Tanael Joachim

Anyone else experiencing massive timeline delays?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hey,

Wanted to drop this here to see if anyone else is experiencing any timing problem with their Adjustment of Status.

I'm a Haitian citizen living in Brooklyn. I started with a student visa here in 2008. Then after the earthquake, i switched to I-821/I-765. I filed for my I-485 (petitioned by my wife) in August of last year. After sending a few files back and forth and paying for all the fees, by November or so, all fees were paid and all files were sent. I was sent my new I-765 card with parole (to travel) while my case is pending. 

But I havent heard back from them since. It's getting close to a year now.

Anyone else experiencing unusual delays with the processes? Or is it jut me? Ad I'm aware that with the current administration and my being Haitian, things my be delayed on purpose too.

But, let me know if you guys experience the same thing, have advice, or tips.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

There are massive delays all around, unfortunately. You can always check your case status on the USCIS website to get a rough timeline estimate. 

Hang in there! 🙂

AOS timelines depends mostly on your local USCIS field office's backlog. Some may be a few months. Many are a year or longer nowadays.

We just got our interview notice sent out today (Philadelphia office)....just a few days short of a year. Hang in there.

59 minutes ago, Tanael Joachim said:

Ad I'm aware that with the current administration and my being Haitian, things my be delayed on purpose too.

There are no known delays directly due to the administration...just more applications + likely the change in policy to interview more AOS applicants (whereas many employment-based AOS cases had the interview waived).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I filed in NY too. Did my interview on Sept 11th. My priority date was August 2017. Hope this gives you an idea of the processing time here at NYC.

Good luck!

Timeline
9 hours ago, Eat_Pray_Love said:

Hi, I filed in NY too. Did my interview on Sept 11th. My priority date was August 2017. Hope this gives you an idea of the processing time here at NYC.

Good luck!

Hey Eat_Pray_Love

Thanks for your answer. I appreciate it. Hold on, when you say priority date, what do you mean exactly? Were you supposed to get an answer by August 2017 and you only got interviewed on Sept 11th 2018?

Let me know!

14 hours ago, Tanael Joachim said:

Hey Eat_Pray_Love

Thanks for your answer. I appreciate it. Hold on, when you say priority date, what do you mean exactly? Were you supposed to get an answer by August 2017 and you only got interviewed on Sept 11th 2018?

Let me know!

Priority date means the date USCIS received my application. It is the date that shows on the very first receipt from USCIS. So for me, it took about exactly a year to get interviewed

You will see people write PD in this forum - that means Priority Date!

On 9/5/2018 at 4:44 PM, Tanael Joachim said:

Hey,

Wanted to drop this here to see if anyone else is experiencing any timing problem with their Adjustment of Status.

I'm a Haitian citizen living in Brooklyn. I started with a student visa here in 2008. Then after the earthquake, i switched to I-821/I-765. I filed for my I-485 (petitioned by my wife) in August of last year. After sending a few files back and forth and paying for all the fees, by November or so, all fees were paid and all files were sent. I was sent my new I-765 card with parole (to travel) while my case is pending. 

But I havent heard back from them since. It's getting close to a year now.

Anyone else experiencing unusual delays with the processes? Or is it jut me? Ad I'm aware that with the current administration and my being Haitian, things my be delayed on purpose too.

But, let me know if you guys experience the same thing, have advice, or tips.

Thanks!

Is your wife US citizen?

mine is 

I received EAD and advanced parole August 20 this year, I first filed my forms November 2017. Two days after my EAD arrived I received a interview date set for this last September 17th.... I was approved on the spot

things do take a long time but what I do not understand is why soooooo long between your EAD and anything further.... I mean, a year! 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Diamondgeezer said:

Is your wife US citizen?

mine is 

I received EAD and advanced parole August 20 this year, I first filed my forms November 2017. Two days after my EAD arrived I received a interview date set for this last September 17th.... I was approved on the spot

things do take a long time but what I do not understand is why soooooo long between your EAD and anything further.... I mean, a year! 

Hey thanks for sharing!

Yeah, she's a US citizen.

that makes you a direct relative to a US citizen which ultimately has much shorter waiting period than being married to a green card holder.... this screenshot below is from USCIS website for i-485 processing times

have you tried calling them on the phone?

a year does seem an awfully long time from receiving your EAD

i got my EAD and advanced parole card August 8 had my interview September 17th

although mine was processed in Arkansas

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 09.56.34.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Diamondgeezer said:

that makes you a direct relative to a US citizen which ultimately has much shorter waiting period than being married to a green card holder.... this screenshot below is from USCIS website for i-485 processing times

have you tried calling them on the phone?

a year does seem an awfully long time from receiving your EAD

i got my EAD and advanced parole card August 8 had my interview September 17th

although mine was processed in Arkansas

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 09.56.34.png

a year from EAD is not a long time at all, you had a quite luck one there actually by having your interview that early.

EAD timelines and GC timelines has nothing to do with each other as they are not even processed in the same place.

Most people even had to renew their EAD these days cause it takes longer and longer every day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.