God

189 posts in this topic

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was trying to find a group pic of Bob Newhart and all his patients...but I stumbled onto this old photo of Suzanne Pleshette. What a beautiful woman she was. RIP, Suzanne. (F)

sp.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Steven, I think you have a thing for women in black and white. :P

I reminisce when everything used to be black and white.

Edit: Now I'm on Amazon.com ...about to order the 1st Full Season of Bob Newhart...it was such a great show.

Edited by Jabberwocky

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
There is no god.

All I know is that people who claim that there's no God suddenly start praying when something bad happens to them...

ditto! :thumbs:

Again, a broad generalization. I "claim" there's a God. I'm quite secure in my faith. I don't just suddenly start praying when something bad happens however. I pray in thanksgiving nearly every day of my life.

You know, I pretty much keep my mouth shut about my faith and belief in God on this board. You don't see me calling people names or ridiculing them in some form or fashion if they make it clear that they do not share my beliefs. Apparently the same respect can't/won't be given to me and other fellow Christians in return on this board.

This is not a new thing, I've been in VJ for a long long time and realized that this was the case, and I've kept my peace. But between this thread and the gay pride parade, I have reached my limit.

I am not a weak, uneducated, intolerant sheep.

Word. But the funny thing is that I've been labeled as a tree-huggin'-Liberal, yet I'm also a practicing (and not ashamed of it) Catholic who is anti-abortion. So what little pigeon hole should I be placed in.

There are definitely some intolerant Christians who post here, but I see far more intolerant non-Christians.

Right, otherwise, "because it says so in the Bible" would just be the end to any discussion, wouldn't it?

For those who don't believe in having their own minds perhaps.

Anyway, I thought the immediate discussion killer was any mention of "Hitler"?

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Timeline

I just wanted to point out, since my original post has been quoted over and over, that I only said that (I believe) there is no god. If anyone else wants to believe in god, that's cool. As long as it doesn't interfere with my life or the exercising of my beliefs, I don't care.

If I can't buy the newest Harry Potter movie when it's released though due to protests and petitions, I'm gonna go Fundie-bashing! :P

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
If God exists, then doesn't it stand to reason (insofar as a belief in God can be considered reasonable) that He also created Time, and therefore before Creation there was nothing? Shunya, as the Vedas refer to it. Literal translation: zero.

god.jpg

Intolerance is saying people shouldn't be able to express who they are and their opinions. I never said Christians should be shot. But I don't feel I have to respect beliefs I think are completely nutty. I respect your right to hold them, but I think they're silly. I'm sorry. (No I'm not.)

I am not asking for people to respect my beliefs, especially if they disagree with them. I just ask for some respect for me as a person, in that my beliefs can be questioned without the adjectives. I am not sure if I am making sense.

I'm with Cassie here 200%. I usually steer away from religious posts because I see so much intolerance for Christians. I don't expect everyone to believe in the same things that I do. However, I would like to see people respect other's beliefs and opinions in the same way that I do theirs.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office