aussiewench

Time Savers for NVC, plus Knowing your Case #

338 posts in this topic

I've sent in my DS230, so now just waiting for NVC to review and send over to Manila (quickly I hope). James should be commended for his shortcuts. Meanwhile, the K3 visa track I hope is fast; the new interview dates should be coming out the middle of this month, I hope. I'm going to visit my wife in Western Visayas Dec. 13-31, so I hope we hear something while I'm over there. Good luck to the rest of you, and have a great holiday season.

God Bless,

Gary

GARY & MARIVIC'S TIMELINE

Service Center: California Service Center

Embassy: Manilla, Philippines

Marriage: 06-18-2006

CR-1 Visa (MNL20067720xx)

Date I-130 Sent : 06-28-2006

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt) : 07-24-2006

Date I-130 NOA2 (Approved) : 09-13-2006

Date Received By NVC : 09-29-2006

Return Completed DS-3032 : e-mailed Choice of Agent 10-13-2006 accepted by NVC 10-17-2006

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 10-14-2006

Pay I-864 Bill : overnight 10-17-2006 cashed 10-20-2006

Received I-864 Package : 11-08-2006 sent overnight

I-864 Package Received by NVC: 11-09-2006

Received IV Bill : generated 10-23-2006/received 11-30-2006

Pay IV Fee Bill: 11-30-2006

Received DS230: not received yet in mail.

Sent DS230: Mailed 12-06-2006

K3 Alternative Track (MNL20067830xx)

Date I-129F Sent : 07-26-2006

Date I-129F NOA1 (Receipt) : 08-04-2006

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 10-03-2006

Received by Embassy: 10-12-2006

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks Aussie Wench for the advice. :dance:

Your pictures are great! Wow.

I hope I'll still be in shape like you when I already have grandchilren......

Francel

Hello.....I need your adivce. I'm a new member.

I live in Georgia. I am presently here in NJ for a clinical rotation only up to January 6, 06. I've been here in NJ since Nov.4 '06. I did not file any change of address with the NVC since I was scared that all the mailings will be screwed up.

My parents' case are in NVC now.

Th DS 3032 and AOS bill has been generated last August 21.

My mother and father emailed NVC yesterday per Jamie's and Aussie's instructions. My Georgia state address was used for the choice of agent.

I was planning to just allow it that way since I'll return to my Georgia address on Jan.6

And I applied for the USPS change of address mail-forwarding (non-premium) until Dec. 23.

I've been receiving forwarded mails w/o problems........until..........

Now, USCIS CA emailed me yesterday about the approval notices that were returned by our post office. I called our post office, and they said, they didn't forward my mail to my new temporary address because the USCIS envelope has a note that says "RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED".

How about you all? Do NVC envelopes also have the "" notation?

I am afraid that the NVC mails will be returned back by the post office.

What should I do?

The CHoice of agent/address with my Georgia address has already been emailed yesterday.

NVC has not responded yet.

Should I go ahead and submit a change of address, now?

or just wait for the NVC email notfication about acceptance of the Choice of agent by email.........then send the change of address?

What is the longest time that NVC has ever responded for the choice of agent notification by email? 1 week?

Or are the NVC envelopes not containing any strict message that will make the post office return the mail back: (Return Service Requested)?

Do you think the post office will forward the NVC mails (non-strict envelope) to my new temporary address?I'm so confused on what to do.

CHanging of address has ocassionally screwed up visa applications in history. So i'm always afraid to do this.

I'll be back to my old address in 6 weeks.

Help me pls. Aussie are you there? How about the captain?

I was trying to speed up my parents'visa processing because they need to be here by APril 2006.

My parents are from the Philippines.

Thank you.....

France

(F)

Aussie, I have a question for you. (Nov. 22). You've been wonderful to everyone!

I'm not sure if I threaded my question correctly. Its somewhere here, below or above.

Thank you.....be blessed!

Francel

What about using an address of perhaps a family member or good friend so as nothing else is returned to NVC. You can notify NVC via email.

Example

1. Regarding the subject case number the following information applies:

a. Beneficiary name: XXXX XXXX XXXXX - DOB: 26FEB1960

b. Petitioner name: XXXXXXX XXX XXXXX - DOB: 08JUL1962

2. I am requesting that the agents address be changed to reflect the

following:

Name

New Address

Hello Amerikano or anyone, :help:

Just 1 question. I'm a first timer in making barcodes.

When typing the case number (for the barcodes), I have to include the 3 letters that come before the 10 numbers right? (eg. MNL)

Sorry, I really have no idea.

