum, because the majority of this forum does believe in some kind of God. The few of us that don’t follow that path are in the minority. Speaking against culture, that has been in place for thousands and thousands of years, is not something easy to do, since you know as soon as you open your mouth about God, you will have people tell you, that you are a sinner, and punishment is pretty hard core, so most people like myself, refrain from every bringing up religion. Religion is very strong in America, and to go up against this belief, well you will be ousted, that is why most prefer to never talk about their doubts. You are in the majority, where as anyone who thinks, or questions, is in the minority.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
There is no god.

All I know is that people who claim that there's no God suddenly start praying when something bad happens to them...

ditto! :thumbs:

Again, a broad generalization. I "claim" there's a God. I'm quite secure in my faith. I don't just suddenly start praying when something bad happens however. I pray in thanksgiving nearly every day of my life.

I agree with the broad generalization part... and I have to say I find it distasteful to be told ohh, you'll come to your senses when you need God....the old, no atheists-in-a-foxhole rubbish.

Edited by Sister Fracas

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

There is no god.

All I know is that people who claim that there's no God suddenly start praying when something bad happens to them...

Again, a broad generalization. I "claim" there's a God. I'm quite secure in my faith. I don't just suddenly start praying when something bad happens however. I pray in thanksgiving nearly every day of my life.

I agree with the broad generalization part... and I have to say I find it distasteful to be told ohh, you'll come to your senses when you need God....the old, no atheists-in-a-foxhole rubbish.

ok...well, then I hope for your sake that you'll never end up in a situation where God is the only one to turn to

07-25-07 petition sent

08-07-07 NOA1

01-23-08 NOA2, 182 days after filing

02-11-08 medical

03-04-08 interview in Frankfurt---approved!

03-11-8 Visa in hand --- what a heck of a procedure for this little sticker ;-)

06-16-08 flight to IAD

07-11-08 Wedding in Santa Barbara, CA

08-07-8 AOS package sent

08-10-08 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox

08-14-08 check cashed

08-13-08 NOA1 for EAD,AP,AOS

09-03-08 Biometrics appointment

10-02-08 Case transferred to CSC

10-16-08 EAD and AP approved

01-26-09 AOS approved w/o interview

01-31-09 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED

02-11-11 Biometric Appointment for Removing of Conditions

Our Wedding Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rahela07/OurWedding07112008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just reading the thread... I don't feel that because someone doesn't SAY they think I'm inferior and am going to burn in hell for my lack of faith, they're less offensive to me than if they were to say it out loud. Call it what you want, but I think religious folk have a silly belief but that doesn't stop them from being good (or bad) people, and you think I'm EVIL and about to BURN IN HELL FOR ETERNITY. Which is worse? You can try to tell me you don't feel superior, but Christianity has created a clear hierarchy between people who go to heaven, whatever's in the middle (depending on your specific religion) and those who burn in hell. It's even visualized as heaven "above" and hell "below."

In effect, just being a Christian means you disrespect me. Believing in God doesn't mean that, though.

Filed: Timeline
There is no god.

ok...well, then I hope for your sake that you'll never end up in a situation where God is the only one to turn to

*points up*

That's the sort of comment that makes me dislike many Christians.

I'd turn to a Hostess Cup Cake or a bit of pocket lint before I'd turn to "god". People just can't grasp that "I DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD" thing, can they? As in doesn't exist, no one's home, no answer expected, no help forthcoming, etc.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
There is no god.

A truly loving God would be there regardless.

Timeline

You don't see how that sounds sooo pompous?

It's the same to me as someone saying well, you'll wish you had a gun when your house is broken into and you are in danger. To me, that says people just can't grasp that there are other beliefs or opnions...at all.

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Timeline
Gotta pray for Frances too....

As a wise Buddhist lady once said to me, I'll meditate on your happiness and success in life (F)

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Filed: Timeline
I shall pray for you, Platypius.

Thanks, Jenn!

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Timeline

something for you Platy...

pagan.gif

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You don't see how that sounds sooo pompous?

It's the same to me as someone saying well, you'll wish you had a gun when your house is broken into and you are in danger. To me, that says people just can't grasp that there are other beliefs or opnions...at all.

I had to laugh at that comment - "I'm glad I go to church, because if I didn't God might not have struck down that mugger with a carefully guided thunderbolt"

Edited by Number 6

to each his own...........

i say no prayers for my sister fracas and brother platy..but request they honor me with their friendship...in life, that is enough

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835