aussiewench

Time Savers for NVC, plus Knowing your Case #

338 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
Email address for NVC

NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

When making enquiries always put your case number in the subject line.

Aussie, would this be the email address to send in the email designating

the choice of Agent(DS-3032) ?

Sent I-130 to TSC

Received NOA1 from CSC with a date of 8/15/06

I-130 petition approved 4/16/2008 after 19 months.

Got IIN from NVC 5-13-08

Paid AOS fee online 5-14-08, Paid IV Fee online 5-27-08

Sent I-864 forms 5-27-08

Sent DS-230 forms 5-28-08

6-2-08 called NVC and msg says "received all information,processing will take 4-6 weeks"

6-13-08 called NVC, CR1 is complete, sent RFE for CR2. returned to NVC, waitn on result

6-26-08 case complete/approved. Waiting to be transferred to U.S. Embassy in Guangzhou, China for interview date

7-7-08 Petition forwarded to Guanzhou, China. Awaiting interview letter.

Email address for NVC

NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

sure is :thumbs:

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

See my post in another thread, for an alternate way to print barcodes.

2005-08-10: Met Natalia and fell in love. Too bad she didn't.

2006-01-13: Married. Biggest mistake of my life.

2006-03-07: Began the I-130/I-129F process.

2006-11-01: POE - JFK / Home in Austin!

2006-11-15: She hits me and continues pattern of abuse.

2006-11-16: I filed for divorce.

2006-11-17: Wife is served divorce papers; she and daughter return to Russia.

2007-12-08: She returns to Russia "for the holidays" (lied to lawyers and court).

[many more ups and downs during this time period - mostly downs]

2008-03-26: File for bankruptcy.

2008-07-30: Bankruptcy finalized.

2008-08-27: Divorce final. Started piecing my life back together.

(See my timeline for details.)

Disclaimer: I'm just a guy who married for love, but she didn't! All she wants is money and a green card.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
See my post in another thread, for an alternate way to print barcodes.
Oops... I copied the wrong link to my post. :blush: And the site won't let me edit my own post. :angry:

Corrected link

2005-08-10: Met Natalia and fell in love. Too bad she didn't.

2006-01-13: Married. Biggest mistake of my life.

2006-03-07: Began the I-130/I-129F process.

2006-11-01: POE - JFK / Home in Austin!

2006-11-15: She hits me and continues pattern of abuse.

2006-11-16: I filed for divorce.

2006-11-17: Wife is served divorce papers; she and daughter return to Russia.

2007-12-08: She returns to Russia "for the holidays" (lied to lawyers and court).

[many more ups and downs during this time period - mostly downs]

2008-03-26: File for bankruptcy.

2008-07-30: Bankruptcy finalized.

2008-08-27: Divorce final. Started piecing my life back together.

(See my timeline for details.)

Disclaimer: I'm just a guy who married for love, but she didn't! All she wants is money and a green card.

• 3 weeks later...

Choice of Agent was accepted via e-mail for us, saved time. As I get the new documents for fees and forms, I would like to add those for other members. I noticed slight differences between the I-864 bill and Jame's Shortcut template. Let me know if I can send scanned copies to someone, where that person can convert the new and different forms to Word documents for use by other members.

God Bless, Gary

GARY & MARIVIC'S TIMELINE

Service Center: California Service Center

Embassy: Manilla, Philippines

CR-1 Visa

Date I-130 Sent : 06-28-2006

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt) : 07-24-2006

Date I-130 NOA2 (Approved) : 09-13-2006

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-29-2006

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 10-14-2006

Pay I-864 Bill : overnight 10-17-2006 cashed 10-20-2006

Receive I-864 Package : not generated yet

Return Completed DS-3032 : e-mailed Choice of Agent 10-13-2006 accepted by NVC 10-17-2006

Receive IV Bill : generated 10-24-2006/not received yet

K3 Alternative Track

Date I-129F Sent : 07-26-2006

Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt) : 08-04-2006

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 10-03-2006

Hi,

For the I-230.....

Can we just call the automated phone system to find out if the 230 has been generated?

Or must we speek to a live operator?

Thanks! These shortcuts have already saved me about 3 weeks! :-)

Mike

2_us1.JPG

May 1,2006 Went to Philippines and married my sweety.

----------------------------------

Case completed at NVC 12-01-06 Yaaaaay

Received Interview date notice Feb 6

Physical Feb 20-21 (Went well!)