I assume that I have to enter all 13 characters (3 letters + numbers) in making the barcode at idaautomation; is this right?

I couldnt paste the barcode directly to Word, so i save it first to the PICTURES file, then copy, and paste.

Thanks so much!

- Francel

Hello,

I've been waiting for a while now for an IV fee bill. I know technically that this should not be self-generated according to James's shortcuts because of the random code placed at the end of the barcode on the bill. However, I think I'll take a chance in generating it myself without the random code if any members have a copy of theirs that they could send me. Question: Do any members have a scan of their IV fee bill? Thanks for your help,

Gary

Embassy: Manila, Philippines

CR-1 Visa

Date I-130 Sent : 06-28-2006

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt) : 07-24-2006

Date I-130 NOA2 (Approved) : 09-13-2006

Date Received By NVC : 09-29-2006

Return Completed DS-3032 : e-mailed Choice of Agent 10-13-2006 accepted by NVC 10-17-2006

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 10-14-2006

Pay I-864 Bill : overnight 10-17-2006 cashed 10-20-2006

Received I-864 Package : 11-08-2006 sent overnight

Received IV Bill : generated 10-23-2006/not received yet

Pay IV Fee Bill: not received yet

Received DS230: not received yet

Sent DS230: not received yet

K3 Alternative Track

Date I-129F Sent : 07-26-2006

Received by Manila Embassy: 10-12-2006

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

Hi everyone. Thanks everybody for being so helpful.

I'm not sure if this is the place to post or not, but I tried clicking on the links from Jame's shortcuts, and couldn't get anything.

Has anyone else had trouble, like with trying the link for the MS Word copy of the AOS fee bill?

Thank you.

Since the old site crashed there is issues with many links. A good trick is, when links from the old site fail to open, if you put your cursor over the link, right click and copy shortcut. You can then paste the link into a new browser window, add a 2 after the word 'forum' in the address bar and it will take you to the document you require. I have copied James Shortcuts from the old site. See below.

When typing the case number (for the barcodes), I have to include the 3 letters that come before the 10 numbers right? (eg. MNL)

I assume that I have to enter all 13 characters (3 letters + numbers) in making the barcode at idaautomation; is this right?

I couldnt paste the barcode directly to Word, so i save it first to the PICTURES file, then copy, and paste.

Thanks so much!

- Francel

Yes you need to include the 3 letters of your case number as well as the numbers.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Thanks Aussie Wench. :)

You're a life saver! :innocent:

May you be blessed all the days of your life!

FRANCEL (F)

Thanks so much!

- Francel

Yes you need to include the 3 letters of your case number as well as the numbers.

Once the NVC system shows that it has received your AOS fee, it will generate the AOS/I-864 itself. (This may take anywhere from up to a month after you send the fee in.) Note, however, that neither the processing of the AOS fee nor the generation of the I-864 is reflected on the IVR -- you actually have to ask an operator.

--- This is the part I don't get - you actually have to ask an operater what? I sent in my AOS and they still haven't processed my payment (it's been about a week and a half now). Is there anyway to speed up the processing by calling the operator?

:help:

To find out if the AOS payment has been processed, you need to call the automated number and follow the prompts to speak to an operator. If it has, as per Jame's instructions you can then call back the following Monday, again speak to an operator and find out if the I-864 has been generated. If so you can then forward your self generated I-864, bar coded cover sheet and accompanying documents . Neither the processing of the AOS payment nor the generation of the I-864 can be confirmed via the Automated Voice Response Service.

Hi shortie81! we both from Philippines..i just wanna know what are the documents needed to send back to NVC together with DS-230. We did send already the IV fee bill last DEC. 04, 2006.

any reply will be valuable and highly appreciated :thumbs:

thanks a lot!

Once the NVC system shows that it has received your AOS fee, it will generate the AOS/I-864 itself. (This may take anywhere from up to a month after you send the fee in.) Note, however, that neither the processing of the AOS fee nor the generation of the I-864 is reflected on the IVR -- you actually have to ask an operator.

--- This is the part I don't get - you actually have to ask an operater what? I sent in my AOS and they still haven't processed my payment (it's been about a week and a half now). Is there anyway to speed up the processing by calling the operator?

To find out if the AOS payment has been processed, you need to call the automated number and follow the prompts to speak to an operator. If it has, as per Jame's instructions you can then call back the following Monday, again speak to an operator and find out if the I-864 has been generated. If so you can then forward your self generated I-864, bar coded cover sheet and accompanying documents . Neither the processing of the AOS payment nor the generation of the I-864 can be confirmed via the Automated Voice Response Service.

