dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hi everyone! This will be my third NVC thread which is kind of depressing. I noticed that a few months ago, NVC was completing cases for Croatia in 20 days - which really bummed me out as my scan date is Dec 1.

Trying to keep myself in a positive frame of mind. I am lucky to live with my husband and children and that going through this process hasn't kept us apart. I am lucky that we don't HAVE to be in America until August meaning that we have plenty of time to complete this process. I just keep repeating this to myself when I start to get annoyed with NVC. Another plus is that my extended family FINALLY understands why I opted to immigrate to Croatia 8-ish years ago instead of my husband moving to America (it was an easier/faster process).

Good luck to all of us still at NVC... this too shall pass :D

US Citizen Filing for Spouse - Married since January 2009, 2 Children

IR1 Visa - US Citizen living abroad, not DCF, Re-establishing Domicile, Joint Sponsor

12.April.2016 Filed I-130

22.June.2016 NOA1 (they entered my address incorrectly, therefore was not delivered until JULY)

07.Sept.2016 I-130 approved

07.Oct.2017 NVC welcome letter received

10.Nov.2016 Complete DS-261

10.Nov.2016 Payed AOS/IV Bill

19.Nov.2016 Complete DS-260

26.Nov.2016 Mailed AOS/IV Packet to NVC

29.Nov.2016 AOS/IV Packet Delivered to NVC

01. Dec.2016 Scan Date
13.Jan.2017 Checklist for  I-864 pages 10-12 BLANK FORM PAGES
02.Feb.2017 2nd Scan Date

14.April.2017 Case Complete (CC at exactly 10 weeks)

04.May.2017 Interview date scheduled/received email from NVC

10.May.2017 Medical
01.June.2017 Interview - APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
26 minutes ago, MianGee said:

I called them up today and was told that they have received information from consulates for appointments available in March, but have not scheduled yet.

Did you asked particularly for Islamabad Embassy ?

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, TokyoHNL said:

Ok, so I had . time to think about this.  If they are already processing dates for March . at the US Embassy in Tokyo and my case is not processed yet.... does that mean my family has to wait until APRIL now - any chance for February or March?

Anyone processing for Japan besides me?  

I'm so beside myself...... 

Really rooting and praying for your Cc.

First scan date July 13.

After waiting for months we were asked to resubmit all the documents.

2nd scan date  Nov 4

Case complete Jan 11.

All will be well.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, geemummy said:

Really rooting and praying for your Cc.

First scan date July 13.

After waiting for months we were asked to resubmit all the documents.

2nd scan date  Nov 4

Case complete Jan 11.

All will be well.

Thank you !  good luck to you as well.   

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Nauman sh said:

Did you asked particularly for Islamabad Embassy ?

Yes sir, I did :)

Hang in there buddy, we might hear some good news this week 

USCIS
I-140 sent: 06/15/2016
NOA1: 06/17/2016
I-140 approved: 09/21/2016
Received hard copy NOA2: 09/23/2016
Sent to NVC: 09/28/2016

NVC
NVC Received: 10/07/2016
Case # and IIN#: 10/22/2016
DS-260 Completed: 10/22/2016
IV Fee Invoiced: 10/27/2016
IV Fee Paid: 10/27/2016
Sent IV Package: 11/04/2016
Scan Date: 11/08/2016
Supervisor Review: 12/20/2016
Case Complete:1/9/2017

Embassy
Interview Date:3/16/2017
Visa Approved:
Visa in Hand:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Just now, MianGee said:

Yes sir, I did :)

Hang in there buddy, we might hear some good news this week 

2 more days of this week....I am hanging like a mango :P

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Last time i called NVC rep said they will start scheduling interviews on february, i hope we will hear some good news soon.please share any update about your case regarding CC or interviews.good luck all .

I just called not schedule interview for me yet.... And they will schedule interviews for March ... When? Don't know ... I am off today I will try later checking every 2 hours CeAc status.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

So based on the people posting on this thread, it seems like all of you have had to do supervisor reviews. Is this that common? I was quoted "up to six weeks" for processing, was that just a bunch of bull? I see a lot of you have up to four months' time between scan and CC?!?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
21 minutes ago, phillamb168 said:

So based on the people posting on this thread, it seems like all of you have had to do supervisor reviews. Is this that common? I was quoted "up to six weeks" for processing, was that just a bunch of bull? I see a lot of you have up to four months' time between scan and CC?!?

I've been at the NVC since May - there was confusion on both my part and NVCs which caused me to have to send documents in September and again in November.  My scan date for November is Nov 28th which puts me well past 6 weeks.   I wish they would take this 6 week nonsense out of their replies and give us real dates and then meet the dates.

42 minutes ago, phillamb168 said:

Yes the average right now seems to be around 10 weeks.

Original Scan Date: September something (I can't remember)

Checklist: November ~22nd or so

Second Scan Date: November 28th

Supervisor Review: January 10th

Called today again. Same "it's in the review department, can be reviewed at any time" deal. Actually had a nice conversation for once (we bonded over snow and people's inability to drive in it. Apparently there was a snow storm in NH where the NVC is located last night, so there were less supervisor's in this morning when I called).

He did say that as of this morning they had no received any availability for March interviews yet from Embassies. Not sure if he was just talking about one region or everyone.

Edited by bcking

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.