Interview date March 19"

Be sure to print out a copy of silly girls famous ST. Lukes step by step story.... Its fantastic and made it incredibly easy for my wife to go through the 2 day procedure. I will go find it and put a link.... here it is:

http://www.raymonddouglas.com/visa/medical.pdf

Do yourself a favor and print this out and take it with you to your physical....You'll be glad you did!!

Entered USA 06/06/2007

-----------------------------------------

Naturalization

Sent N-400 on 3/11/10

They received 3/15/10

Cashed Check 3/19/10

Received NOA 3/29/10

Received bio notice 4/05/10

Early biometrics 4/14/10 different from

the date assigned (Original BIO date was 4/27)

Received interview date notice 5/19

Interview 6/24

Oath 8/13 Done.... and DONE!!!! :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I've been waiting for a while now for an IV fee bill. I know technically that this should not be self-generated according to James's shortcuts because of the random code placed at the end of the barcode on the bill. However, I think I'll take a chance in generating it myself without the random code if any members have a copy of theirs that they could send me. Question: Do any members have a scan of their IV fee bill? Thanks for your help,

Gary

Embassy: Manila, Philippines

Marriage: 06-18-2006

CR-1 Visa

Date Received By NVC : 09-29-2006

Return Completed DS-3032 : e-mailed Choice of Agent 10-13-2006 accepted by NVC 10-17-2006

Received I-864 Package : 11-08-2006 sent overnight

I-864 Package Received by NVC: 11-09-2006

Received IV Bill : generated 10-23-2006/not received yet

Pay IV Fee Bill: not received yet

Received DS230: not received yet

Sent DS230: not received yet

K3 Alternative Track

Received by Manila Embassy: 10-12-2006

It has been tried in the past without success. Have you called the NVC and spoken to an operator?

Hello,

I've been waiting for a while now for an IV fee bill. I know technically that this should not be self-generated according to James's shortcuts because of the random code placed at the end of the barcode on the bill. However, I think I'll take a chance in generating it myself without the random code if any members have a copy of theirs that they could send me. Question: Do any members have a scan of their IV fee bill? Thanks for your help,

Gary

Just noticed this, sorry.

Yes you can hear via the automated system. You will only be able to hear the latest so if you think you may of missed something, just follow the prompts to speak to an operator.

All the best to you.

Hi,

For the I-230.....

Can we just call the automated phone system to find out if the 230 has been generated?

Mike

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

It has been tried in the past without success. Have you called the NVC and spoken to an operator?

Hello,

Gary

Just noticed this, sorry.

Yes you can hear via the automated system. You will only be able to hear the latest so if you think you may of missed something, just follow the prompts to speak to an operator.

All the best to you.

Hi,

For the I-230.....

Mike

Thanks for the note-I will call the operator Monday. Have a good weekend!

Gary

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello.....I need your adivce. I'm a new member.

I live in Georgia. I am presently here in NJ for a clinical rotation only up to January 6, 06. I've been here in NJ since Nov.4 '06. I did not file any change of address with the NVC since I was scared that all the mailings will be screwed up.

My parents' case are in NVC now.

Th DS 3032 and AOS bill has been generated last August 21.

My mother and father emailed NVC yesterday per Jamie's and Aussie's instructions. My Georgia state address was used for the choice of agent.

I was planning to just allow it that way since I'll return to my Georgia address on Jan.6

And I applied for the USPS change of address mail-forwarding (non-premium) until Dec. 23.

I've been receiving forwarded mails w/o problems........until..........

Now, USCIS CA emailed me yesterday about the approval notices that were returned by our post office. I called our post office, and they said, they didn't forward my mail to my new temporary address because the USCIS envelope has a note that says "RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED".

How about you all? Do NVC envelopes also have the "" notation?

I am afraid that the NVC mails will be returned back by the post office.

What should I do?

The CHoice of agent/address with my Georgia address has already been emailed yesterday.

NVC has not responded yet.

Should I go ahead and submit a change of address, now?

or just wait for the NVC email notfication about acceptance of the Choice of agent by email.........then send the change of address?

What is the longest time that NVC has ever responded for the choice of agent notification by email? 1 week?

Or are the NVC envelopes not containing any strict message that will make the post office return the mail back: (Return Service Requested)?

Do you think the post office will forward the NVC mails (non-strict envelope) to my new temporary address?I'm so confused on what to do.