Hi shortie81! we both from Philippines..i just wanna know what are the documents needed to send back to NVC together with DS-230. We did send already the IV fee bill last DEC. 04, 2006.

thanks a lot

Hi Guys:

Good News: you need not wait for the DS-230 Packet.

If it has been generated..it means it has been sent, or soon to be.

Use the Short Cuts.

Create the Cover Sheet,

Send in your papers.

I sent in my DS-230 for the Phil's on the 18th.

Talked live today and they have received it.

Go to the state dept website and all the required documents are there and easy to understand.

Send everything listed,nothing more.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/applying_in.pdf

Send the documents listed.

Staple or AACO fastener them together.

Send to the

NATIONAL VISA CENTER

ATTN:CMR

32 ROCHESTER AVENUE

Portsmouth, NH. 03801-2909

No passport Photos Needed

No proof of relationship.

This is all done at the Interview.

If questions, just ask.

Good Luck and God Bless

Randy S

Sent I-130 & I-129F on 06/30/06 same day

I-129f sent to Chicago

I-130 sent to Neb. transf. to CSC.

I-129F Process

07/03/06 Rec. Date on I-129F

07/06/06 Notice Date on NOA1

07/09/06 I-129F Rec. in mail

I-130 Process

07/24/06 I-130 NOA1 rec'd in mail

Confirmed-Notice rec'd from CSC

07/03/06 Recd date on I-130 NOA1

07/20/06 Notice Date on NOA1

E-mail rec'd 09-29-06 I 130 APPROVED

10/17/06 NVC rec'd , awaiting case #

10/19/06 NVC gives case #

10/30/06 NVC sent DS-3032 & I-864 bill.

10/31/06 DS-3032 sent using J's s/c

10/31/06 Wife e-mails NVC agent

11/01/06 I rec'd DS-3032 & AOS Fee Bill

11/07/06 NVC acccepts e-mailed agent

11/09/06 AOS Fee Bill O/N to NVC

11/13/06 NVC gnrts IV Bill

11/14/06 NVC rec'd AOS Fee Bill

11/21/06 I got IV Bill

11/22/06 IV Bill sent

11/30/06 IV Fee rec'd by NVC

12/04/06 I rec'd I-864 Pack

12/04/06 DS-230 gnrtd by NVC

12/05/06 I sent I-864

12/07/06 NVC got I-864

12/18/06 Sent DS-230 to NVC

12/20/06 DS-230 rec'd snail mail

12/21/06 E-mail from NVC, Rec'd DS-230

02/06/07 Case Complete at NVC

02/28/07 Left NVC

03/01/07 Rec'd In Manila

04/20/07 Interview..Approved & put on AR... :(

05/24/07 Visa Received

06/04/07 Rose is in the U.S. (POE.MSP)

06/10/07 Green Card Arrives in mail

06/12/07 S.S # received

04/02/07 Biometrics Complete St.Paul Office University Ave.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Randy S.. :yes:

My parents (IR) are from the Philppines. I'm just waiting for my DS 230 to be generated.

I saw the link (Instructions for Visa Applicants) that you posted. That was helpful. I actually had the incorrect one last time (for Non-Philippines Applicants). Good thing I read your post!

I have everything with me except for the Police Certificates/NBI clearance.

If I knew that NVC would need this, I would have asked my parents to get those last December. (My parents lived in many provinces far from Manila, and now they're in Manila.....). It would certainly take time to get those.

I originally thought that the NBi/police clearance is only needed during the actual consular interview.

Actually, I'm confused.

Do you know if the NBI/Police clearance would be needed AGAIN during the Manila Consular interview? (aside from the ones to be submitted to NVC).

If they're needed again, should I tell my parents to get 2 copies of each NBI Clearance/Police Certificates that they need to get? (1 for NVC , 1 for Manila Consuls)

Thanks Randy S.

I liked your poem very much (F) ........very few men would ever make a beautiful poem like that........ :thumbs:

FRANCEL

thanks a lot

Hi Guys:

Use the Short Cuts.

Create the Cover Sheet,

Send in your papers.

Go to the state dept website and all the required documents are there and easy to understand.

Send to the

NATIONAL VISA CENTER

32 ROCHESTER AVENUE

If questions, just ask.

Good Luck and God Bless

Randy S

Hi Randy S.. :yes:

My parents (IR) are from the Philppines. I'm just waiting for my DS 230 to be generated.

I saw the link (Instructions for Visa Applicants) that you posted. That was helpful. I actually had the incorrect one last time (for Non-Philippines Applicants). Good thing I read your post!

