aussiewench

Time Savers for NVC, plus Knowing your Case #

338 posts in this topic

Do the barcodes on these forms that are generated work?

I can't get the DS-230 coversheet to open

To answer the question about the bar codes, I just compared the ones I got from the NVC to the ones on this site. The Barcodes look the same EXCEPT that the ones from NVC are bigger than what is generated here.

Also, the stars on the Barcode sheets are different. NVC has the 5-star and what we have here is a 6-star. On top of that the two stars at the top right corner are missing on JAME'S Shortcuts.

I sent in all the I-864 package by using the JAME'S Shortcuts but on second thought, I've mailed in all the NVC generated barcodes to avoid complications. Better safe than sorry!

There won't be any complications. The barcode sheet is a simple mechanism to ascertain the case number nothing more. As long as the case number is there bright and bold written on the sheet, there should be no problems.

Remember, The Shortcuts are a tried and tested method over a year old now.

sanc

The Sanc - On a CR-1 Journey

Visiting the US during Immigration Process

Full Timeline here.

DoS - US Embassy in London

03-06-06 - immigrant visa interview - Visa Granted

-----

Dive Into America - British Expats & American Repats

Please do not direct any immigration related questions to me via PM or email.

Post in the forums where others can also benefit. Thanks :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What's going on with the NVC address for the AoS Fee Bill? This is a bit weird. In James' timesavers, the address to which he said to send the AoS Fee Bill matched what was on both my AoS Fee Bill and the return envelope.

However, the .doc file has a completely different address, which means the form needs to be corrected, doesn't it? Or does it? The address on the packet scans in post 22 of this thread have the same address as the .doc file. This was posted a couple months ago, but notes that it was resurrected from the archives.

So should we amend the AoS Fee Bill file? Has anyone lately received an AoS Fee Bill that had what appears to be the old address? What shall be the verdict of the VJ court? ;)

Jenny, when you say that the "form has been changed in other ways also", are you talking about the I-864 itself? If so, in what ways? Do you know specific questions/pages in the form? I guess as long as it's not the signed page, we can just swap the pages in and out, but yeah, would definitely be curious to know exactly what changes you've observed. :) Maybe we can still jump the gun a little bit. :P ttyl,

mich

Just had call from my daughter saying she received the I-864 package on Saturday. She used James Shortcuts and had already filled in hers - photocopied 3 years tax returns etc. However the new form she just received only requires the last 12 months info and the form has changed in other ways also - so she now has to scrap the previous one and start again!

Sometimes it doesn't pay to jump the gun......

Jenny

Let me show you how to get your tax returns the easy way

aussiewench's thread for kicking butt in the NVC ('cause i'm too lazy to keep looking it up - haha)

Our DS-3032 email to the NVC

02 Jan 2006 - Married

...----===::: CR-1 :::===---...

22 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

14 Jul 2006 - DS-230 Package Received by USC

We stopped pursuit of CR-1 to pursue K3/AOS. For us, both required the same document, we could only have one valid copy, and the K3 was moving faster.

See profile for the details up to and in between the events listed here.

...---===::: K3 :::===---...

17 May 2006 - Date NVC says petition shipped to embassy

18 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

01 Jul 2006 - Packet "3" received from embassy

18 Jul 2006 - Medical

21 Sept 2006 - K3 Interview Date (APPROVED)

27 Sept 2006 - Received Visa

06 Oct 2006 - Arrives in the USA! Finally home together. :)

(Truncated timeline - sig too long. See profile for all details.)

Hello,

I tried to create a barcode on www.idautomation.com, but it does not seem to work anymore. Has someone else experienced the same problem?

Michigan

When you say not working...what exactly is not happening when you have tried?

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

Worked fine for me just a few days ago. I made the barcode for my AoS Fee Bill and it matched up with the real one that they sent me. I think the thin bars are about one pixel too big (or the space between them), but the fat/skinny sequence matches perfectly for me, having followed the directions precisely. ttyl,

mich

Hello,

I tried to create a barcode on www.idautomation.com, but it does not seem to work anymore. Has someone else experienced the same problem?

Michigan

aussiewench's thread for kicking butt in the NVC ('cause i'm too lazy to keep looking it up - haha)

02 Jan 2006 - Married

We stopped pursuit of CR-1 to pursue K3/AOS. For us, both required the same document, we could only have one valid copy, and the K3 was moving faster.

18 Jul 2006 - Medical

Timeline

That's the broken image icon in ie. That means that your browser couldn't find the image at the location referenced. I'm seeing the same thing here now. Looks like the host is up (bcgen.com), but that the port isn't answering right now. Maybe the service is borked for a bit. Unless someone here knows the people that run it or want to shoot them an email, we'll just have to wait for them to notice or to fix it, I guess. ttyl,

mich

The barcode appears as a big red "X". Any idea?

02 Jan 2006 - Married

18 Jul 2006 - Medical

I'm hoping someone can help me I'm trying to download the MS Word copy of the DS-230 Part I coversheet, but having no luck. When I hit the link below it opens within the browser but it is not readable. I tried everything I can think of and I also tried a right click on the link and a “Save Target As” but again with no luck.

