GermanGirlinNYC

Shocked by EAD Processing Time

54 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Suss&Camm said:

I have activated notifications... and it just pops up on the "packages dashboard" on the web version or under "My packages" in the app as soon as it's scanned in at a mail facility.

...and it gives you an estimated delivery date...each scan is registered, just like with UPS or FedEx tracking..since it's priority.

Awesome! Thank you so much for the help (and support!) :D

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

At last just got notified my EAD was approved( along with daughters) but nothing on the AP as yet. My understanding is/was that they are sent out together as a combined card. If i dont see an update by Monday I shall put in a SR for AP's.

At last i can start looking for work now.

• 1 year later...

Hi I just wanted to share my experience with you. I applied for my EAD through an L2 visa on April 5th. I entered the country stayed for 2 weeks and went back home for 2 months, I also did it through PWC lawyers, they filed with Vermont and at the time the timeline said 4-5 months SLA. I was as shocked as you are, I couldn't expect my job ( I am from the uk - although born in Peru - but work for a global company who had offfered to transfer my role to the USA) to wait for 6 months, and my company fell uncomfortable letting me work from the USA in a UKi contract.

anyway I tried to raise a spedite request at day 35 based on financial loss they declined it and didn't even ask for evidence. I lost hope. 

On day 53 my app updated to say the card is being created!!!! 💥 boom!! That easy! I still can't believe it!! 

So don't lose hope and wait for your 3 months before you worry too much about it!! Yes there are horror stories but also there are straight easy painless stories!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I think processing times are greatly affected by where you live. I live in a rural area and our service center is small compared to other big cities and my wife hasn't gotten her EAD or AP yet, but we went to our AOS interview on 06/06/18 and got approved.  4.5 months since we submitted our package and we're just waiting for it to come in the mail. We're shocked to say the least but so ecstatic :D

unitedstates.gift4518.gifbelgium-flag.gif

Met Online March 3, 2016

Became a couple April 2, 2016

First trip to Belgium: June 28 - August 11, 2016

Second trip to Belgium: December 15, 2016 - March 11, 2017

K1

Sent in I-129F September 14, 2016

Visa received in hand April 6, 2017

I-129F to K1 in hand: 204 days (6 months 23 days)

Arrived into the US May 10, 2017

Married June 2, 2017!!

AOS

Sent AOS packet January 19, 2018

Greencard received in mail June 14, 2018

AOS to Greencard in hand: 146 days (4 months 26 days)  

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

4 to 6 months or so.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

How long is the timeline for EAD these days?

USCIS has online tools available 24/7, including case processing times 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Zombie thread locked to further replies. Please start a new thread for questions.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.