Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 6/3/2018 at 12:42 AM, adryher21 said:

How do I  save this forum? Sorry, I am new here! 

Hello everyone! Good luck to you all! 

You dont save it I guess, it just appears for me, under your profile, it says your activity, so it should appear that you posted here, just make sure your notifications are on, so you get all the info that people post! I have it as one email per day with all the new info from that day! So it doesnt bomb my email with many emails! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 hours ago, missali said:

Hi everyone just wanna share some hope for all.. My husband filed our I130 march 8... We received our noa1 march 14...and sent to nebraska.

The best part is on july 2nd we received notice that our file is being sent to nvc ..... The consular process begins... 

Good luck everyone 

Wow that's really quick!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

March filer here; I just joined this forum to add my two cents. My PD is 2018-03-21 and application was sent to TSC. Thanks everyone for your contributions; I hope to be a active contributor as well. Good luck to all.

TSC.JPG

On 6/23/2018 at 8:30 AM, HarryWL said:

They have started January dates now for Texas.

We'll be getting our NOA2 real soon guys! ^_^

Congrats sooo happy for you two!! This is the hardest think to do...the waiting... I am in the Texas center too! We hope to get an answer by Sept. :) #crossingfingers #goodluck 

3 hours ago, cariandrey said:

Congrats sooo happy for you two!! This is the hardest think to do...the waiting... I am in the Texas center too! We hope to get an answer by Sept. :) #crossingfingers #goodluck 

Good Luck to you too! My estimate approval time right now is end of August / start of September, but who knows! :)

the wait is nearly over, at least moving forward after this stage, the process is faster! :D

6 hours ago, cariandrey said:

Omg I am so ansious guys :(  MY NOA1  WAS RECEIVED ON MARCH 14 and I have not receipt NOA2 YET. BUT I have seen people here saying that they have already received NOA2 already....

SHOUld I worry or should I wait like you until september,. My service center is texas  too.

On 7/13/2018 at 9:24 PM, Amadita said:

Omg I am so ansious guys :(  MY NOA1  WAS RECEIVED ON MARCH 14 and I have not receipt NOA2 YET. BUT I have seen people here saying that they have already received NOA2 already....

SHOUld I worry or should I wait like you until september,. My service center is texas  too.

Hi I have the priority date as 03/15/18. I received NOA1 on a few days later. I have NOT yet received NOA2. I would say that you wait until September. Sounds like you and I are a day apart, so let's stay in touch. I'll let you know when I hear something.

Does anyone know about getting the Green Card? What is the process with that afterwards? We are in Australia so just a bit confused as to whether we can start the process of that or if we have to wait till we get the I130 Visa.. Also, I see our timeline has been updated to October now! Though i have seen people are starting to get theirs early, so fingers crossed for us, I am so ready to move!

22 minutes ago, alannah_rose said:

Does anyone know about getting the Green Card? What is the process with that afterwards? We are in Australia so just a bit confused as to whether we can start the process of that or if we have to wait till we get the I130 Visa.. Also, I see our timeline has been updated to October now! Though i have seen people are starting to get theirs early, so fingers crossed for us, I am so ready to move!

Ummm ... it would be worth you doing some solid reading regarding the process.. your timeline says you are applying for a spouse visa.. this is an IR /CR 1 visa which results in the beneficiary ( the non USC spouse) being granted Lawful Permanent Resident Status when they enter the US using the visa. The Green Card is simply proof of LPR status.

The  I130 application and approval is the first step. 

The National Visa Centre is the second step. 

The consulate interview in Sydney is the culmination of the third step. 

There is a very good guide on the vjers site.. go to the Guides tab -top left of this page - and look for the guide for spouse of USC

Also read read and reread information about the IR 1 visa process on the USCIS and state.gov official websites 

Bottom line ... the process your spouse started with the I130 application is the process that results in you getting a Green Card if approved. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, alannah_rose said:

@alannah_rose. As @Dee elle already alluded to, your best recourse right now is to embark on some research and learn regarding this process.  This is very crucial in the sense that if you know the process in and out you'll be able to respond to any issues that arises much quickly. Additionally, you'll also be able to handle the next steps with much ease and thoroughly. This process is very time-consuming and long and and any missteps you'll delay you even further (like months), so do you due diligence. I think pretty much you can find a lot of information on this site under Guides. There's also a nice flow chart onthe state.gov website which allows you to click each step and read more details about it. Please find it here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

As usual, we are all here to help each other so don't hesitate to ask more questions if you need help.

1 hour ago, nastra30 said:

@alannah_rose. As @Dee elle already alluded to, your best recourse right now is to embark on some research and learn regarding this process.  This is very crucial in the sense that if you know the process in and out you'll be able to respond to any issues that arises much quickly. Additionally, you'll also be able to handle the next steps with much ease and thoroughly. This process is very time-consuming and long and and any missteps you'll delay you even further (like months), so do you due diligence. I think pretty much you can find a lot of information on this site under Guides. There's also a nice flow chart onthe state.gov website which allows you to click each step and read more details about it. Please find it here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

As usual, we are all here to help each other so don't hesitate to ask more questions if you need help.

Ohhh that makes sense. We called all around and every time we were told that we needed to apply for the Green card separately but that makes everything clearer! Thank you! And thanks @Dee elle too!

On 7/10/2018 at 12:11 AM, missali said:

Hi everyone just wanna share some hope for all.. My husband filed our I130 march 8... We received our noa1 march 14...and sent to nebraska.

The best part is on july 2nd we received notice that our file is being sent to nvc ..... The consular process begins... 

Good luck everyone 

Did you expedite?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.