aussiewench

Time Savers for NVC, plus Knowing your Case #

338 posts in this topic

Basic method: cut out the barcode with scissors, tape it or glue it onto the printout of the document. (I'm sure that'll make the computer geeks cringe but it works.) :lol:

haha, i like that(are you serious). I think i will send email lol

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

I'm totally serious. :hehe: I think that's what James meant for the DS-2030 at least, when he said to print it out.

Print out the result from the resulting pop-up window, cut out the barcode and case number below it, and paste it in the horizontal box on the DS-3032.
Anyway, I agree, emailing is easier. You don't have to worry about finding the tape, scissors, or glue. It saves a stamp or an Express envelope, and it's fast. ;)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah, unless you have a full (expensive) version of adobe acrobat, you'll have to go low tech with the DS-3032 (you didn't make me cringe girl37 nya nya nya) and physically cut and paste the barcode. All the rest of the docs are .doc files, so you will be able to just edit them directly.

However, as girl pointed out, email is a much better way to go. You'll have a faster response and it's much easier. Quite a few people lately have enjoyed a 1 or 2 day turnaround for a response and you don't even have to worry about if the forms look right, etc. :thumbs: ttyl,

mich

I'm totally serious. :hehe: I think that's what James meant for the DS-2030 at least, when he said to print it out.
Print out the result from the resulting pop-up window, cut out the barcode and case number below it, and paste it in the horizontal box on the DS-3032.
Anyway, I agree, emailing is easier. You don't have to worry about finding the tape, scissors, or glue. It saves a stamp or an Express envelope, and it's fast. ;)

Let me show you how to get your tax returns the easy way

aussiewench's thread for kicking butt in the NVC ('cause i'm too lazy to keep looking it up - haha)

Our DS-3032 email to the NVC

02 Jan 2006 - Married

...----===::: CR-1 :::===---...

22 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

14 Jul 2006 - DS-230 Package Received by USC

We stopped pursuit of CR-1 to pursue K3/AOS. For us, both required the same document, we could only have one valid copy, and the K3 was moving faster.

See profile for the details up to and in between the events listed here.

...---===::: K3 :::===---...

17 May 2006 - Date NVC says petition shipped to embassy

18 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

01 Jul 2006 - Packet "3" received from embassy

18 Jul 2006 - Medical

21 Sept 2006 - K3 Interview Date (APPROVED)

27 Sept 2006 - Received Visa

06 Oct 2006 - Arrives in the USA! Finally home together. :)

(Truncated timeline - sig too long. See profile for all details.)

Filed: Timeline

Hi Aussiewench,

Sorry for sending you PM. You are right, any mistake can be corrected by others in the forum. I am not sure if you have seen a case that has taken longer than mine to get an interview schedule(Case completed jan3,2006 and waiting eversince), but if you did, please give me some idea as too how long is reasonable wait time, I really appreciate.

my case's consular processing is at Abu Dhabi post.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

short question....can I still use the AOS barcode sheet and cover sheet that is shown in the James shortcuts? Is it still ok after the changes on the affidavit of support? Or do we need to update them?

Isabel

OUR TIMELINE

01/20/06...married

02/28/06...NOA1....I-130 VSC

May 2006..Medical in Frankfurt

06/14/06...I-130 approved via email [day 111]

06/19/06...NOA2....I-130 received via mail

07/10/06...talked to embassy to expedite the process

07/12/06...NVC stated case completed and sent to FRANKFURT[day 147]

07/17/06...received packet 3 from embassy

07/29/06...received packet 4

08/15/06...INTERVIEW at 7:30am- APPROVED

08/21/06...VISA received

08/23/06...Flight to US

08/23/06...I am back home

09/20/06...received greencard in mail

09/27/06...received SSC in Mail

09/23/07...our daughter was born :)

30/05/07...filed for Removal of Conditions

07/05/08...received NOA for I-751

01/07/08...college here I come :)

waiting for biometrics and Approval.....

usa1.gifKeith & IsabelgermanyWHT_rd30.gif

I have yet to update any of the changes as per the new I-864. The barcoded sheet will still be the same as it is only a barcode sheet. For anything else you will need to make the necessary changes. I will get to it shortly, sorry.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Timeline

Email address for NVC

NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

When making enquiries always put your case number in the subject line.

[/quo

Hi There!

I am new to this site and I think I need as much help as possible. I was born in England and I married a US permanent resident in Jan 2004 in March 2004 he filed an I130. I had no idea that it would take this length of time, but after read a few of the e-mails it seems as though I have just started :crying: In May 2006 I was approved by Immigration Services :no: and I phoned the NVC who informed us that it's been pass to them. In Nov 2006 my husband would be in the States for 5 years can you tell me the earliest time that he can apply for his citizenship? we have no idea if he has apply for K1, 2, 3 or to be honest what the lawyer has applied for me, is there any way of finding out this information without contacting the lawyer? Can you also tell me what happens next? I appreciate any help that you can give me.