I have everything with me except for the Police Certificates/NBI clearance.

If I knew that NVC would need this, I would have asked my parents to get those last December. (My parents lived in many provinces far from Manila, and now they're in Manila.....). It would certainly take time to get those.

I originally thought that the NBi/police clearance is only needed during the actual consular interview.

Actually, I'm confused.

Do you know if the NBI/Police clearance would be needed AGAIN during the Manila Consular interview? (aside from the ones to be submitted to NVC).

If they're needed again, should I tell my parents to get 2 copies of each NBI Clearance/Police Certificates that they need to get? (1 for NVC , 1 for Manila Consuls)

Thanks Randy S.

I liked your poem very much (F) ........very few men would ever make a beautiful poem like that........ :thumbs:

FRANCEL

Francel:

You do not need police certicates.

All you need to get is the NBI clearance. Police certificates are only necessary if they are from another country living in the Philippines. If they are from the Philippines, they only need the NBI clearance, and they say that although NVC receives one from the petitioner(U.S. Citizen)... One is still needed by the beneficiary at the interview. Why this is I do not understand if you have already sent one. But I guess they ask that originals of all documents you send to NVC be brought by the beneficiary to the Interview as proof of some sort.So be sure to have them get an NBI clearance with the thumb print, and have it and all the other originals in hand at the interview. Also have proof of relationship as well. Phone receipts,bills in both your names, pictures, letters, cards, ring receipts, bank statements , anything showing you are with her as a mate,and anything that shows support.So yes, you will need two copies of everything basically except for proof of relationship, which is needed only at the Interview.

I hope that helps. As soon as they generate the forms, send them and beready to go to the next step. :thumbs:

thanks a lot

Hi Guys:

Use the Short Cuts.

Create the Cover Sheet,

Send in your papers.

Send to the

NATIONAL VISA CENTER

32 ROCHESTER AVENUE

If questions, just ask.

Good Luck and God Bless

Randy S

Sent I-130 & I-129F on 06/30/06 same day

I-129f sent to Chicago

I-130 sent to Neb. transf. to CSC.

I-129F Process

07/03/06 Rec. Date on I-129F

07/06/06 Notice Date on NOA1

07/09/06 I-129F Rec. in mail

I-130 Process

07/24/06 I-130 NOA1 rec'd in mail

Confirmed-Notice rec'd from CSC

07/03/06 Recd date on I-130 NOA1

07/20/06 Notice Date on NOA1

E-mail rec'd 09-29-06 I 130 APPROVED

10/17/06 NVC rec'd , awaiting case #

10/19/06 NVC gives case #

10/30/06 NVC sent DS-3032 & I-864 bill.

10/31/06 DS-3032 sent using J's s/c

10/31/06 Wife e-mails NVC agent

11/01/06 I rec'd DS-3032 & AOS Fee Bill

11/07/06 NVC acccepts e-mailed agent

11/09/06 AOS Fee Bill O/N to NVC

11/13/06 NVC gnrts IV Bill

11/14/06 NVC rec'd AOS Fee Bill

11/21/06 I got IV Bill

11/22/06 IV Bill sent

11/30/06 IV Fee rec'd by NVC

12/04/06 I rec'd I-864 Pack

12/04/06 DS-230 gnrtd by NVC

12/05/06 I sent I-864

12/07/06 NVC got I-864

12/18/06 Sent DS-230 to NVC

12/20/06 DS-230 rec'd snail mail

12/21/06 E-mail from NVC, Rec'd DS-230

02/06/07 Case Complete at NVC

02/28/07 Left NVC

03/01/07 Rec'd In Manila

04/20/07 Interview..Approved & put on AR... :(

05/24/07 Visa Received

06/04/07 Rose is in the U.S. (POE.MSP)

06/10/07 Green Card Arrives in mail

06/12/07 S.S # received

04/02/07 Biometrics Complete St.Paul Office University Ave.

Dear Randynrose, :)

I am presently waiting for my DS 230 to be generated.

I thought I was prepared. But then I found out from the posts that NVC requires NBI/Police clearances from Filipino Applicants.

I was originally thinking that this would only be needed during the interview.

I called my parents today telling them that I need their NBI/Police clearance ASAP They each need about 8 police clearances. Wow, that's gonna take long.

I was hoping if you could let me view the exact DS 230 package, as you offered to Mark. My personal email address is maryrose_angels@yahoo.com.

I would appreciate so much. I only know about the Birth/marriage certificates.

I sent my I-864 forms (using the new versions) w/o waiting for the actual I-864 instructions. But I was nervous.......

