Jump to content
KC & SC

RFE is bank statement really needed?

60 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Good morning,

 

I am trying to gather paperworks to present to USCIS as they requested more evidence.

I know having joint account in bank can be very important proof that our marrige is in good shape.

However, if we print out statement from the time I joined my husband's account, the amount of

papers needed will be huge! I don't really want to print out everything.

Requirement for RFE is "Copies of bank statement that reflect joint/savings and /or checking

accounts to include the transaction pages for each bank statement period".

 

You think will it be ok not to provide banking information, but we will provide joint tax return

transcrips and copies of lease of apartments we lived in the past?

I can probably ask bank a document stating my name is on my husband's account. But

USCIS may not see as a proof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KC & SC said:

Good morning,

 

I am trying to gather paperworks to present to USCIS as they requested more evidence.

I know having joint account in bank can be very important proof that our marrige is in good shape.

However, if we print out statement from the time I joined my husband's account, the amount of

papers needed will be huge! I don't really want to print out everything.

Requirement for RFE is "Copies of bank statement that reflect joint/savings and /or checking

accounts to include the transaction pages for each bank statement period".

 

You think will it be ok not to provide banking information, but we will provide joint tax return

transcrips and copies of lease of apartments we lived in the past?

I can probably ask bank a document stating my name is on my husband's account. But

USCIS may not see as a proof.

Yes, you have to include all the pages on each statements for them not to think that you omitted anything. It is important that they will see your name and your spouse name on the statements and all the transactions that both of you contributed on all the expenses. They want to see the co-mingling assets and liabilities so bank statements are really big matter to them that's why they included on RFE that you need to send those statements.

Edited by Lemon23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm. Banking statement is not the only evidence we can submit. So I won't provide banking info.

But will provide tax returns and copies of apartment lease, and others.

I will still go to bank and ask what they can do. But last time we asked about statement, thy said they will charge

5 dollars per page. Online banking only shows the transaction from July 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF they specifically asked for bank statements then you should provide all the bank statements you have.  You can send statement from July 2016 to Present. That will be 1.5 yrs of statements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dnp2014 said:

IF they specifically asked for bank statements then you should provide all the bank statements you have.  You can send statement from July 2016 to Present. That will be 1.5 yrs of statements. 

Yes it was instructed so the OP need to follow what ever the USCIS wants them to send. Now of course OP cannot provide if in case they dont have the paperwork that the USCIS want them to send so the best things to do is to make a letter explaining why they cannot provide the paperwork that USCIS asked them to send.

Edited by Lemon23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think it is ok not to submit banking statement? We submitted in original I-751, but came back saying not enough information.

I prefer not print out at home and pay bank a lot of money for past transaction.

We plant to re-submit joint tax return and apartment lease contracts reflecting the day we got married.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KC & SC said:

Requirement for RFE is "Copies of bank statement that reflect joint/savings and /or checking

accounts to include the transaction pages for each bank statement period".

 

You think will it be ok not to provide banking information, but we will provide joint tax return

transcrips and copies of lease of apartments we lived in the past?

If the RFE is specifically asking for the bank statements----send the bank statements.

Sending something else in it's place (when USCIS specifically requested something) may just lead to another RFE for the documents they required in the first place, and delay your case even longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KC & SC said:

Do you think it is ok not to submit banking statement? We submitted in original I-751, but came back saying not enough information.

I prefer not print out at home and pay bank a lot of money for past transaction.

We plant to re-submit joint tax return and apartment lease contracts reflecting the day we got married.

Seriously its up to you if you want to drag this out and end up with an interview :D ...

 

For RFE you should submit whatever you have to prove bona fide marriage ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so confused as to why you're so persistent that you would not submit bank statements. If the RFE requests for bank statements, then you need to provide the bank statements. If you use online banking, bank statements gets uploaded at the end of the month to your online account, just look for a printer somewhere and print them. you don't have to pay the bank to get them. You cannot resubmit what was not requested from you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks! I will print out what I can and get the rest from bank. They will charge 5 dollars per month of transactoins....:huh:

Funny thing is that USCIS asked for a lot of evidence but they only sent me very small envelope. How am I supposed to shove everthing in. lol.

Edited by KC & SC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KC & SC said:

Thanks! I will print out what I can and get the rest from bank. They will charge 5 dollars per month of transactoins....:huh:

Funny thing is that USCIS asked for a lot of evidence but they only sent me very small envelope. How am I supposed to shove everthing in. lol.

I'd say send only relevant pages (for example pg 1-4).  A typical personal bank account usually doesn't have more than a couple of pages of transactions. Dont have to send irrelevant advertisements, notices, etc that accompany the statements. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

I'd say send only relevant pages (for example pg 1-4).  A typical personal bank account usually doesn't have more than a couple of pages of transactions. Dont have to send irrelevant advertisements, notices, etc that accompany the statements. 

I would say send all the pages so USCIS wont think that OP did not omitted any pages or falsify the statements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×