(http://www.visajourney.com/forums2/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=357690)

Can some please email me the DS-230 Part I coversheet at dipen_changela@yahoo.com

Many Thanks,

Dipen

Met Bindu for the 1st time at School/College & ended up going to the same Uni (not planned). We fell in love by the end of uni. I had my greencard (via family since I was 16) and was about to lose it if I didn’t move to USA. Bindu and I decided we'd be better off in America so I moved to charlotte Nov 2000. We never imagined we be apart this long (5+ yrs now)… maybe we made the wrong choice, but I doing really well as far as work and we still love each other like crazy even though we only see each other 2or3 time a year…. thank god for telephones and internet. Its taken long time for our I-130 coz when I applied I was a geencard holder not a citizen. We’re hoping it will be all over soon (by August 4th 2006 my b’day, would be best gift I ever got) and Bindu and I will live happily ever after.....

Time Line -

11/20/00 - Moved to Charlotte NC from London on Greencard

02/20/02 - Married Bindu here in Charlotte (Small court wedding, big indian wedding planed for 2005)

I-130

6/25/02 - Filled I-130 for Bindu from Charlotte NC (Me still on greencard)

1/20/06 - I became US citizen

04/10/06 - I-130 - APPROVED by USCIS

NVC

05/05/06 - New NVC case numbers entered into system

Timeline

There appears to be something messed up with apache or php or something techie like that right now ;) Here's what you (and others) need to do when downloading until this is fixed:

1) Right click

2) Go to "Save Target As" ("Save Link As" for you firefox cats)

3) CHANGE THE FILENAME to something that ends in .doc for example, coversheet.doc or AoSFeeBill.doc and hit save

4) Open in word (or openoffice.org or abiword)

For whatever reason, right now VJ's server(s) are telling your browser that it's a .php file (which it certainly is not) - specifically index.php. Windows doesn't know what to do with a .php file. It doesn't know that you want to open it with word or anything. I'm guessing when you say "again with no luck", you mean that you're getting some sort of dialog from Win asknig you what in the world you want it to do with a .php file. So when you change the filename to filename.doc, then it says "Hey! This is a word file! I know what to do with this." and happily goes about its merry way. Hope this helps. It worked for me just now. ttyl,

mich

I'm hoping someone can help me I'm trying to download the MS Word copy of the DS-230 Part I coversheet, but having no luck. When I hit the link below it opens within the browser but it is not readable. I tried everything I can think of and I also tried a right click on the link and a “Save Target As” but again with no luck.

Can some please email me the DS-230 Part I coversheet at dipen_changela@yahoo.com

Many Thanks,

Dipen

Edited by phirephly

02 Jan 2006 - Married

18 Jul 2006 - Medical

Thanks! Mich

That worked great for me, you just made my day. I was able to download and open the coversheet, your instructions were spot on... I'm good to go now, thanks again!

Dipen

There appears to be something messed up with apache or php or something techie like that right now ;) Here's what you (and others) need to do when downloading until this is fixed:

1) Right click

2) Go to "Save Target As" ("Save Link As" for you firefox cats)

3) CHANGE THE FILENAME to something that ends in .doc for example, coversheet.doc or AoSFeeBill.doc and hit save

4) Open in word (or openoffice.org or abiword)

For whatever reason, right now VJ's server(s) are telling your browser that it's a .php file (which it certainly is not) - specifically index.php. Windows doesn't know what to do with a .php file. It doesn't know that you want to open it with word or anything. I'm guessing when you say "again with no luck", you mean that you're getting some sort of dialog from Win asknig you what in the world you want it to do with a .php file. So when you change the filename to filename.doc, then it says "Hey! This is a word file! I know what to do with this." and happily goes about its merry way. Hope this helps. It worked for me just now. ttyl,

mich

Many Thanks,

Dipen

Met Bindu for the 1st time at School/College & ended up going to the same Uni (not planned). We fell in love by the end of uni. I had my greencard (via family since I was 16) and was about to lose it if I didn’t move to USA. Bindu and I decided we'd be better off in America so I moved to charlotte Nov 2000. We never imagined we be apart this long (5+ yrs now)… maybe we made the wrong choice, but I doing really well as far as work and we still love each other like crazy even though we only see each other 2or3 time a year…. thank god for telephones and internet. Its taken long time for our I-130 coz when I applied I was a geencard holder not a citizen. We’re hoping it will be all over soon (by August 4th 2006 my b’day, would be best gift I ever got) and Bindu and I will live happily ever after.....

Time Line -

11/20/00 - Moved to Charlotte NC from London on Greencard

02/20/02 - Married Bindu here in Charlotte (Small court wedding, big indian wedding planed for 2005)

I-130

6/25/02 - Filled I-130 for Bindu from Charlotte NC (Me still on greencard)

1/20/06 - I became US citizen

04/10/06 - I-130 - APPROVED by USCIS

NVC

05/05/06 - New NVC case numbers entered into system

Filed: Timeline

Hello fellow V.J's

Just question

Where can I download Choice of Agent form (ds-3032 ) (can you download it?)

For the longest time bee looking for a place where i can download it from.

Am a newbie, so be gentle ... hehehe :jest:

Thanks to Lorelle as well for all your help so far.

Paul

"To love someone deeply gives you strength.

Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

:whistle:

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Hello fellow V.J's

Just question

Paul

Could can download it here. You should read James's shortcuts. It's in there. Also, you might want to consider sending a note by email once the form has been generated. I did that yesterday and received an email today saying they'd accepted it. :thumbs:

Good luck!

Hello fellow V.J's

Just question

Paul

Hi Paul

You dont necessarily have to have the DS-3032 that girl 37 provided the link for (also available in James Shortcuts post #22)....you can use the example email in the first post of this thread and do the choice of agent that way as it is a well tested option now and appears that an original signature or form itself is not necessary. They will then confirm within a couple of days by return email.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.