panamania79

Illegal immigration

152 posts in this topic

yes. no. claymores.

woot!

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
yes. no. claymores.

woot!

no, not the sword either.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Has it become a problem ? Do you approve of it ? What do you think needs to be done to the current system ?

I think they should make it illegal!! :innocent:

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

So if u were in THEIR shoes, would you just stay there and suffer??

Curious what kind of suffering goes on in our neighbors to the south? People starving? ... anyone, or is it just depressed wages combined with the last of personal responsibility to not have 10 children when you can only afford to feed 5?

Honestly what is going on in Mexico has happened before but instead of leaving for another country where life is better they had a revolution and MADE things somewhat better... (ok maybe not exactly but certainly similar)

There you have it, if things are bad enough for enough people...the call for change will get heard (within the country) and if change is not brought about through peaceful means...

Revolution!.

I'm a little confused how with 6 million here in the states (conservative estimate) and more coming every day not to mention the ones the came before how could they not force the change...if things are as bad as you people seem to think it is?

Edited by Marc and Olga

K-1 timeline

05/03/06: NOA1

06/29/06: IMBRA RFE Received

07/28/06: NOA2 received in the mail!

10/06/06: Interview

02/12/07: Olga arrived

02/19/07: Marc and Olga marry

02/20/07: DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline

03/29/07: NOA1

04/02/07: Notice of biometrics appointment

04/14/07: Biometrics appointment

07/10/07: AOS Interview - Passed.

Done with USCIS until 2009!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Simple solution: Two teams (Illegal Aliens vs Americans) play against each other in a game such as Unreal Tournament III and after a set number of matches -- all televised, of course; complete with merchandise tie-ins -- whichever team comes out victorious has the final say.

It works because it doesn't rely on language (these games could be in English or Spanish and who really reads a whole lot in first-person shooters anyway?), mostly make use of action-based skills, and so long as everyone is set up with the same PC systems (most likely donated by some incredibly large computer company, such as Dell, in order to get a mass advertising plastered all over the place), the contest would be on relatively equal terms.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
So if u were in THEIR shoes, would you just stay there and suffer??

Curious what kind of suffering goes on in our neighbors to the south? People starving? ... anyone, or is it just depressed wages combined with the last of personal responsibility to not have 10 children when you can only afford to feed 5?

Honestly what is going on in Mexico has happened before but instead of leaving for another country where life is better they had a revolution and MADE things somewhat better... (ok maybe not exactly but certainly similar)

There you have it, if things are bad enough for enough people...the call for change will get heard (within the country) and if change is not brought about through peaceful means...

Revolution!.

I'm a little confused how with 6 million here in the states (conservative estimate) and more coming every day not to mention the ones the came before how could they not force the change...if things are as bad as you people seem to think it is?

Forcing change in Latin America can get you a pair of cement boots and a swim in the nearest lake.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

well I do not have a problem with people who want a better life. I do have a problem with one group benefiting from illegal immigration because they are the closest to the US over others. I think they should definitely relax the immigration standards and let more people in not more mexican, central & south americans or Canadians but more people around the world. There are millions of people all over the third world who would love to come to the US. I want them to have just as much chance as anyone and right now they don't.

What I hate is how big business uses illegal immigrants to keep wages low. Don't let anyone fool you, having many illegal immigrants doing a job reduces wages for labor and basic benefits the average worker receives.

I don't think illegal immigrants should be jailed or anything but I Do think people who hire illegal immigrants, and people who house illegal immigrants knowingly should be charged.

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

dreamy_Riyad-2.jpg2615261345_a42ed1904a.jpg

No one tell the hubby! Oh wait I already told HIM! :)

• 5 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

You've got to be kidding. :bonk:

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Illegal immigration is what made America what it is, good and bad! Without all those "illegal" english, french, german, italian and of course irish and too many more to list there wouldn't be an america. Although I'm sure the natives would have felt much better about it that way.

To stand up and say illegal immigration is wrong because... well you might as well include yourself your next remark unless your a real native of this land. Saying ohh but I was born here.. well your daddy or his daddy or your great great what ever wasn't born here where they? Go take a look in the mirror look at your name, your last name.. you and your people came from somewhere too.

