AbenaKofi

I129f September 2017 filers

2,863 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! My fiancé sent our I-129F package on September 9th and just received our NoA1 yesterday, September 15th. It'll be processed by Vermont Service Center. Stats from USCIS say five months, but stats on here indicate it may be just three months until we (hopefully) receive NoA2. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. Very exciting! Good luck everyone :) 

h

25 minutes ago, LizM said:

Hey everyone! My fiancé sent our I-129F package on September 9th and just received our NoA1 yesterday, September 15th. It'll be processed by Vermont Service Center. Stats from USCIS say five months, but stats on here indicate it may be just three months until we (hopefully) receive NoA2. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. Very exciting! Good luck everyone :) 

It will be longer then 3 months more around 5 to 8 months for NOA 2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
18 hours ago, LoveTakesOver said:

We are also in the same page for same sex couple. Hope everything is going to be in smooth process. 

Pray to God it does :D I'm going to follow you on here.  You can message me to talk share info whatever hope it help to past time let the long wait continue Lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, LizM said:

Oh never mind my previous post - receipt number says WAC. California it is! I must have misunderstood the USCIS page.

I was about to say if your NOA 1 really says VSC that could be really good new or really bad.

Normally cases are transferred from CSC to VSC because of possible criminal back ground checks on the petitioner and they can languish there for a looooong time.

On the other hand if you case went straight from lock box in TX to VSC then that might mean many more heading that way to relieve CSC and your case could be approved a lot quicker than CSC

BUT it's all moot point 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Does anyone know if there is a reason as to why the CSC is the only service center processing the applications at this point? 

16 hours ago, LabOz said:

I was about to say if your NOA 1 really says VSC that could be really good new or really bad.

Normally cases are transferred from CSC to VSC because of possible criminal back ground checks on the petitioner and they can languish there for a looooong time.

On the other hand if you case went straight from lock box in TX to VSC then that might mean many more heading that way to relieve CSC and your case could be approved a lot quicker than CSC

BUT it's all moot point 

I guess that I will have to have quite a serious discussion with my fiancé then if a transfer to VSC happens further down the line... ;) 

h

On 9/6/2017 at 11:08 AM, Jeffreyyu said:

Just take your time an put all the evidence you have to prove the relationship together screen shots, call logs,  greetings card etc you will be fine regardless of which embassy Lol as a same sex couple i was worried that our case would be more difficult but after doing some research i don't think we'll be at a disadvantage so we all need to stop worrying Lol 

You will be fine. Just follow the directions. Don't go out of your way to produce more than necessary for the petition. Have additional info with you at the interview but don't volunteer it. Everybody gets treated the same on this journey. Do not go into this thinking that you have a chip on your shoulder. The law is what will be followed by the embassies. There may be individuals with poor attitudes but this is all guided by law and I haven't heard of a single case of sexual orientation discrimination. Just do exactly as is required and this journey will be fine. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

On 9/14/2017 at 1:08 AM, Teza said:

Hi everyone! I'm from Philippines and my finance just filed our K1 packet last September 9 at Lewisville, Texas. Waiting for NOA1 now. Good luck and God bless to us! 

Make sure you visit the Philippines regional forum. There is a lot of good information there. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
On 9/12/2017 at 4:08 PM, Just-in-case18 said:

Hey all! I'm from Boston and my fiancé is from wales in the U.K.! We're sending off our packet tomorrow and hoping everything goes smoothly! 

I'm from England and my fiancé is in Pennsylvania. Good luck to you both! Nice to see another UK-US couple!

Timeline
10 hours ago, NicolaBolton87 said:

I'm from England and my fiancé is in Pennsylvania. Good luck to you both! Nice to see another UK-US couple!

It definitely is! Hope everything goes smoothly for you guys! 

Timeline

Uscis updated their website today stating as of July 31st they were processing march 1st applications... hopefully this process speeds up a bit ! Fingers crossed! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.