Many thanks

By the way I do not know what NOA or any other of the abreviations can you please explain.

thanks again

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Email address for NVC

NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

When making enquiries always put your case number in the subject line.

[/quo

Hi There!

I am new to this site and I think I need as much help as possible. I was born in England and I married a US permanent resident in Jan 2004 in March 2004 he filed an I130. I had no idea that it would take this length of time, but after read a few of the e-mails it seems as though I have just started :crying: In May 2006 I was approved by Immigration Services :no: and I phoned the NVC who informed us that it's been pass to them. In Nov 2006 my husband would be in the States for 5 years can you tell me the earliest time that he can apply for his citizenship? we have no idea if he has apply for K1, 2, 3 or to be honest what the lawyer has applied for me, is there any way of finding out this information without contacting the lawyer? Can you also tell me what happens next? I appreciate any help that you can give me.

Many thanks

By the way I do not know what NOA or any other of the abreviations can you please explain.

thanks again

Hi - Your husband can apply for naturalization 3 months before the 3rd anniversary of his permanent residence stamp at the back of his passport.

NOA means Notice of Approval.

I can't help you with information on K visas but I think the majority of members on Vj are experienced in these so I'm sure you will get many more replies to help you.

For detailed timeline - click on my name - then read our story

Hi,

If I am the agent for my filipina wife, When I am sent the DS230..... Can I fill it out and sign it? Or will I have to send it to her over in the Philipinnes so she can sign it?

Thanks,

Lorna & Mike

2_us1.JPG

May 1,2006 Went to Philippines and married my sweety.

----------------------------------

Case completed at NVC 12-01-06 Yaaaaay

Received Interview date notice Feb 6

Physical Feb 20-21 (Went well!)

Interview date March 19"

Be sure to print out a copy of silly girls famous ST. Lukes step by step story.... Its fantastic and made it incredibly easy for my wife to go through the 2 day procedure. I will go find it and put a link.... here it is:

http://www.raymonddouglas.com/visa/medical.pdf

Do yourself a favor and print this out and take it with you to your physical....You'll be glad you did!!

Entered USA 06/06/2007

-----------------------------------------

Naturalization

Sent N-400 on 3/11/10

They received 3/15/10

Cashed Check 3/19/10

Received NOA 3/29/10

Received bio notice 4/05/10

Early biometrics 4/14/10 different from

the date assigned (Original BIO date was 4/27)

Received interview date notice 5/19

Interview 6/24

Oath 8/13 Done.... and DONE!!!! :-)

Hi again,

I downloaded the forms but the ones with a barcode wouldn't open with the barcode. When i tried to open those .docs, I get a popup saying:

"UNABLE TO LOAD GRAPHICS coversion filter. do you want to continue?"

When i click yes, it opens the doc but the bar code is not there.

I have winxp service pack 2 and whatever the default wordpad is.

Any ideas how to fix this so i can see the barcode image when I open these forms?

Thanks,

Lorna & Mike

2_us1.JPG

May 1,2006 Went to Philippines and married my sweety.

----------------------------------

Case completed at NVC 12-01-06 Yaaaaay

Received Interview date notice Feb 6

Physical Feb 20-21 (Went well!)

Interview date March 19"

Be sure to print out a copy of silly girls famous ST. Lukes step by step story.... Its fantastic and made it incredibly easy for my wife to go through the 2 day procedure. I will go find it and put a link.... here it is:

http://www.raymonddouglas.com/visa/medical.pdf

Do yourself a favor and print this out and take it with you to your physical....You'll be glad you did!!

Entered USA 06/06/2007

-----------------------------------------

Naturalization

Sent N-400 on 3/11/10

They received 3/15/10

Cashed Check 3/19/10

Received NOA 3/29/10

Received bio notice 4/05/10

Early biometrics 4/14/10 different from

the date assigned (Original BIO date was 4/27)

Received interview date notice 5/19

Interview 6/24

Oath 8/13 Done.... and DONE!!!! :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Are all the links in this topic working? I am here to help fix things if not. Let me know :)

I noticed in post 2 of this topic "NVC-generated I-864 instructions (available by clicking HERE). " has a broken non working link. If you can get me the file I will upload it and fix the link :).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Are all the links in this topic working? I am here to help fix things if not. Let me know :)

I noticed in post 2 of this topic "NVC-generated I-864 instructions (available by clicking HERE). " has a broken non working link. If you can get me the file I will upload it and fix the link :).

I have updated the link to download the I-864 in James Shortcuts. All other links seem to be ok apart from the NVC-generated I-864 instructions and I dont have access to that.

To CR-1 members

If any member who has recently gotten the new NVC-generated I-864 instructions could they please PM me to let me know or send a scanned copy direct to the Captain so as we can get the link working. Thanks

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.