CHanging of address has ocassionally screwed up visa applications in history. So i'm always afraid to do this.

I'll be back to my old address in 6 weeks.

Help me pls. Aussie are you there? How about the captain?

I was trying to speed up my parents'visa processing because they need to be here by APril 2006.

My parents are from the Philippines.

Thank you.....

France

(F)

Email address for NVC

NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Aussie, I have a question for you. (Nov. 22). You've been wonderful to everyone!

I'm not sure if I threaded my question correctly. Its somewhere here, below or above.

Thank you.....be blessed!

Francel

Hello,

Gary

Embassy: Manila, Philippines

Marriage: 06-18-2006

CR-1 Visa

Date Received By NVC : 09-29-2006

Received I-864 Package : 11-08-2006 sent overnight

I-864 Package Received by NVC: 11-09-2006

Received IV Bill : generated 10-23-2006/not received yet

Pay IV Fee Bill: not received yet

Received DS230: not received yet

Sent DS230: not received yet

K3 Alternative Track

Received by Manila Embassy: 10-12-2006

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

One note for I-864:

-Put your case number on the upper-right hand corner of every page. Not doing so could delay your case.

The cover sheet for I-864 says that do not send any internet downloaded documents. I guess many people are doing these shortcuts and messing a few things which may cause problems for the NVC employees.

I hope this hint helps.

One note for I-864:

-Put your case number on the upper-right hand corner of every page. Not doing so could delay your case.

The cover sheet for I-864 says that do not send any internet downloaded documents. I guess many people are doing these shortcuts and messing a few things which may cause problems for the NVC employees.

I hope this hint helps.

Using downloadable forms has not in the past shown to cause any problems at all with the NVC employees. In fact the DOS site itself has these forms to download. The reasoning one can only assume to be that there are also many other sites that have these forms but perhaps outdated.

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Hello.....I need your adivce. I'm a new member.

I live in Georgia. I am presently here in NJ for a clinical rotation only up to January 6, 06. I've been here in NJ since Nov.4 '06. I did not file any change of address with the NVC since I was scared that all the mailings will be screwed up.

My parents' case are in NVC now.

Th DS 3032 and AOS bill has been generated last August 21.

My mother and father emailed NVC yesterday per Jamie's and Aussie's instructions. My Georgia state address was used for the choice of agent.

I was planning to just allow it that way since I'll return to my Georgia address on Jan.6

And I applied for the USPS change of address mail-forwarding (non-premium) until Dec. 23.

I've been receiving forwarded mails w/o problems........until..........

Now, USCIS CA emailed me yesterday about the approval notices that were returned by our post office. I called our post office, and they said, they didn't forward my mail to my new temporary address because the USCIS envelope has a note that says "RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED".

How about you all? Do NVC envelopes also have the "" notation?

I am afraid that the NVC mails will be returned back by the post office.

What should I do?

The CHoice of agent/address with my Georgia address has already been emailed yesterday.

NVC has not responded yet.

Should I go ahead and submit a change of address, now?

or just wait for the NVC email notfication about acceptance of the Choice of agent by email.........then send the change of address?

What is the longest time that NVC has ever responded for the choice of agent notification by email? 1 week?

Or are the NVC envelopes not containing any strict message that will make the post office return the mail back: (Return Service Requested)?

Do you think the post office will forward the NVC mails (non-strict envelope) to my new temporary address?I'm so confused on what to do.

CHanging of address has ocassionally screwed up visa applications in history. So i'm always afraid to do this.

I'll be back to my old address in 6 weeks.

Help me pls. Aussie are you there? How about the captain?

I was trying to speed up my parents'visa processing because they need to be here by APril 2006.

My parents are from the Philippines.

Thank you.....

France

(F)

Aussie, I have a question for you. (Nov. 22). You've been wonderful to everyone!

I'm not sure if I threaded my question correctly. Its somewhere here, below or above.

Thank you.....be blessed!

Francel

What about using an address of perhaps a family member or good friend so as nothing else is returned to NVC. You can notify NVC via email.

Example

1. Regarding the subject case number the following information applies:

a. Beneficiary name: XXXX XXXX XXXXX - DOB: 26FEB1960

b. Petitioner name: XXXXXXX XXX XXXXX - DOB: 08JUL1962

2. I am requesting that the agents address be changed to reflect the

following:

Name

New Address

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.