Thanks so much, Randyrose,,,,,,and again, beautiful Poem :star: x 5!

If you would like to make sure that I'm a safe person, I'll give you the info you need. Or please just cover the names/barcodes/case numbers from your DS 230 for your privacy.

Sincerely,

FRANCEL

(F)

thanks a lot

Hi Guys:

Use the Short Cuts.

Create the Cover Sheet,

Send in your papers.

Send to the

NATIONAL VISA CENTER

32 ROCHESTER AVENUE

If questions, just ask.

Good Luck and God Bless

Randy S

I thought I was prepared. But then I found out from the posts that NVC requires NBI/Police clearances from Filipino Applicants.

I called my parents today telling them that I need their NBI/Police clearance ASAP They each need about 8 police clearances. Wow, that's gonna take long.

I was hoping if you could let me view the exact DS 230 package, as you offered to Mark. My personal email address is maryrose_angels@yahoo.com.

I sent my I-864 forms (using the new versions) w/o waiting for the actual I-864 instructions. But I was nervous.......

If you would like to make sure that I'm a safe person, I'll give you the info you need. Or please just cover the names/barcodes/case numbers from your DS 230 for your privacy.

Sincerely,

FRANCEL

(F)

I received an RFE from NVC on the CR1 (full of acronyms today)...my wife worked in Jordan as an OFW for 2 yrs and NVC asked us for a police clearance there. I had e-mailed the US Embassy back in August when we were gathering documents and USE replied that police certificates are unavailable to non-resident foreigners and that my wife did not need a clearance. Anyway, I am sending the US Embassy Immigrant Visa Unit's response to the NVC and will see if the response of one branch of the state department will satisfy the request of another branch of the state department. Meanwhile, our K3 interview is set for Feb 13 and I am hoping that the USE doesn't change its mind and require a police clearance from a country where one can't get one. Sometimes I wonder.......

Francel I am so sorry you have to get all those police clearances--

Gary

CR-1

Date I-130 Sent: 06-28-2006

Date I-130 NOA1 (Receipt): 07-24-2006

Date I-130 NOA2 (Approved): 09-13-2006

Date Received By NVC: 09-29-2006

Return Completed DS-3032: e-mailed Choice of Agent 10-13-2006 accepted by NVC 10-17-2006

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 10-14-2006

Pay I-864 Bill: overnight 10-17-2006 cashed 10-20-2006

Received I-864 Package: 11-08-2006 sent overnight

Received IV Bill: generated 10-23-2006/received 11-30-2006

Received DS230: 01-04-2007

RFE DS230: Request for orig. BC; police clearance 01-04-2007

K3

Date I-129F Sent: 07-26-2006

Packet 4 Rec'd: DHS courier 01-05-2007

Hi Gary. Thanks.

But I thought you already have an interview schedule?

From your timeline, it seems that NVC has completed your case?

My dad worked in Saudi Arabia before (jeddah and jubail). It would also be impossible for him to get a police clearance......him being not a resident or Saudi national.

I hope we won't have have a problem.

Sincerely,

FRANCEL

(F)

I received an RFE from NVC on the CR1 (full of acronyms today)...my wife worked in Jordan as an OFW for 2 yrs and NVC asked us for a police clearance there. I had e-mailed the US Embassy back in August when we were gathering documents and USE replied that police certificates are unavailable to non-resident foreigners and that my wife did not need a clearance. Anyway, I am sending the US Embassy Immigrant Visa Unit's response to the NVC and will see if the response of one branch of the state department will satisfy the request of another branch of the state department. Meanwhile, our K3 interview is set for Feb 13 and I am hoping that the USE doesn't change its mind and require a police clearance from a country where one can't get one. Sometimes I wonder.......

Francel I am so sorry you have to get all those police clearances--

Gary

CR-1

Return Completed DS-3032: e-mailed Choice of Agent 10-13-2006 accepted by NVC 10-17-2006

K3

Hi Gary. Thanks.

But I thought you already have an interview schedule?

From your timeline, it seems that NVC has completed your case?

My dad worked in Saudi Arabia before (jeddah and jubail). It would also be impossible for him to get a police clearance......him being not a resident or Saudi national.

I hope we won't have have a problem.

Yes, we have an interview scheduled for the K3 nonimmigrant track--I was hoping to get the CR1 done in time that the file would be over at the embassy so we could do the immigrant visa instead. It doesn't look like that will happen now, though, so we will adjust status here in the US if all things go well (we pray). I don't think you'll have any problem with the clearance.

Gary

CR-1

K3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.