dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview April 2018

864 posts in this topic

Hello all, is the BCG vaccination required if you have had it as a kid for the medical? I don't see it on the list but my wife was asked about it. Or is it just the X-ray they do

I130 arrived at Nebraska Service Center - March 29, 2017

NOA1 Received April 4th

Verbal confirmation petition was approved December 26th

Approval letter sent by mail on the 26th of December - still not received (live in CZ)

NOA2 Received via email January 4th

NVC received package from USCIS on January 10th (verbally confirmed on the 18th)

Case Number & Invoice # issued on January 25th but given on the 26th.

DS261 submitted on January 29th

AOS fee paid on January 31st

IV fee paid on the 3rd of February - received the email this morning as well with the fee. Money taken out of account on the 6th.

IV fee shown as paid and DS-260 open on the 13th of February. 

DS-260 submitted on the13th February

IV and AOS documents mailed on the 13th February 

Scan Date February 17th. 

CC February 28th :)  

Interviewed scheduled on the 17th of March for April 3rd. 

Interview completed and visa approved on April 3rd. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, AndresP said:

Hello all, is the BCG vaccination required if you have had it as a kid for the medical? I don't see it on the list but my wife was asked about it. Or is it just the X-ray they do

The BCG shouldn't be required either way. In the United Sates we don't get the BCG, the cxr is going to be required, or a quantiferum gold blood test; what ever the embassy mandates. Either way it's surprising the nurse at the designated embassy health center doesn't know. Also, keep in mind if she ever gets a Mendel-Mantoux skin test it will be most likely positive.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
23 hours ago, Paola93 said:

Anybody here have called NVC for Ciudad Juarez

My CC is 2/9/18

I also have a problem I filled my tax returns 2017 ( filled married jointly --> with my overseas husband) I filled a W7 form and submitted his Voters Credential Identification , his birth certificate, and our marriage licensed certificate 

well its under process but I received our state refund and the check has both of our names and the bank does not want to accept it because he is not on my account and he has to be physically here to show an ID . Has anybody dealth with anything similar? People have told me I should of done direct deposit but it is to late now. The only thing the representative from the state of California treasury I can not cash it until he is here. I'm still waiting for my interview

and it is only valid for 6 months the check  

If its more than 6 months they can re issue the check and i return the old one

This is to answer all of the recent tax questions. First of all, for the purpose of tax returns, you do not have to file as married, even if you are married overseas, this is because you do not live with your spouse, and your spouse does not and should not pay taxes because his/her income is not coming from the U.S, therefore the spouse has no reason to be involved in the tax return, and it cannot be used against you, because remember this is being done only to determine whether you as an individual can overcome the poverty threshhold. Now, if you are still worried about that, you should file your taxes as "married filing separately"

image.png.589505d6bee8396cea235e73068ec8f6.png

That is what I did, however if you file your taxes online through an electronic service like H&R Block, it will force you to give them your spouses SSN (It was not an issue for me because my wife already has an SSN because of a super weird and unique situation, if you are curious you can ask), as such I suggest you either file somewhere with a real person, or just stick to filing as single.

Finally, someone has mentioned that whether they should take their 2017 returns, normally I would say it depends, and if your interview date is before April 17th, you shouldn't have to. However I still suggest you take those with you, it does not hurt to provide them. However, if your interview date is after April 17th, you are required to take the new tax returns with you (even if it doesn't say that anywhere, but it is implied) if you have not received your tax transcripts yet, just take the tax return themselves, and if for some reason you have not filed yet by the date of your interview, you should take your W2s and proof of extension with you. To make it easier, just file your taxes and take them with you to the interview.

One final note, I know it might seem obvious, but I just want to make sure. These taxes, are U.S taxes pertaining to the petitioner, the beneficiary does not need to provide his tax information (unless if the beneficiary is already making money somehow in the U.S and somehow the beneficiary is a joint sponsor)(very rare). 

I hope this helps everyone. Good Luck

Edited by Unclesam1990

2 hours ago, dpk said:

¡Hola!

Todos me complace informar a toda la comunidad que obtuvimos la visa. la entrevista fue el martes pasado y la visa estaba lista para ser retirada hoy. 🤗

¡UN GRAN AGRADECIMIENTO! A cada miembro de la comunidad que nos ayudó y trajo algo de compañía durante esta espera.

El proceso para nosotros tomó 333 días en total. Para cualquier pareja peruana, también puede leer mi reseña.

Para el resto de las parejas que esperan, mantén la actitud positiva y sé fuerte. No dejes que este proceso dañe tu relación, el amor puede superar cualquier cosa.

Francesca

Wonderful, congratulations!! ^_^

CR-1 (Spouse of Citizen US)

*** USCIS ***

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred?No

Consulate: Dominican Republic

Marriage: 12/15/2016

I-130 Sent: 03/07/2017

I-130 NOA1: 03/14/2017

I-130 Approved: 09/29/2017

*** NVC ***

NVC Received: 11/03/2017

Case # and Invoice ID Obtained: 11/24/2017

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 11/28/2017

Pay AOS Bill: 11/29/2017

Send AOS Package: 11/25/2017 (Sent Package Before)

Submit DS-261: 11/29/2017

Receive IV Bill: 12/04/2017

Pay IV Bill: 12/06/2017

Send IV Package: 11/25/2017 (Sent Package Before)

Form DS-260 NVC Received: 12/16/2017

SD: 12/20/2017 

CC: 02/08/2018

Interview Date: 04/24/2018 

Result: Approved.^_^

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, dpk said:

Hello!

Everyone I'm glad to let all the community know that we got the visa. interview was this past Tuesday and the visa was ready for pickup today. 🤗

A HUGE THANK YOU! To every member in the community who helped us and brought some company during this wait.

The process for us took 333 days total. For any Peruvian couples out there, feel free to read my review too.

For the rest of couples waiting, keep the positive attitude and remain strong! Don't let this process hurt your relationship, love can overcome anything.

Francesca

Congratulations and safe travels! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Showmiro said:

april 12

Your status will definitely show “Ready” this week. And if it doesn’t, it’s still fine and your interview will still go on. Wishing you success! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Ravian said:

Hi. Can anyone tell. In what form can you take your wedding video to the interview. Dvd or usb?? If anyone has any experiences then please respond

You take pictures not video they won't look at a video

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
19 hours ago, dpk said:

Hello!

Everyone I'm glad to let all the community know that we got the visa. interview was this past Tuesday and the visa was ready for pickup today. 🤗

A HUGE THANK YOU! To every member in the community who helped us and brought some company during this wait.

The process for us took 333 days total. For any Peruvian couples out there, feel free to read my review too.

For the rest of couples waiting, keep the positive attitude and remain strong! Don't let this process hurt your relationship, love can overcome anything.

Francesca

Congratulations

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

So this coming week is the last week of March and I'm hoping we get an appointment for the last days of April in Juárez. I don't mind it being in May I just want to know when it is already. This wait is stressing me out. For everyone still waiting good luck!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I’m new here and this is my first post. My visa category is F2A and PD May 9,2016 and CC March9,2018. So mu status is at Nvc .

And i hv received a letter from nvc which they quoted you are in queue for an interview .can I know anyone in the similar situation? How long they gonna take to schedule interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.