I hate it when people try to blame everything on the "illegals" without ever thinking about the $hit these people go through just to try and make a better life for themselves. God, you've no idea what happens if they actually have to go to the hospital and get treated.. Pay up or get deported.. is what I heard from an "undocumented" friend. That's very humane isn't it? Of course "they" will tell you we all pay more because of them. We pay more because of greed, nothing more nothing less just simple evil greed! I'm sure the same people go to "church" on a sunday and thank "god" for everything he's given them.. or they've stolen from those weaker than them.

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
well I do not have a problem with people who want a better life. I do have a problem with one group benefiting from illegal immigration because they are the closest to the US over others. I think they should definitely relax the immigration standards and let more people in not more mexican, central & south americans or Canadians but more people around the world. There are millions of people all over the third world who would love to come to the US. I want them to have just as much chance as anyone and right now they don't.

What I hate is how big business uses illegal immigrants to keep wages low. Don't let anyone fool you, having many illegal immigrants doing a job reduces wages for labor and basic benefits the average worker receives.

I don't think illegal immigrants should be jailed or anything but I Do think people who hire illegal immigrants, and people who house illegal immigrants knowingly should be charged.

Your post I don't agree with everything your saying you do have some good points. But thats not the point right now.. Point is.. is it just me or does this (you) fella not look a wee bit like Bono from U2 with the glasses on? :lol:

Sorry I had to say it!

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline

Your post I don't agree with everything your saying you do have some good points. But thats not the point right now.. Point is.. is it just me or does this (you) fella not look a wee bit like Bono from U2 with the glasses on? :lol:

Sorry I had to say it!

I LOVE BONO ! :wub:

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Illegal immigration is what made America what it is, good and bad! Without all those "illegal" english, french, german, italian and of course irish and too many more to list there wouldn't be an america. Although I'm sure the natives would have felt much better about it that way.

To stand up and say illegal immigration is wrong because... well you might as well include yourself your next remark unless your a real native of this land. Saying ohh but I was born here.. well your daddy or his daddy or your great great what ever wasn't born here where they? Go take a look in the mirror look at your name, your last name.. you and your people came from somewhere too.

I hate it when people try to blame everything on the "illegals" without ever thinking about the $hit these people go through just to try and make a better life for themselves. God, you've no idea what happens if they actually have to go to the hospital and get treated.. Pay up or get deported.. is what I heard from an "undocumented" friend. That's very humane isn't it? Of course "they" will tell you we all pay more because of them. We pay more because of greed, nothing more nothing less just simple evil greed! I'm sure the same people go to "church" on a sunday and thank "god" for everything he's given them.. or they've stolen from those weaker than them.

So I can just rock up at Ireland and they will be open arms with a right this way mate. Yeah right this way into a holding cell.

The unemployment rate is now 6.1% and rising, over 1,000,000 Americans are loosing their homes, yet some are advocating the US should still have an open house policy. Countries like Canada, Australia and the UK, who are tightening up their immigration policies on a daily basis, must just be inhumane and crazy.

The statement of this country was built on illegal immigrants is silly considering this is a different world from then. No country has unlimited resources to simply let anyone come in and set up shop. America has more people living in poverty than the entire United Kingdom.

On a side topic, Just the other day I noticed 19 people were beheaded in Mexico. Are these the types of people we want to allow to come into the nation; as they see fit might I add. America currently has a two tier immigration system. The first one makes sure that all immigrants are checked and verified and so forth, even those from other first world nations. The second is one where people can literally walk in and move around as they see fit.

Edited by Aficionado

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Timeline
On a side topic, Just the other day I noticed 19 people were beheaded in Mexico. Are these the types of people we want to allow to come into the nation; as they see fit might I add. America currently has a two tier immigration system. The first one makes sure that all immigrants are checked and verified and so forth, even those from other first world nations. The second is one where people can literally walk in and move around as they see fit.

You do have a chip on your shoulder now don't you?

Never mind, I just remembered that all Mexicans have a grade 2 education, cannot speak English, and cross the border swimming.

Question remains: if you are always b1tching about the way things are in the US, why the hell don't you just leave?

You do have a chip on your shoulder now don't you?

Never mind, I just remembered that all Mexicans have a grade 2 education, cannot speak English, and cross the border swimming.

Question remains: if you are always b1tching about the way things are in the US, why the hell don't you just leave?

If the founding fathers had your attitude this country would be another Mexico.

Just did a quick google search on beheadings in Mexico. WOW!!. How many beheading cases are there. There were around 100 or so people beheaded on the first google results page alone..

I don't know about you but I wouldn't want these sort of people coming into my country. Probably not many OECD nations out there who would. Hence their stringent immigration policies.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.